Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Nasty nasty cold with a big wind here today but beautiful outside so I bulked up and braved the cold to get a picture of the gorgeous sun dogs in the blowing snow sky. Thought this might be a neat thread to open and see if we can get some Canada wide cool weather pictures. Here's my starter. (Note. This is not enhanced either)

Eric

springtime in the rockies.... NOT.JPG

Thanks Murray. The old farmers here are split on the meaning of the phenomenon.... I don't try to argue the ice crystal light refraction science with them... hehe.... It's split between them whether it means it's going to be clear and cold as hell tonight or it means there's a change in the weather coming... Pretty safe bet in this province with either forecast...
. :Tongue:

Fair enough Nik. But you know a nice day picture would look pretty spectacular to me right now too... lol... Check your pm by the way.

Now that's weird. Sent it Thursday. Shows up in mine..... I tagged it on to the MOTM discussion we had. Here's the paste.... lol.....

Rruuff Day

Corvette:
2015 C7 LT3 ZF1
Hey Nik. On another note, do you still have the targa top storage bag for sale? Think it will fit my C7 top?

Rruuff Day, Thursday at 9:19 PM

I killed two mosquitoes last night
AND according to my Mom, THAT is a sign of cold weather ahead. Mothers know these things, science be damned. ;)

That makes sense Keith. Our mosquitoes started their winter migration to the east about mid October. At their average flying speed of about 0.8 mph, they probably reached Ontario last week or so.

Reactions: Keith Tedford
That makes sense Keith. Our mosquitoes started their winter migration to the east about mid October. At their average flying speed of about 0.8 mph, they probably reached Ontario last week or so.

Yep, that would explain it. I think that this long dark winter is starting to muddle our brains. I get out for lunch with about three different groups of retirees each month. Some car people some just good guys to be out with. Shortens the winter quite a bit. On Friday, I went with a couple of guys to look at a nice '89 Corvette. No decisions made yet but they know what they are looking at.
Kens 1989 Vette.JPG

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Wowsers... Looks like it just rolled out of the showroom.... Friday? Where did you go? Florida? There's still leaves on the trees.... The only leaves still on my trees are the ones I duct taped on so I remember what leaves are.... :Cryin: lol...

Thanks Bill. We get some fantastic opportunities for weather pictures out here but murphys law usually takes over and I don't have my camera with me... lol...

I think your picture has us all frozen Eric. :D

Awesome picture by the way. Quite beautiful......but looking at it further, it makes me want to stay inside. Anyway, I think that picture is the type of scene described when my grandparents used to tell us how they had to walk 5 miles to school, in the middle of winter, uphill both ways, in socks. :D

Thanks Riley. It was a blustery day here yesterday for sure....

Wow.... I got the same story from my grandparents.... But mine swore they didn't even have socks....o_O

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread