Without looking at the thermometer, or the three feet of snow still on the ground, this is another way of telling that it's still winter in Alberta...

cat door.jpg

Sorry about that. That looks like B.C. smoke. You should see it from our side of the provincial border. It's a good thing we have two air purifiers in our house.
Al...
We've had some nasty days as well considering we have basically no fires in AB. Very lucky as we have had no rain for a month now and not much the month before that. Mostly west winds keep bringing your smoke our way. This was my yard a few mornings ago. Had to check to make sure there wasn't a fire on my farm...lol...

1628344448667.png

@Rruuff Day how has the lobster trapping been considering the lack of water? :Biggrin:

Damn that is smokey!
Ya know Murray. Earlier in the spring I was getting three or four lobsters daily but lately the lake isn't producing nearly as well. Lucky to get one in my traps right now. Good thing the walleye are still biting. Smart move bringing a couple traps with me from NS when I moved. :Biggrin:

1628358900128.png

Well... was suppose to be our last nice day yesterday so my buddy and I decided to get one last day fishing in on Gull Lake before he puts his fishing boat away for the winter. Forecast said a high of 19 in the afternoon so we timed leaving Red Deer at 10:00 am. Arrived at the lake and were in the water by 11:00 but still only 2 degrees out. Halfway across the lake and freezing my butt off I was revisiting my decision but no, gonna reach 19 pretty quick so all will be good.... Not! At 2:00 pm it had warmed all the way up to 6 degrees and we decided to call it a day as we were both grumbling...lol.. Luckily we caught our fair share of walleye which brightened the day up somewhat. I know it was sure nice when we jumped in the truck and turned on the heat....

PXL_20211005_164532205.jpg

Well... was suppose to be our last nice day yesterday so my buddy and I decided to get one last day fishing in on Gull Lake before he puts his fishing boat away for the winter. Forecast said a high of 19 in the afternoon so we timed leaving Red Deer at 10:00 am. Arrived at the lake and were in the water by 11:00 but still only 2 degrees out. Halfway across the lake and freezing my butt off I was revisiting my decision but no, gonna reach 19 pretty quick so all will be good.... Not! At 2:00 pm it had warmed all the way up to 6 degrees and we decided to call it a day as we were both grumbling...lol.. Luckily we caught our fair share of walleye which brightened the day up somewhat. I know it was sure nice when we jumped in the truck and turned on the heat....

View attachment 87846

I could always be worse Eric, you could be still be working, and in an office full of antivaxers. Bravo on your catch, when's dinner?

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I could always be worse Eric, you could be still be working, and in an office full of antivaxers. Bravo on your catch, when's dinner?
Unfortunately Zig, there is a tight slot limit on the one fish a day limit on Gull lake. The fish has to be between 45 and 50 cm to be a keeper. Lots less than than 45 and a few more than 50 but the legal fish knew what they were doing and avoided us. Fish and Wildlife distributes copies of the regulations to the fish as well I think. Printed with waterproof ink of course. :Biggrin:

👆🏻Not much warmer (-25c +wind chill) just south of you 👆🏻
To be Canadian is …
taking the recycle bin to the curb in shorts and sandals 🤣

View attachment 90757 View attachment 90758
I have way more snow than you. I will be plowing this morning. Shame my plow truck isn't licenced for the road or I would push some down to you. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread