NHRA Junior Stocker "Tokyo Rose". There was a long line of these cars that were very successful racers. This is the first picture I have ever seen of the Tokyo Rose using a 58 Chev...Cecil County Dragway is in Maryland and is still going strong as far as I know...

tokyo rose ......JPG

Alot of classics in that pic. The black one parked on the left is a 58 Bonneville , behind it a red and white 58 pontiac wagon, and behind the wagon is a black 58 chev Delray . Going down the hill is a pink 58 Nomad wagon. Looks like a busy town close to the water.

Reactions: ddgermann
ahhh you are just foolin around testing my eye's ...:Biggrin:... that's a BelAir hardtop with a V8 in it. he drives it only on sunny days as he took the windshield wipers off.

I don't know much about racing, but that's gotta be a 409 , has a mag , fuel injected, old slicks and one looks wider than the other. The car in back looks like a 57 dodge, yet it should not have those door handles ?? if that car is fairly new then the motor could be a 348 as the 409 didn't show up till '62. The boys are having a heavy discussion deciding what to do . I bought an exact set of valve covers ( drippers ) with those mushroom breathers in Portland at the swap meet 25 years ago. They hung on my wall untill 2 years ago I put them on kijiji and they went to some collector in Winnipeg.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
So how much for the Nomad ? kinda odd, I always thought it was Chev / Olds and Pontiac / Buick as far as dealerships were split up. This place has Chev / Buick ???

the 59 looks like it almost picked up the one front tire. A real vintage drag race. Many years ago I ran my stock 58 in the 60 and older Vintage Drags at SIR in Saskatoon, I had the heaviest car there, 4400 lbs, made 12 passes down the 1/4 mile , got beat by everyone, almost had the 56 t-Bird and 57 Studebaker Hawk but their bumpers crossed the line first. I enjoyed every minute of it.