You're 5
Nov 4, 2018
Boston
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Z06
Province
USA
I was wondering if anyone has ever had this message come up on the DIC. It happened to me this morning, for the first time. I've been away for a couple of weeks, & when I started the car up,that message popped up. I pulled the key & waited, then took the car out for a couple of hours, & the message never came back & the car ran fine.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I haven’t had that specifically, but it sounds like the contact on your key may need to be cleaned as the ohm resistance may be off a bit.
Keep us up to date whether anything develops or if it stays away.
On a side note, do you know if your car has had a column lock bypass installed?

I haven’t had that specifically, but it sounds like the contact on your key may need to be cleaned as the ohm resistance may be off a bit.
Keep us up to date whether anything develops or if it stays away.
On a side note, do you know if your car has had a column lock bypass installed?

Yes it does, I installed an LMC5 module a few months back

Was the battery hooked up to a Tender or some other charger Ron? My battery, even new, gets run down over a two week period. Just a thought.

No it wasn't Murray, but that is a thought, I'll put it on the tender in the future when I go away from now on though, Thanks

Glad to hear the bypass was installed. I wasn't sure if the two issues were related, but obviously not. I would hopefully chalk up this event to a fluke. Although 2004 is relatively recent, the computers/electronics were developed in the early to mid 90's for our cars so they glitch out from time to time. Part of the fun of enjoying a C5. :D

• Agree
Reactions: GWL and Hotrodron
I initially thought right off it was a fluke, (just had a feeling), and driving it for an hour after it happened kind of confirmed it, Thanks again Ron

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.