Well... This is it... We're turning the corner and winter is behind us in Red Deer. I's a balmy minus 20 this morning with a brisk wind out of the Northwest and snowing.. and the girl on the radio said the wind chill temperature was barely minus 30.... Definitely the feeling of spring in the air today... yup.... Corvette will see the glorious outdoors now in no more than 40 days... mark my word....
:tearz::blue::Ice:

IMG_20170310_074016.jpg

I guess the older you get the less tolerant you become of weather. This has seemed like the never ending winter, started early and is unrelenting. Minus 20 here this morning.

Eric, that picture makes me cold just looking at it. Throw another log on the fire.

I like your optimism 40 days.:thumbs: I confess I lifted the cover on my car the other day so if it stays cold it is my fault.:Biggrin:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
We have asphalt and we know how to drive. We've already spent our fortune on winter clothes... We can only eat so much goat and iguana meat.... There's a reason Corona is the colour of urine.... hmmmmm... I'm sure there's more if we think about it....:Biggrin:

So looking at your picture and the one below, remind me again why we live here, Eric???

palapas-private-beach-jamaica-inn.jpg
hmmm ..... maybe because those waters are for a different kind of Stingray ??? :whaat:
...and hey! ... no fair posting that photo in the wrong "Stingray" Forum...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pep
Pep, the difference in those two pictures is there would be 10 people willing to fist fight over who put their shoe on the chair in that palapa first and absolutely no one fighting over cleaning Eric's windshield off. So there.:Smug:

Last edited:
I wish you guys would keep winter out west. The last few days were quite nice, the temp. got above freezing and our snow is almost gone. the forecast sucks though,temp to go to around -30 with the wind chill and another blizzard for Tues. Thought we'd have an early spring.

I wish you guys would keep winter out west. The last few days were quite nice, the temp. got above freezing and our snow is almost gone. the forecast sucks though,temp to go to around -30 with the wind chill and another blizzard for Tues. Thought we'd have an early spring.
:whaat:... soo sorry - but with the major frowning at not approving of our Alberta Oil Pipes we only intended for it to reach Ottawa
... but it appears that we we over shot it :Ice:... Liberal MP offspring doesn't learn from the past and we take it rather seriously ... :rofl:

Last edited:
Malcolm... If you moved back a few hundred more yards off the Bay of Fundy, you would probably gain 15 degrees in temperature too.... lol... Never failed to amaze me how I could drive to my Dad's in Cheverie and it would be cold as h3ll there with the wind off the Bay as compared to a few miles inland..

Malcolm... If you moved back a few hundred more yards off the Bay of Fundy, you would probably gain 15 degrees in temperature too.... lol... Never failed to amaze me how I could drive to my Dad's in Cheverie and it would be cold as h3ll there with the wind off the Bay as compared to a few miles inland..
Very windy a lot of the time but when I sit out on my veranda and watch the sun set over Five Islands it's all worth it. Just wish I didn't have to have a snowsuit on and have my chair tied down while sitting out.

The snow is slowly starting to recede in Haliburton. What is left is a frozen mass and there are a lot of very slippery spots here and there. The lake is still frozen with about 2 feet of ice. Went ice fishing yesterday and had to call CAA in to haul my catch out. A tilt and load filled with a small bass. :Biggrin:

I will be so glad when winter lets go its icy grip, still burning wood trying to keep the place warm. The Corvette still remains under cover and probably will for some time yet.

The snow is slowly starting to recede in Haliburton. What is left is a frozen mass and there are a lot of very slippery spots here and there. The lake is still frozen with about 2 feet of ice. Went ice fishing yesterday and had to call CAA in to haul my catch out. A tilt and load filled with a small bass. :Biggrin:

I will be so glad when winter lets go its icy grip, still burning wood trying to keep the place warm. The Corvette still remains under cover and probably will for some time yet.
I originally thought I would be able to get mine out around April 15, but we got about 25 cm of snow over the last couple of days, so probably be more like May 1st.

I said a while back we turned the corner into spring.... Well... we have turned the same corner again... In the other freaking direction.... Summer was one 14 degree day we had in February.... Winter is back again.... This is the view out my window this morning....At least I don't need another hibernation oil change... :Banghead::Beatdeadhorse:

DSCN5529.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread