Nice Hiroki... do I look jealous ? We had a -35 ambient here last week...-46 wind chill. Warmer this week, In the mid minus teens ... forecasting -39 for next Wednesday. That will be our coldest temp yet this winter if it comes....:Ice:

Haliburton Winters Day

RxHM2Wwl.jpg

I seem to have lost my mate, have you seen him?
WVaEwYel.jpg

Wow Murray. You definitely have me beat in the snow department.... but I have you beat for ice.... we have no open water in our backyard....lol.... Great pictures my friend. As much as the winter months don't let us drive our cars, I do love the look of the fresh snow on the ground and the trees....

Nice pictures Murray. Brings back memories for sure. Sometimes I miss the northern (haha, not really north at all) Ontario winters. I might not have gotten excited about the prospect of having to clear the driveway after a 3 foot dump of snow overnight, but I did like the miles and miles of sled trails and the ability to ride into any gas station or restaurant right off the trail just like driving a car. The salt isn't very nice on the cars, but the roads are cleared right away and constantly. It amazes me how people get into accidents out there.

Alberta winters suck. We don't get very much snow, so owning a sled is worthless unless you have a trailer to take them to the mountains. We get wicked wind which makes things much colder than you can imagine. The chinooks are nice in theory, but I get bad headaches every time and our roads are a mess. Our snow is almost always dry and light but goes on for days, so my son is almost five and has never built a snowman because we can't! My street has never been plowed ever, and instead of getting tired from the weight of the snow with my shovel, I get tired from trying to scrape the frozen layers at the bottom. I burn through at least one snow shovel every year from trying to scrape my driveway clear, but at least I don't need to own a snowblower here.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Well I will have to take a picture of the house tomorrow morning but I walked the dogs late in the afternoon for the last time today and just stood and looked at the house. It has been many years since there was this much snow on the roof and I think it is going to have to come off. Just too much weight and now they are calling for rain later in the week.:Banghead:

So my thought is to fix my snow blower, the chute is frozen in one position and it will not move. So take it apart, bring the cable assembly in the house and blow the cables out with compressed air then add some lubricant. Take the blower up on the deck and then start shovelling the snow onto the deck and blowing it off there. Tough to do with a 20 pound oxygen tank on your back but I see no other way to do it.

Have I mentioned I hate winter?:Arghh:

I'm thinking I would be hiring a bunch of local elves to get up there and do it for you Murray. Don't know what you're roof looks like but I have one of those handy dandy extendable handle pull scrapers. Then at least Brenda doesn't have to climb up on that steep roof..... lol.....

Great shots Murray! The snow looks beautiful.
I've got no good snow story as my involvement with it has been reduced to just pushing it aside off the driveway ever since I put the truck in storage. i just wanted to say those are some great pics!

Chinook...Oh Chinook.... how do we love you...Let me count the ways.... errrrrr.... Ok... My point is when those westerly winds start picking up in the Pacific, they reach the coast line and pick up that hot Corvette exhaust from all you guys and girls still driving out there. Then it comes east across the mountains and sweeps down across the foothills into Red Deer... and some other places but most importantly, Red Deer. +3 here when I crawled out of bed and suppose to stay warm all freakin week.... Where's my lawn mower..... :Woohoo:

Lawn mower...? You do realize that pot isn't legal here in Alberta yet, right Eric???:Wideyed::Biggrin::Biggrin:.

I think anyone that has nice winters cough Hiroki cough should be temporarily banned from posting pictures for said winter months :D

What? We can't harvest....errrrr.... mow our grass in Alberta yet? Next thing you'll be telling me we're not allowed to distill our own bourbon either.... sheesh.... That's it... I'm moving to Nelson.... or Langley....lol
:smoke::drunkbig:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread