This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Oil Filter

Yes, I also agree, the OEM filter is the best, as long as it's the correct OEM GM filter. GM makes lots of filters that fit, but don't have the correct spec. You never know how the off brands might work for sure.

GM doesn't make their filters. If I recall correctly they are made by Wix. So a Wix filter will likely be the same and maybe even cost less. Whoever makes it substitute it's name for Wix.

GM doesn't make their filters. If I recall correctly they are made by Wix. So a Wix filter will likely be the same and maybe even cost less. Whoever makes it substitute it's name for Wix.
Very few OEM companies, if any, produce their own filters. Never the less I prefer to have a company spec filter rather than a "replacement" filter. It may fit but will it do the same job to the OE standards.
There are many ways to get OEM filters without going through the dealership, Same with oil. If you have the correct part number you can usually source automotive parts from a wholesaler or distributor.

If it is identical I don't see the issue, but if you want to pay for the name GM on it, it's your choice. Personally I'd rather use a better filter.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8