Dec 21, 2021
Van
VetteCoins
Car
Z06
Province
BC
Hey guys

So, need to do a oil change tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure I can use this for my 19Z06 street driving only.

mobil-1-synthetic-5w30-4-73l-39a23bc8-6401-45a5-90e7-bb021e879ba0-jpgrendition.jpg

The direct answer to your question is yes if the car is not being used on the track. The 2019 owners manual clearly states that 5W-30 is an acceptable alternative to the 0W-40 ESP, now Super Car, and yes, dexos 1 is still available and is the correct choice when using the 5W-30. I've been using it in my GS since the free oil changes ran out.

Not sure why! Dexos 2 is available.

View attachment 116877
You're absolutely right. I know that the dexos 2 spec is available in the 5W-30 viscosity but it has never actually been specified by GM for use in the Gen V LT1. Does it matter? Probably not unless there is a question of using the correct spec oil in the event of a warranty claim. I would think that the dexos 2 would be fine but dexos 1 is the specified oil if using 5W-30.

From the C7 User's Manual Prior to 2019 (before 0W-40 ESP / Super Car Formula) :

" Oil Engine oil meeting the dexos1 specification of the proper SAE viscosity
grade. Mobil 1 dexos1 is recommended. See Engine Oil - 222. "

Reactions: Murray20c8
$32.97 for 4.73 L
I recall reading that there was a difference in the European oil, which this is versus the North American Mobile 1 (0W40)……what ever my previous findings were, it lead me to purchase the more expensive North American Mobile 1…..I’m thinking maybe it’s because the European oil isn’t Dexos certified!

I recall reading that there was a difference in the European oil, which this is versus the North American Mobile 1 (0W40)……what ever my previous findings were, it lead me to purchase the more expensive North American Mobile 1…..I’m thinking maybe it’s because the European oil isn’t Dexos certified!
You are absolutely correct. The product shown from Walmart is the Euro Car formula and is not dexos 2 approved. As such, it is not approved for warranty purposes and GM would certainly deny any failures that may result from the use of this oil. It's formulation is also not friendly to the catalytic converters on our C7's. Please don't use this oil.

that is a decent price. But, after usd conversion and credit card conversions and holding fees. And maybe duties + tax. Not sure if

This might be an option for you if you've decided on using the 0W-40 Supercar formula. Price is in CDN dollars but I don't know what the shipping cost would be to your location. I've had great experiences with Rock Auto in the past.

that is a decent price. Sold out
I just went to the Amazon site (Canadian) and it shows it as available! As well I’ve ordered this a number of times in the past few years and did have issues regrading availability but after rechecking found it available a week or two later. Also with a “Prime” account (Amazon Prime) the shipping is free with only GST added to the original price.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.