IM009025.JPG

Here's the biggest wasp nest I ever seen. 2014 just behind my shop I got a chevy van sitting with a sign/post on the roof, and the wasps built this magnum hotel. I later cut it off and have it stored away for a someday wall mount.

Reactions: LSXtasy
OMG.....that's a monster..... You got more b@lls than me.... I wouldn't have gone near that baby in -30 weather unless I tiger torched or nuked it first.... hahahaha.... Every time I get close to a nest, the damn things sense me for some reason and attack without warning.... That's a great nest.... careful it doesn't come alive when it warms up...lol...

An awful lot of really nice pictures, unbelievable. Here is one of my buddy's truck. It is pretty much all original even most of the paint! it was in an accident almost 45 years ago and that is what he calls the new parts LOL

View attachment 4988
Sweet looking ride 12cents.... and that truck was an antique 45 years ago when it had it's accident...looking great...

Here are a few sunrise pic's I've taken.

If your wondering what to do with the wasp nest's, give them to a local school, they are great for science class. One I took to school when I was in 7th grade in '72 is still on display at the school. I've sent 5 to school's over the years.

Black
Xfire, you can't just drop the biplane picture in with no explanation.:Confused5: Is this more of your handiwork?:thumbs:

Great shots, thanks for sharing.

Black 03 Z06 , no I didn't build this biplane , but I did get a pilots license back in 1977. I call it my lawn ornament . Great land mark cause there ain't another plane for hundreds of miles around along the highway like this and people remember it. The guy built it from scratch just from parts he had lying around. It has a 4 cyl Vauxhaul motor in it. 2 seater , stick control . He even hammered out a prop but it is short and not the right pitch , aluminum is all riveted to a 1" steel tubing frame . Sounds like a real plane too. He got only about 15mph down the road , thank goodness it didn't lift off as I would never try fly it. His next project I heard was a helicopter !! Wingspan is 23 1/2 feet . I'm looking for a belly torpedo and a machine for it !!
IM001982.JPG
IM001994.JPG
IM004260.JPG

Years ago we started following a "gypsy jazz" duo called Willie and Lobo. Wille from Florida and Lobo from Bavaria via Mexico. Somebody said wouldn't it be great to have them play on the dock? So on a bet I got them to play on the dock. It was the first of about 9 concerts we had in support of the Toronto General Hospitals Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Fund. We raised $150K for the TGH over the years and had some incredible parties.

So here are some other "noise makers" that entertained us over the years. Wonderful people with incredible talent.

This is a crummy shot from the very first concert. It had rained all day, I had picked up Willie and Lobo at Pearson Airport early Saturday morning, it rained all the way back to Haliburton. Things were not looking so good. We had about 100 people show up and just before the start a small hole opened in the clouds and the sun came out. The show was on. It was truly a magical night.

TkS1wr8l.jpg

Two days after the concert we had a Tornado rip through leaving a huge mess and a whole lot of "what ifs". Scary.

JM5gtV4l.jpg

The next year Willie and Lobo came back along with Amanda Martinez and Kevin Laliberte.

Amanda and Kevin. Two of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Talent indeed.
btNiljNl.jpg

dvxNtVal.jpg

Bz8yjRhl.jpg

e4hnuCFl.jpg

Willie Royal
yGELw1ll.jpg

Wolfgang "El Lobo" Fink
li9UEuul.jpg

ZcvOhCCl.jpg

p4E3b0Nl.jpg

Willie Royal's music has gone silent as he is suffering from early onset Alzheimer's disease. I just feel robbed by what has happened to my friend. Google all of them but listen to some of Willie and Lobo's music, still magic.

The following year Roger Scannura and his Ritmo Flamenco Troop played for us. Our dock is not big and Roger's wife and daughters danced. We kept wondering who would fall off the dock first! I first met Roger in Mexico at the Zihuatanejo Guitar Festival.

Roger Scannura
kXoqNcMl.jpg

EaSpyZCl.jpg

Roger's Daughter (she was stunning)
4CPbBSFl.jpg

v6C5BGvl.jpg

yHLyhLUl.jpg

Roger's wife is a professional flamenco dancer and instructor

AEevevJl.jpg

FWDQ5vSl.jpg

The next year The Sultans of String played for us. What a night.

VJoBNill.jpg

FvyxsVql.jpg

I am missing a lot of pictures from the next few years but the last year Downchild Blue Band played for us. We had 170 people show up, ran out of food and alcohol. My poor wife was stressed beyond belief, she managed somehow to pull it all off and everyone was fed. She reminds me when I bring up doing another fundraiser that she is an expert shot and this is the last thing I will hear and see. She is a hard case sometimes!
m2meiVIl.jpg

Thanks for looking, I am running out of pictures, yeah I know thank goodness!