This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Question Pull key, wait 10 seconds

Hotrodron

Regular
You're 5
Nov 4, 2018
Boston
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Z06
Province
USA
I was wondering if anyone has ever had this message come up on the DIC. It happened to me this morning, for the first time. I've been away for a couple of weeks, & when I started the car up,that message popped up. I pulled the key & waited, then took the car out for a couple of hours, & the message never came back & the car ran fine.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I haven’t had that specifically, but it sounds like the contact on your key may need to be cleaned as the ohm resistance may be off a bit.
Keep us up to date whether anything develops or if it stays away.
On a side note, do you know if your car has had a column lock bypass installed?

Yes it does, I installed an LMC5 module a few months back

Was the battery hooked up to a Tender or some other charger Ron? My battery, even new, gets run down over a two week period. Just a thought.

No it wasn't Murray, but that is a thought, I'll put it on the tender in the future when I go away from now on though, Thanks

Glad to hear the bypass was installed. I wasn't sure if the two issues were related, but obviously not. I would hopefully chalk up this event to a fluke. Although 2004 is relatively recent, the computers/electronics were developed in the early to mid 90's for our cars so they glitch out from time to time. Part of the fun of enjoying a C5.

Reactions: GWL and Hotrodron
I initially thought right off it was a fluke, (just had a feeling), and driving it for an hour after it happened kind of confirmed it, Thanks again Ron

My 2003 and my friends 1999 both have had the LMC5 done and we still get the 10 sec message from time to time...seems to be one of those C5 goblins!