58 Chev way in the background...

I never seen a headrest before on the Vette . So is she just putting a temporary seat cover on so show room customers don't dirty the seat ? Behind the Impala sits a Cadillac maybe ? hard to tell 4sure.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I never seen a headrest before on the Vette . So is she just putting a temporary seat cover on so show room customers don't dirty the seat ? Behind the Impala sits a Cadillac maybe ? hard to tell 4sure.
Lol. Not my first thought but we’ll go with yours. It’s family friendly. :thumbs:

This 58 is a full custom job. Lots to pick out but I'll try . Top picture starting at the rear of the car , six '59 Cadillac tail lights with bezels are sunken into the chev holes . Trunk lid has all emblems and lock removed . The gas filler door has been removed also as it should be between the lid and bumper, I am guessing he has the filler spout in the trunk now. Rear bumper is stock one piece. Twin rear fender aerials are frenched in the same place that the factory bezels would be and look real cool I think. The fin molding that wraps around the tail lights is gone along with the 4 finger strips in lower rear quarter. The roof imitation scoop molding is gone but the body retains the raised portion where the molding would be and still looks like a opening and possibly the builder put a light in there ?? The pitchfork molding on rear quarter sides is gone but painted ribs still give that effect. The Impala script and crossflags on rear quarter are gone. Door handles and locks are filled in. Side exhaust pipes with what looks like 61 plymouth tali light housing modded that the pipes are coming out of. I have a set of them on my shelf and was going to do that same thing someday. I still see tail pipes so he may have cutouts for the side pipes or they are just fake.
Second pic from the front. Top fender ornaments and side louvers all filled in and gone. Hood emblems removed. The aluminum headlight bezels have been painted body color. The grill is 58 Buick probably from at least 2 cars to make up enough to fill the opening side to side. These grills were one of the favorites used by customisers back in the 60's. The front bumper I have to guess is a home made piece using 58 chev ends but the center is something else and just modded together to follow the slight V of the hood bar design. There is no provision for a licence plate that I can see so that tells me it is just a custom piece. Custom stripes all over as seen. Chrome reverse wheels with the bullet centers. Only one rear view mirror on the drivers door, non 58 . On the interior I can catch the original 58 Impala horn ring . On the right side I see the factory clock , but next to it where the glove box is I see 4 round things which may be guages if he changed the dash there. Next to the 58 sits a custom 57 Buick .

We seen this Cool Dude cruise by before in post 106 . Judging by the other cars, this 58 is almost brand new when it was customized . It's either a Delray or Biscayne 2 door post , Shaved doors and trunk lid , body side moldings gone , cruiser skirts , dice hanging from rear view mirror ,and what looks like hanging on the pass side is one of those air conditioners, I forget the name of them, but you put cold water or ice into it and as you drive the air goes through cools down and is directed into the car , there was one posted elsewhere before on here. I bet he has a set of Hollywood mufflers too.

Last edited: