I was about to whine about our - 21 today in Toronto... Now thinking about making it a holiday destination for you westerners.

Yours probably feels just as cold Nik with the high humidity Ontario has... Nova Scotia was like that too... seems to cut right through you no matter what you're wearing... Here it's a dry cold and can be dressed for.... regardless... All the way up to -29 here at noon.... Heat wave coming... I can feel it.... Or maybe that's the burn of frostbite I feel.... :eek:

Reactions: ddgermann
Is it still called a 'Chinook' wind when it's -32 ?... Nasty wind here today.... Flag is standing out dead straight.... They are saying the wind chill is only -44 but by the feel of things out there, I think they forgot a zero or something... You have way more snow than we do Mike... I bet it's drifting bad around Calgary.... It will be bad enough here... And Dennis! It's a hundred foot walk to my Vettecave.... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... think I'll wait til it gets up to at least -29....lol....

View attachment 13576
Hey !! It’s looking up for New Year’s Day !! Minus 7 660 AM was saying awhile ago !! You might not need those socks quite yet Eric.

As for the snow here,I think it depends what part of the city one is in. I’ve got quite a bit more than all of last year. And they say March is the snow month!! lol. Hasn’t been for a few winters now.

Just seeing the flag like that is nasty!! Sure it’s still flapping and not solid?

We are having a cold snap here too. Normally 33. Brrrrrrrr.

83159845-527E-4407-AB95-0C093B797740.png

I don't know which is worse, the wind we have or the cold you guys put up with. Over Christmas we had three solid days of wind gusting 80+kms/hr and we are bracing for more of the same again tomorrow and through the weekend. Parts of the island will have winds of 100+ over in an area called Wreakhouse

I don't know which is worse, the wind we have or the cold you guys put up with. Over Christmas we had three solid days of wind gusting 80+kms/hr and we are bracing for more of the same again tomorrow and through the weekend. Parts of the island will have winds of 100+ over in an area called Wreakhouse

Fred, no idea why but wind depresses me. Something must have happened when I was a kid but for as long as I can recall wind has triggered the same emotions. Weird I know.

Stay warm and hang on.

I don't mind the wind unless it's cold out.... or hot...or I'm trying to golf, or if I'm fly fishing, or it's a head wind and I'm driving, or a side wind and I'm driving.... or if I'm walking.... Ok... I don't like wind either ... unless it's a Chinook and turns -30 into +1 within hours....

Fred, no idea why but wind depresses me. Something must have happened when I was a kid but for as long as I can recall wind has triggered the same emotions. Weird I know.

Stay warm and hang on.
Be thankful you don’t live in southern Alberta near Turner Valley Murray. You’ll never see as many as there are down there. I couldn’t believe how many can be seen from Hwy 3 west of Hwy 2.

Wow... that's a lot... doesn't look like a half metre deep on the cars though... Guess I'll be plowing when I get home tonight. Ughhhhhh..... Is it spring yet?
If you land in Calgary, you will see a bit of this as we are all shovelling "up" (48" on either side of the driveway) ...
Red Deer and Area does not appear to have got this. Calgary Area Only as it appears to have just sat over the City.
... and there's still more snow continuing to fall today ...
Then we all make "snowpeople" :Woohoo:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
C620BB82-C9AF-4DBB-9FAC-7EDC7274784F.jpeg
Wow... that's a lot... doesn't look like a half metre deep on the cars though... Guess I'll be plowing when I get home tonight. Ughhhhhh..... Is it spring yet?
Actually Eric. I’ve got this much in the hood of my Lexus. Almost a foot,and it’s still coming down like crazy here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread