Somebody is looking for this early 60's custom...

Reactions: hemicat and XFIRE82
...Both of these ragtops are my kinda custom job. The wine colored one has the front fender side louvers and top ornaments removed and filled. Door handles and lock are gone. Rear quarter crossflags, Impala script , lower pitch fork molding and bottom finger ornaments all removed. Starting up front , hard to tell 100% at this angle but it looks like a late 50's Corvette grill or modded 54 chev car grill. The bumper extensions look like shortened 57 Pontiac ?? Hood is louvered . The air intake in front of the windshield has been chromed. Notice behind the front tire the exhaust pipe is chrome or stainless. I see 59 Cadillac tail lights in back. Front seats appear to have the chrome trim like 63-65 Impala . She is riding on wide whites wrapped around chrome reverse wheels.

..............The second car is a older custom done long ago and judging by the haircuts and guys leather jacket it is about 1965 ?? Almost same as the wine car, alot of the small stuff has been removed and filled on the body. Dummy spots on front fenders. The complete grill and bumper are 58 Pontiac. Now look at the under side of the hood. That is chrome reflecting the tripower , yes you can see the 3 air cleaners. He also has a sheet of chrome in front of the rad. Too bright to see but probably tuck and roll upholstery like the sunvisor shows. Notice behind the front tire the skirt is upholstered like the interior , probably on velcrow just on for show and easy to take off later. In front on the ground are his OIL GAS and Water containers , fire extinguisher and some tools. We used to do that as it added one point for each thing you had in the car show judging.

I'm thinking a 6 cyl. pulling a pretty substantial load!
View attachment 28428
.......well yes that is a 235 6 cyl in that Biscayne 2 door. But is it my eyes or what ? but that boat and trailer look funny ? the boat almost looks like sitting in the air ? , can't see a frame and hitch hooked to the car ? the car is not sitting down in back . No winch post in front of the trailer . Or is the color of the trailer frame so blended in with the green grass ?

.......well yes that is a 235 6 cyl in that Biscayne 2 door. But is it my eyes or what ? but that boat and trailer look funny ? the boat almost looks like sitting in the air ? , can't see a frame and hitch hooked to the car ? the car is not sitting down in back . No winch post in front of the trailer . Or is the color of the trailer frame so blended in with the green grass ?

Hmmmmm......... I wonder it is a case of photoshopping (?).

The boat certainly is not sitting very far forward on the trailer for certain. Most boats are really stern heavy so if they are moving it one can only hope not too far. There are some incredible videos online of boat ramp disasters, maybe this one is there somewhere!

Looks like a very bone stock original 58 convertible. The plastic back window is unzippered and is laying down in the well. I see dual exhaust so it is a 4 bbl V8 or tripower under the hood. Next to the 58 sits a 57 chev hardtop with a 6 cyl. , next to the 57 I think that is a 62 Comet sedan.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
this Impala has been repainted to some shade of pink . Only mods I see to this mild custom are a tube grill , hood emblem above the V has been removed , the top front fender ornaments are gone , and chrome wheels. A 56 Ford sits behind the 58 , and across the street is a blue 63 Impala

That's a fairly rare 58 Yeoman 2 door wagon. Except for the fin, all the side moldings, door handles , hood emblem and lock have been removed. Custom grill , one piece bumper and headlight shields dress up the front. Fender skirts over the rear wheels , and 58 never had sun visors so this one is maybe off a 55-57 chev truck . The pillar has been removed for the side windows midway over the rear wheels. It almost looks like there is no glass now ???? Bottom corner of the rear quarters I see an exhaust pipe outlet . Don't know what the wheels are, almost look like from a dually trim ring but the center cap I can tell it is a Cragar SS. Engine I am not sure either as that is my guess a newer GM Vortec maybe ?? and switched intake with dual Edelbrock carbs. Electric fan , heater box on firewall has been modded , no power brakes , big aluminum rad . I see the dipstick for the tranny so it is a automatic. I was never a fan of Flames , but this wagon has the Hot Paint job. Judging by the sign, this pic was not taken in a english speaking country.

Not a factory color. Hood emblem, top fender ornaments and front fender louvers all been removed. Chrome reverse wheels and front chrome bearing dust caps. Shows california plates but car has 3 piece bumpers which is not correct for a california built car. Notice the plate is 1956 , they started using stickers on them for 57 up. We in Sask didn't get stickers untill 78 . Pinstriped design on the hood. Big tires in back propel this sharp looking 58 Impala Sport Coupe.

Last edited: