Haha, remember that from ice fishing Spence. Dad did it a few time on the deck but every now and then they get forgotten and make quite the mess!

As the great Khabib Nurmagomedov once famously said, "Dis is number one boolsheet!"

I had to shovel just to get the wife's car out of the driveway this morning, and then four hours later I was back outside with another six inches on top of the 8-10 we already had. The snow was deeper than my snowblower! I helped my neighbor across the street shovel her walk as her 20 year old son went into the house, and then did my 65 year old neighbor's driveway.

The 20 year old just came out as I was going in and jumped into his dad's diesel, fired it up at -18 and immediately drove off. No warm-up at all. What a punk! Glad he's not my kid.

As the great Khabib Nurmagomedov once famously said, "Dis is number one boolsheet!"

I had to shovel just to get the wife's car out of the driveway this morning, and then four hours later I was back outside with another six inches on top of the 8-10 we already had. The snow was deeper than my snowblower! I helped my neighbor across the street shovel her walk as her 20 year old son went into the house, and then did my 65 year old neighbor's driveway.

The 20 year old just came out as I was going in and jumped into his dad's diesel, fired it up at -18 and immediately drove off. No warm-up at all. What a punk! Glad he's not my kid.
I had the snow thrower out to do my 70yr old neighbor's and mine ... The silver spoon kids on the other side shovelled their front walk ... about 3ft toward my 1/2 of the sidewalk between our driveways. So I of course did my 15ft + 12ft more ... because I try not to let this bother me. The thing you might not be surprised with is that we had the :eek: Police show up once and I was asked "how many people live in the house next door" .... I honestly answered that have no idea at any one time how many live in there o_O (damn parents of these kids ... because they are raised this way :Rage:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
In the overall scheme of things you guys did well. Helping someone else out and expecting nothing in return.

Big Thumbs Up for you guys.:thumbs:
You bet ... I get it ... and thx ... just have to vent with my friend here as I hate that this crap is everywhere
and I know when we get to a point of not being able to do it ourselves ...
we will have to hire someone with our pension savings to do just a half-assed job so we don't slip and break a hip ... argh

shovelled up in Calgary for the second time today (and once last night) ...
we are on a Bus Route across from a School (gotta keep on top of it)
... big white flakes started up again as soon as I came in to post this ...

today ...
:Ice:
View attachment 14388

where's summer ? ...
:tearz:
View attachment 14389

Just saying that I don't care for the first picture and that's with two very nice GM's on the driveway. Prefer second picture with two very nice GM's on the driveway!

Reactions: ddgermann
What a day! Snow and cold, and far too much frustration. Moron drivers everywhere, from wiping off the windshield and driver's window and nothing else, to the idiots that can't figure out where the lane is so they drive straight down the middle. People at the daycare parking wherever they please so that they don't have to walk so far through the snow in their fancy shoes, and then not taking off their shoes OR wearing the provided 'booties'. I hate having wet socks first thing in the morning. The lazy damn kid across the street not helping his mother clear the snow while he parks his car in the driveway and she parks on the street. The neighbor halfway down the street who uses his big gas snowblower to move all of the snow from his driveway and his neighbor's straight out into the middle of the street leaving a 3+ foot drift for us to drive through. My car has about six inches of ground clearance, but at least I have all wheel drive. The front drive cars (like the neighbor lady across the street) can't get through it, so not only do I have to push her out of the spot in front of her house, but 200m down the street I have to push her out again (and need the help of three other neighbors). The city won't plow our street, so the fun will continue. I'm going to go for a walk later tonight with a deep socket and a white candle to replace that arshole's spark plug in his snowblower.

And to top it off, I'm out of Baileys. Gotta take the wife's car into the dealer tomorrow because the passenger seatbelt doesn't work when it's cold. Even the damn cars are getting to be as lazy and entitled as the kids these days!

Why do they call it a 'blanket' of snow, which would imply an embracing and warming situation? It's more like a fat chick on a dropped Smartie, pounding and smothering.

Someone is obviously on their way home from a warm climate for us to get this. I hope you enjoyed your vacation, Eric! >:p

What a day! Snow and cold, and far too much frustration. Moron drivers everywhere, from wiping off the windshield and driver's window and nothing else, to the idiots that can't figure out where the lane is so they drive straight down the middle. People at the daycare parking wherever they please so that they don't have to walk so far through the snow in their fancy shoes, and then not taking off their shoes OR wearing the provided 'booties'. I hate having wet socks first thing in the morning. The lazy damn kid across the street not helping his mother clear the snow while he parks his car in the driveway and she parks on the street. The neighbor halfway down the street who uses his big gas snowblower to move all of the snow from his driveway and his neighbor's straight out into the middle of the street leaving a 3+ foot drift for us to drive through. My car has about six inches of ground clearance, but at least I have all wheel drive. The front drive cars (like the neighbor lady across the street) can't get through it, so not only do I have to push her out of the spot in front of her house, but 200m down the street I have to push her out again (and need the help of three other neighbors). The city won't plow our street, so the fun will continue. I'm going to go for a walk later tonight with a deep socket and a white candle to replace that arshole's spark plug in his snowblower.

And to top it off, I'm out of Baileys. Gotta take the wife's car into the dealer tomorrow because the passenger seatbelt doesn't work when it's cold. Even the damn cars are getting to be as lazy and entitled as the kids these days!

Why do they call it a 'blanket' of snow, which would imply an embracing and warming situation? It's more like a fat chick on a dropped Smartie, pounding and smothering.

Someone is obviously on their way home from a warm climate for us to get this. I hope you enjoyed your vacation, Eric! >:p

Breath........................ Now go into the garage, lift off the cover, look, touch, feel, smell, stare and now relax..................................................

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
We're in the process of having our house built and we only needed 1 more week with out snow to get the roof on but no, it had to dump 8 inchs of the white stuff.

20180127_150422.jpg

hahahahaha..... I was reading this post and thinking how lucky i was to have missed it all.... Getting a laugh here and there as I went along.... Then I came to your post Jordy and was just taking a sip of bourbon when I came to the last line blaming it all on me... Sheeeshhh... what a waste of good bourbon when it comes out of my nose....
:rofl:...

This has been a cold hard winter, and as I write this on Good Friday, it is -12 and snowing again.

It's been a tough winter, and as the snow begins to melt and recede a bit, I found this casualty in the front garden.

hardwinter1.jpg

April 16. Snow again. 10-20cm. I guess I should have shoveled the driveway, but like all of the neighbors now, I'm tired of shoveling and it's going to melt anyway.

The wife came home and parked on the fresh snow. She did not go back out again, so the tire marks will indicate where the car was parked, and where it moved to. That's at least seven feet.

Attachments

• 20180416_233441.jpg
    20180416_233441.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: MikeysZ06
April 16. Snow again. 10-20cm. I guess I should have shoveled the driveway, but like all of the neighbors now, I'm tired of shoveling and it's going to melt anyway.

The wife came home and parked on the fresh snow. She did not go back out again, so the tire marks will indicate where the car was parked, and where it moved to. That's at least seven feet.

I don’t think I got 20 cms at my place,10 for sure but being that wet stuff,it’s pretty much gone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread