I just want to go to the car show Friday nites and when im far from the police I want to put it in 4th and stand on it until im afraid I have a 826 hp 632 tall deck blue print engine from summit

15x7, is my assumption? I would like to know what the wheel is, but I suppose it doesn't really matter. It would be great to know if you actually want to use them for traction or not, but I have to assume by your previous post of "put it in fourth and burn until I'm afraid" means that you just want cheap rubber to burn.

Touchy subject in such a vague question, which is why no one wants to respond. I'd love to see your car do fourth gear burnouts, but I don't want to see you die on the way home in the rain. If all you want to do is burn them, then buy a 50 series tire from CT or Fountain, or wherever sells them the cheapest, in the widest they advise you can run. If your rim is 7" wide, then a 245 is probably about your max, and a 632 should burn those on the primaries at quarter throttle or less. I seriously cringe at the thought of you wanting to do this. An easy $25k in drivetrain to be able to do burnouts is downright silly to me. But I digress, different strokes for different folks.

If you actually want performance and traction, then this conversation is going to go a completely different direction. We are going to need a lot more information if you want to go that way though.

Oh, and we most certainly are going to need to see pictures of this beast before we can offer any more advice. It's the rules. :p

15x7, is my assumption? I would like to know what the wheel is, but I suppose it doesn't really matter. It would be great to know if you actually want to use them for traction or not, but I have to assume by your previous post of "put it in fourth and burn until I'm afraid" means that you just want cheap rubber to burn.

Touchy subject in such a vague question, which is why no one wants to respond. I'd love to see your car do fourth gear burnouts, but I don't want to see you die on the way home in the rain. If all you want to do is burn them, then buy a 50 series tire from CT or Fountain, or wherever sells them the cheapest, in the widest they advise you can run. If your rim is 7" wide, then a 245 is probably about your max, and a 632 should burn those on the primaries at quarter throttle or less. I seriously cringe at the thought of you wanting to do this. An easy $25k in drivetrain to be able to do burnouts is downright silly to me. But I digress, different strokes for different folks.

If you actually want performance and traction, then this conversation is going to go a completely different direction. We are going to need a lot more information if you want to go that way though.

Oh, and we most certainly are going to need to see pictures of this beast before we can offer any more advice. It's the rules. :p

oh im sorry I gave you the wrong idea about my car. I hear tires are speed rated and I want to get ones that wont blow up at maybe 150 mph. it never occurred to me that motor would spin the tires at that speed. I realize that I really bought too much motor now but who knew that was possible. im 72 years old and the last crate motor went in in 1990 . it was a ls6 Chevelle crate motor . got a solid roller cam and big holley and everything the mechanic said . this is my last kick at the can so I went big. I don't want to drive around like a crazy kid ruining good tires except maybe once .I mean you got to know what she will do! I have bought huge half shafts and drive shaft with bigger spicer joints . I bought a Muncie clone from Syracuse transmission. thicker case bigger bearings wider gears forged sycros etc van steel 2inch offset trailing arms 15 x10 rally wheels. the only thing I want is bigger rotors but oh well.

Reactions: Jeremiad
Rick, a strong recommendation to satisfy your need for speed - even if it is 'just once' ;) . Sign up and attend the Ron Fellows Corvette Drivers School at Spring Mountain in Nevada. Two days of instruction and practice - exhilarating is an understatement. But you also obtain a good understanding of how to manage the car.
You and I are almost the same age but at 73 I have a year on you. I was concerned about being the only old fart in a group of kids at the drivers school but it turned out that in a class of 20, only 2 were under 50 years old and several in their seventies. Even if your car is not a C7, call them and ask about participating. It costs a few bucks but worth it. Once your done at Spring Mountain, a visit to Las Vegas is only 50 miles away. :)

i could check him out .he sometimes comes to a track called Mosport 50 miles from me..i know the limits of my 69. I bought a 86 c4 in 87 , right away I knew my 69 handled like a hay wagon in comparison. 30 years ago I built a mid-engine corvair with a 300 hp 327. drove like it was on rails,later took same motor put it into 63 jaguar xke, not so good. I only have pictures of my car on my iPhone ,will try to get some on this computer and send them, its not pretty but I love it.. painted her myself back in the 70 s . 9 coats of green and 4 clear laquer. its cracked so once I sort out the drivetrain I will start block sanding again !

Reactions: Jeremiad
also when I bought the 632 from blueprint engines I bought a holley mp efi system for it ..1000cfm manifold with 66lb injectors ..every night I google to learn about fuel injection or diagnostics well almost every night. I am modifying a set of hooker supercomps for my sidepipes..the exhaust ports are bigger than my header pipes and also tall deck engine want to be where my steering box is. now I need manual rack and pinion steering. two years ago a made a mold of my big block hood and then made a hood from that so I could cut a hole in it because it could not close with the ls6 in it. does it ever end. of hell im retired so I have the time

Ron Fellows bought Mosport some time ago. Check his Corvette racing history on the web - quite the guy. He gives his name to the Spring Mountain Driving Resort for some compensation and he shows up every few weeks for a rah-rah session.

I know 15 inch rims and tires suck but im a rally wheel guy so what tire (approx. 295 50 15 )will be safe on my car. if they made caps and beauty ring s for 18 inch I would do that. also I bought from a company called dragvette inc a kit that keeps camber the same while rear suspension is going up and down. they called it a 6 link . trying to keep from breaking parts.

I also bought a twin disc clutch 26 spline and the rear yoke on my Muncie clone is 32 spline like a turbo 400. fuel line from tank welded in sump kit, AN 12 fuel pre and post filters ,holley double electric pump one half comes on a start and the other the efi turns when set on kill. AN 8 regulated return and bigger tank vent. wow the more I tell you about my car the more money I remember spending. I also had to put new seat foam and covers plus carpet.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.