Oct 6, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 2LT Z51
Province
ON
Hi Everyone,

I will take delivery of my C8 in the next two weeks and my dealer, Addison said they attach a bracket for the front plate. My sales rep said it does take away from the looks of the car. He said that some people are taking the plates home and doing it themselves. I was wondering how others are attaching their front plate, are they using the space provided in the C8 and bending the plate? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DO NOT let them attach the plate bracket. It can scratch the paint.
With a plastic pry tool you can pry off the cover yourself and there are holes already there to accept the plate. Some bend the plate. Others buy standoffs and longer screws to mount it without bending the plate. And still others don't bother mounting it at all as the ticket is only around 120 bucks (118?) I'm in the latter group.

With a plastic pry tool you can pry off the cover yourself and there are holes already there to accept the plate. Some bend the plate. Others buy standoffs and longer screws to mount it without bending the plate. And still others don't bother mounting it at all as the ticket is only around 120 bucks (118?) I'm in the latter group.
Ok thanks

Thanks
Its a 2LT white Z51 with adrenaline red gt2 seats, lift, engine appearance and carbon flash rims plus adrenaline red calipers...

Very nice! You're going to love it! And I'll wish you an advance welcome to the "C8 Club" being a small (VERY small for 2020) subsidiary of the larger "Corvette Club". :)

Reactions: CTRL_CV
No front plate for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC_0226.jpg
119458456_3345860032163860_7247394630203912423_o.jpg

Good advice Murray! Thats what I did. I also used those Silicone License Plate Frames for both front and back plates that Kanuck suggested in post #33 here... C8 Rear plate holder then added a clear cover from Canadian Tire for the front plate only. The silicone frames have raised bosses at the bolt holes that reduce the amount of bending you need to do if you mount it in the front bumper recess. The front plate and clear cover bent easily, and the the edges of the silicon frame wrap nicely around the clear cover edges for a neat and tidy look.

I did have to drill my own plate holes after removing that front cover though.

I might take my front plate off just to test the waters...
It does depend on location, but from what I've heard you'll only get a ticket if they pull you over for other reasons like speeding or saluting a cop. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.