This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Ordering a Corvette 101 Start to delivery

Corvette 101 is an excellent article. Anyone really wanting a corvette should print it out and read it often. Wish I would have seen it 2 years ago. I was on 3 lists for 2 years now with not much possibility of a car for another year. One dealer maybe never since he keeps telling me he hasn't gotten any allocations each time I call. According to C8 tracker he got 6 and I was 7 on the list and still am. If you really want a C8 and have the time to do the research it can be done. Two weeks ago I did many of the things that are on the new Corvette 101 list. One of the other thing you need to do is use the C8 tracker to see which dealer gets the cars. Also do not be afraid to go out of Province and don't be afraid to call small dealers. Within 2 weeks I was offered 2 cars and could be next on a small dealers list. As of yesterday my car is at 3000 status. Hopefully I will get my car before the end of the summer. Only paid MSRP plus Doc fee.
Good luck for everyone looking to get a car.

are you status 3000 with Preston (Langley, BC)? should i remove you from our Official List of who is on the list?

I bought my 2020 C8 from a dealer 3 hours away and they had no problem sending me all the documentation by email, in advance.
Did you not sign a purchase agreement when you had an allocation?
Brian Cullen took, my deposit by Visa and sent me papers acknowledging it. When I got an allocation (or was close) I went there and signed a purchase agreement. When I went to pick it up they wanted to do another one stating it was paid etc.
There clearly is different methods with different dealers.

Reactions: Vettenut
Hmmm, interesting comment. I've inquired about a couple of those "gently used" cars I've seen in searches, that are for sale on dealer websites. I think they're either orders that were declined on, or shortly after delivery, or as "bait" to get foot traffic in the door.
It's a business, after all, and sales are what keep the dealers going. Some may choose to use questionable tactics to stay in business, but that's when "e caveat emptor" is supposed to kick in for buyers.
Politicians, lawyers, and car salesmen?

I guess, after having reread this entire thread, my current status is "1100 Order Placed at Dealership - status order requests by dealers".
I asked about it yesterday, and the reply was "we're waiting for an allotment for your spot, blah, blah, there's no specific science for when we get one, blah, blah, each month is not accurate, blah, blah, but you could be next, blah, blah, when it comes in I'll let you know right away".
So, we continue waiting.
I'm beginning to wonder if I might prefer a 2024 anyway, if it comes to that, and I'm already looking at vids to compare and contrast the '23 and the '24.
I'm not seeing too many show stoppers in the 2024, and there aren't too many glaring negatives, that I can see. I can handle a reasonable price increase.
I do like that they are developing a clear engine cover for the HTC models in '24. The rest is mostly safety stuff, except for the new soft close frunk.

I changed my order, at least 4 to 5 times and my salesman never complained once. They changed my order once, Z51 and I do not regret that extra package, even though it pushed me passed 100 grands. These guys go hours on end with not much to do, so what was his problem? Anyway I am glad you are happy with what you got, I know I am ecstatic about this car.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Change it all you want before it gets an allocation. No need to tell the salesman anyway. Just make sure when the allocation arrives he has it correct the way one wants. That is when it matters. After that good luck getting it changed. Once GM accepts the order it's virtually impossible to change it.

I got 34 months wait , for my allocation , so I had plenty of time to make changes. I can laugh about it now but it was not a fun 34 months.

I've had Michelin tires before many times, but never on a supercar.
Are they stickier in the heat, is the rubber compound more dense, what is most noticeable about them?
Can you evade police "stop sticks" with the "run flats"?
Would you like to make a new thread on tires? I can move this stuff to it.

Hi folks

Since I am new to the Corvette world, I am trying to get some perspective on other peoples experience with the whole process of ordering and purchasing a Corvette. I’ve been with Leggat Burlington since March 2022. as of April 2023 they finally took my deposit and entered my order into GM’s workbench.

What I find confusing is you guys are always talking about where everyone is on different dealer lists but I come to find out today that Leggat doesn’t have a list they just enter customer orders into workbench and let GM decide which vehicles they want to build. So you can be sitting at 1100 status for a year and not have your vehicle built but someone can come in and have their vehicle built within months just because GM picks it out of a pool. When I ask my sales guy about a list he told me that this is how GM does it And there are no lists. Has anyone else experienced this?

My dealership has a list.

Sounds like they are lying to you

Reactions: Murray20c8
I asked my dealer/salesman about my "status" late Friday, considering the preliminary order had been submitted to Workbench, and the June 8 allocations, and June 15 constraint dates have both passed, without any news of my order being "picked up".
He said he'd "be in touch when there's an update".
FWIW. (sweet deck all?)

Do you remember when you 1st joined, asked us where you should place your order, and we told you…. Well you decided to go somewhere else.

So now, unfortunately you are at the mercy of your dealer which you haven’t told us the name of.

Do you remember when you 1st joined, asked us where you should place your order, and we told you…. Well you decided to go somewhere else.

So now, unfortunately you are at the mercy of your dealer which you haven’t told us the name of.
I'm in Sarnia. We only have one dealer. Maybe that helps?
Not complaining, just adding another perspective to the topic.
Honestly, I don't think ordering at the WN or Cullens of the province would have helped much.