Feb 24, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hi All,

I have a 2024 HTC and took delivery of it about a month ago. This issue has happened twice and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue. My car is set-up to read celsius of course because I live in Ontario. The climate control on the drivers side displays celsius, however the passenger side displays the temperature in fahrenheit, see picture. And then on another day the driver side displayed fahrenheit and passenger displayed celsius. As mentioned, this has only happened twice and it was completely random on both occasions. All other times the temperature displayed celsius as it should. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Attachments

• Corvette climate control temp readings differ.jpg
    Corvette climate control temp readings differ.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 0
I get tired of explaining to our newer fire department members that there is a large difference between the US gallon and the Imperial gallon (about 20%). Then I demonstrate with our water tender. It carries 1800 imperial gallons. The portable tank is 2500 US gallons. Darn near fills it.

I grew up and easily changed to a better system.
Well, except lumber and ... time? Que George Carlin.

Some things are too well established in our society to change, e.g. lumber. It wouldn't make sense to start designing houses around "metric" lumber sizes and then have two standards (although I'll bet lumber producers would love the shrinkflation opportunities of making 1x2 metre plywood). Same thing with tire rim sizes, even though widths are metric. Ford did briefly flirt with metric TRX rim/tire diameters (to everyone's annoyance), but that was partly because it was a new system that wasn't compatible with existing tires/rims regardless of size.

Even though we crap on the US for still be Imperial, in reality most of their government, manufacturing, defence, and aerospace has been metric for some time now. There's even a few roads down south that they measure in kilometres. It's just the common everyday usage of things like temperature or distance that hasn't changed, since that's so ingrained in people's brains. Heck even the UK still measures their roads in miles. And I'll bet for the vast majority of Canadians, they list their height and weight in Imperial, and if you ask someone the size of a random object (say, a pencil), they'll give it to you in inches instead of centimetres.

And I'll bet for the vast majority of Canadians, they list their height and weight in Imperial, and if you ask someone the size of a random object (say, a pencil), they'll give it to you in inches instead of centimetres.
I have no idea whether my drivers license reflects my actual height! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: MKC8
At this point I think we are likely a little shorter than what it says.
Funny thing, when I check to see how tall a hockey player is (for example) it's in 1.x meters so I always have to google what that is in feet & inches! Drives me crazy that Google decides to report in Metric because I live in Canada and I can't change it.