I have way more snow than you. I will be plowing this morning. Shame my plow truck isn't licenced for the road or I would push some down to you. ;)
Ya not much for accumulated snow here yet and this was the nuisance amount left over by the wind on the driveway. Otherwise shorts change to sweatpants and boots. It’s the deep freeze that I try to cheer up the Corvettes with by wearing my sandles out there. They are definitely not very “cheery” right now and told me to close the door and turn the lights back off 😂

No one said anything about snow in BC....

1639882356409.png

Nasty nasty cold with a big wind here today but beautiful outside so I bulked up and braved the cold to get a picture of the gorgeous sun dogs in the blowing snow sky. Thought this might be a neat thread to open and see if we can get some Canada wide cool weather pictures. Here's my starter. (Note. This is not enhanced either)

Eric

Here's an Alberta weather picture that I'm looking at right now.... We are in for a nasty little stretch here. Nothing even close to decent until mi January... If we are lucky... lol...

PXL_20211227_004455222.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
No fun being a new Maritimer for the second weekend in a row. A little bit melted with rain mid week, only to be replenished with another 1.5ft (and more to follow next week). It will be nice when we get the asphalt driveway in place for next winter as I fail to find someone to hire and clear this for me when it is only a gravel base.

Rather annoying for the people here with property tax dollars 💸 hiring a contractor with a plow who will come by soon to only to block this driveway again.

8B2018B8-946C-4A13-9AEB-D7EF5AA5DC4A.jpeg

Although this weather is not welcoming, the kindness of a few has definitely been noticed. It is awesome that we will get to know these people after finally being able to move in. It’s the type of kindness that has become very rare and only those who reflect to others in this way … truly know how little it does take to be kind.
Finding it ironic for mentioning this in social media … a place found rather barren of kindness at times.

Last edited:
No fun being a new Maritimer for the second weekend in a row. A little bit melted with rain mid week, only to be replenished with another 1.5ft (and more to follow next week). It will be nice when we get the asphalt driveway in place for next winter as I fail to find someone to hire and clear this for me when it is only a gravel base.

Rather annoying for the people here with property tax dollars 💸 hiring a contractor with a plow who will come by soon to only to block this driveway again.

View attachment 92634

Although this weather is not welcoming, the kindness of a few has definitely been noticed. It is awesome that we will get to know these people after finally being able to move in. It’s the type of kindness that has become very rare and only those who reflect to others in this way … truly know how little it does take to be kind.
Finding it ironic for mentioning this in social media … a place found rather barren of kindness at times.
Maritimers have always been welcoming to just about anyone, even me. LOL
They don't have too many axes to grind.
Don't worry, be happy

Maritimers have always been welcoming to just about anyone, even me. LOL
They don't have too many axes to grind.
Don't worry, be happy
Definitely a happy place …
More new move-ins on the street during this recent stay. 🙂👍🏻
All good … Except with what the street snow plowing dude does. 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread