Thought I had seen a similar photo before (#104). Somebody must have found an old family trip album...

50451875_10205985917722325_2298448007537885184_n.jpg

wow, that gold 58 has many hours of craftsmanship. chopped , shaved , filled , frenched, molded in bumper, looks like dash is changed, 63-65 chev buckets , and more. ....more than I can do. a real kool kustom.

Last edited:
the 58 is a radical one 4sure, done more in the line of what George Barris was doing. The Studebaker was a unique car. I think they kept that body style till 56 then all they did was bolt a fin on and wow, did that change the car and the Hawk was born a true classic. The 53 must be nice underneath seeing the display setup.

Here’s the front for you Michael...
View attachment 23307

Graham

The body work is impressive. Those headlights are very impressive. I don't personally like the way that the front end looks, but I do have a serious appreciation for the effort put into making this. Look at the raised line down the hood (fender, really), and in between the lights. Now look at the driver's side, and notice the shape and how the headlights are molded in a forward triangle.

The grill is awful, unless you are a fan of the Cars movie franchise, in which case it is a character. I can even imagine the voice for this car - The voice for Eeyore, or the robot on Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. lol.

The paint is fantastic too. Deep, and irridescent. I can just imagine the way it changes color in different light.

Thanks Graham!

I have to agree with you Jeremiad that the front end is not so appealing. That mouth looks like it is fashioned after the 55-57 Olds. Actually the raised line down the middle front of the hood is original, the only thing he did to the hood is remove the wide chrome molding and add a modded piece . The rib all across the top front fender is also original , but he continued the rib over the changed headlights, reshaped everything , but that grill mouth is just not right my opinion.....took alot of work but does not suit the body. If we all liked the same thing then no one would look , but have to appreciate the builders skills and give credit for his custom ideas as he built it for what he likes .