I don't think cops have anything to do with whether it's a moving violation. They can only apply the law. A missing license plate is not a moving violation under the OHTA.

• Wow
Reactions: COP8
Can you be more specific with your link? I don't have a week to discipher...
I take it you're not a lawyer either! LOL.
I just pointed out the section on license plates and there is no room for discretion that I can see. It's pretty black and white.
They can only ticket you under those sections and subsections of the HTA

Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
So to save myself a roadside debate with the local Constabulary, I have applied my front plate from the onset of ownership...
A cop can only write you a ticket quoting the section of law. A missing plate can be nothing other than a missing plate. Arguing with him on the other hand could lead to all sorts of other things he doesn't like about you. And of course the magistrate will always side with the cop. Been there. I'm just as argumentative as you and my mouth does land me in trouble at times.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: COP8 and ABC
I might take my front plate off just to test the waters...
It does depend on location, but from what I've heard you'll only get a ticket if they pull you over for other reasons like speeding or saluting a cop. ;)

I’ve been pulled over specifically for just no front plate in York Region several times.

I had not heard of this license plate bracket scratching prior to this ... just walked out to the garage and holy hell it will eventually scratch my bumper. THANK YOU! Immediately removed it. $110 no plate ticket is cheaper than the body shop in the meantime. Does anyone have a step by step solution for me to follow to adhere the plate properly?

I’ve been pulled over specifically for just no front plate in York Region several times.
I was pulled over for no front plate by a motorcycle cop. Gave me a warning in London Ontario. I ended up bending the plate and screening it on. No bracket to scratch my paint. Make the front look terrible though. A C7, not a C8. So yes they will pull you over for no plate.

Certainly lots of good info in regards to installing front license plate without using factory bracket. I do like the tinted cover over the license plate, but the legality could be a problem. Just tightening plate thru screws to flex plate looks fine to me, just requires a black frame around license plate and black screws.

Twenty years with no front plate on my Cobra and now two years on my Z06 with no front plate. The front plate ruins the look of the car. I was pulled over three times, two with Cobra and once with the Vette last year, and although they noticed no front plate they each let me go after I explained the reason for no front plate. As well when pulled over with the Vette it was for rapid acceleration but the nice cop was a car enthusiast and he let me go even without any warnings ha ha..

Just finished retrofit with dealer provided plastic frame. Much better

Attachments

• 2B977890-4D1C-432C-A1EC-B20456958BCA.jpeg
    2B977890-4D1C-432C-A1EC-B20456958BCA.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 68
Just finished retrofit with dealer provided plastic frame. Much better
You must really be paranoid to hide your plate on a C8 Forum unless your worried about the guys who have waited over a year and still nothing thinking a quicker way to Mid Engine ownership.

• Haha
Reactions: ABC and PapaSmurf
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.