Hi , I have been told from one, to get Ceramic treatment and some say PPF. I want to know, what most of you did , what it costs and do you know of a good place, in, and around, Montreal? One dude, had PPF done and the guy, did the cutting on the C8!!!!!!! :Banghead: He is being sued for 60,000$. I would like to know, at what position do I get the most sound, out of the original exhaust? Is Z mode a better choice, will I get it louder? I read the (hand break) is pushing the brake pedal to get it to work?! Is the C8, locked up, to a certain number of kms? I read 805 kms, before fully unlocked and 1500kms, before tracking it or drag racing it? I am asking all these Questions because I cannot really use it , as you know and I want to get ahead start, when I take it out in April at the earliest. I had to read the book , so I could put gas in it, first vehicle, that has happened, with .;):D I am glad, I took the extended warranty , lots of electronics/gadgets, on this car. Thanks, in advance, for your answers and do not be shy, to give me pointers, on some things, I did not mention here.

Hi , I have been told from one, to get Ceramic treatment and some say PPF. I want to know, what most of you did , what it costs and do you know of a good place, in, and around, Montreal? One dude, had PPF done and the guy, did the cutting on the C8!!!!!!! :Banghead: He is being sued for 60,000$. I would like to know, at what position do I get the most sound, out of the original exhaust? Is Z mode a better choice, will I get it louder? I read the (hand break) is pushing the brake pedal to get it to work?! Is the C8, locked up, to a certain number of kms? I read 805 kms, before fully unlocked and 1500kms, before tracking it or drag racing it? I am asking all these Questions because I cannot really use it , as you know and I want to get ahead start, when I take it out in April at the earliest. I had to read the book , so I could put gas in it, first vehicle, that has happened, with .;):D I am glad, I took the extended warranty , lots of electronics/gadgets, on this car. Thanks, in advance, for your answers and do not be shy, to give me pointers, on some things, I did not mention here.
PPF comes in ready to fit pieces from most providers. No need to cut.
I got PPF and ceramic.
PPF on the full front end including the mirrors. I also added the rear vent Boomerangs. It has already protected me.
Ceramic is a personal choice. I got it and it amazes me how easy it is to wash the car now. It will NOT damage the paint in any way shape of form.
I had Ceramic done to the whole car including the wheels. One can also do the windows.
You can also apply it yourself. Like Adams has a version. On our Malibu iI used an Armourall car wash product. It has to be applied more often. Canadian Tire has a ton of options for ceramic.

Edit: Here is what I got

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny hop
I didn't get PPF or ceramic and I am happy with my decision.

Your car will be the loudest in track mode. Z mode is customizable so it can be your loudest or quietest mode. I have set up my Z mode as tour mode + loudest exhaust.
I have mine set in mymode with open exhaust and I keep switching up the heads up and dash displays. When using the paddles it's nice to have the rpm bars, but for everyday auto mode I prefer the tach display. The best thing to do is RTFM to answer your specific questions on how things work.
Note: RTFM - Read The Fuk'n Manual

• Haha
I have mine set in mymode with open exhaust and I keep switching up the heads up and dash displays. When using the paddles it's nice to have the rpm bars, but for everyday auto mode I prefer the tach display. The best thing to do is RTFM to answer your specific questions on how things work.
Note: RTFM - Read The Fuk'n Manual
I am reading it but it never hurts, to get a second opinion.

I didn't get PPF or ceramic and I am happy with my decision.

Your car will be the loudest in track mode. Z mode is customizable so it can be your loudest or quietest mode. I have set up my Z mode as tour mode + loudest exhaust.
Then I think I will just ceramic /wax it myself , for now. That is what I have always done and my cars are always very clean / great shape. It is just so many advices from all over the place but not many go the same way. Thanks

Opinions on options yes, but the parking brake is explained in the manual.
I just thought , about the parking brake, it must be a mistake or I misunderstood.

Then I think I will just ceramic /wax it myself , for now. That is what I have always done and my cars are always very clean / great shape.
If you've never had stone chips, then PPF is not for you. We drive our cars and the nose gets pitted from debris on all our cars. PPF is a game changer.

If you've never had stone chips, then PPF is not for you. We drive our cars and the nose gets pitted from debris on all our cars. PPF is a game changer.
I have had a few , in my lifetime but never anything serious. I do not follow anyone close up, I pass them, that is why I buy these kinds of cars. I haven t made up my mind about anything , right now. I think one thing , then another . :oops: Like I said, I am looking for opinions. The video was convincing but.! thanks

Then I think I will just ceramic /wax it myself , for now. That is what I have always done and my cars are always very clean / great shape. It is just so many advices from all over the place but not many go the same way. Thanks
if you get ceramic coating, there is no need for wax

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
AND if you want to apply a coating almost everyone uses ceramic these days. Waxes are yellow and will yellow the paint. There are polishes which do not contain wax, but are likely graphene or ceramic based these days. Adams is by far the most raved about products. It used to be Zaino and some old guys (Thom ;) ) still use it. Again, not a wax, but it is a nice product.

if you get ceramic coating, there is no need for wax
I went shopping for best ceramic coating , done by oneself. It gave me a list of top ten. It seems they are a ceramic wax mixture. I put 2 aside on Amazon , so not to forget which one I want.

I went shopping for best ceramic coating , done by oneself. It gave me a list of top ten. It seems they are a ceramic wax mixture. I put 2 aside on Amazon , so not to forget which one I want.
I think they are using the term generically and they do not actually contain "Wax".
Wax seems to be used to define a product that is applied on the car, but does not necessarily contain wax.
A polish actually affects the paint and many use it to define a type coating also.
Be careful what you read.

I had PPF put on: all the forward looking areas, lowers parts of the doors, behind the rear wheels, gas cap, blades, door scuff area. All of the high use areas have been valuable, no rock saves yet. The guy was amazing, approx. 3500$.
you can buy the pre-cut kits yourself and apply, if you are really good with that type of thing.

AND if you want to apply a coating almost everyone uses ceramic these days. Waxes are yellow and will yellow the paint. There are polishes which do not contain wax, but are likely graphene or ceramic based these days. Adams is by far the most raved about products. It used to be Zaino and some old guys (Thom ;) ) still use it. Again, not a wax, but it is a nice product.
I still use Zaino on my SUV and wife's car. Also used it on my '21 C8. Got PPF and ceramic on the '23 C8.

It depends on whether you care about protecting your paint, if you are willing to invest in protecting it (some could find it pricey), and how long you plan on keeping the car (if you plan to sell or trade it in 1-3 years then maybe not worth it for you).

Since you are in Montreal (Quebec), there is really only 1 known reliable place where people take their vehicles, and most (if not all) dealers send their cars to, PROTEX. They did my VW Atlas, and I plan to use them for the C8. Tons of trucks and cars there, including all the top end exotics.

Now, no wax or ceramic coat will "protect" the paint, but will simply keep it looking shiny longer, and make it easier to wash. Most people will start with the PPF right away. For example, I will have my C8 PPF before even driving it off of the dealer lot, no way it will see an inch of road without it (but that is just me). There are various levels of kits out there, the more surface is covered, the more expensive the kit. To give you an idea, I think I paid around $1200-$1500 to PPF the front of my truck including complete hood, front bumper, mirrors, and top of windshield, plus the 4 door edges. When my wife bought her new model Lexus IS, I convinced her to PPF the entire front and top of windshield too, I think with a tint included the bill was $1500. Keep in mind, there may be way more pieces to install on the C8, and lots of difficult corners, and if you choose to also protect the lower half on each side of the door, can cost a lot more, not sure what that could be because I have not looked into it yet.

Fun fact, I did ask how much it would cost to do a full satin wrap from front to back, was either $7000 or $8000. Might not do that to my upcoming C8 (likely Rapid or Riptide Blue), but would consider it if I eventually get the E-Ray with a darker color (one of the dark greys)

Then after that, you can decide if you want to ceramic coat. I did that too on my truck, but did it at a detailer near my house, paid around $1000, but the company above could easily charge double that. Keep in mind that some charge less but will use products that are less known on the market. It is an amazing feeling to go and wash your car and see the crap just slide right off, or with rain see the water bead on top of the paint. Think of it like a protective shell.

For me, worth every penny to do both, irrelevant of the cost, if you want to keep your paint looking new.

Last edited:
I suggest the PPF be done- as others have said it’s a protective extra layer. Ceramic coating is purely for ease of cleaning. I didn’t do it, but I do use a ceramic spray in the spring and it lasts the driving season. Cost $30 for 3 years worth.
For the engine break in stuff- it’s all in the manual

I did full car Expel Ultimate. Followed by full ceramic including wheels. I also did Clearplex wrap on the windshield and full ceramic coating of the white interior. Finished it off with 35% tint on side windows and 17% on the rear window on my coupe.

I live in Alberta and that should explain all the PPF…..You don't want to know what it cost me….FYI Thanks Renee…

Last edited:
70% on the rear window?
I guess no engine dress up options for you.
PPF is the way to go to protect against road hazards.
Ceramic coating really brings out the shine due, in part, to a paint correction process to improve the gloss finish

Regarding PPF and / or Ceramic?? I was like you and didn't really know what the difference was by the sounds of your question....Once you read and understand the purpose of both, then you can decide what is important and get 1 of them done if you you think it's worth it as the outcome is totally different for both.....Once I tried to educate myself by reading about both, I'm not going with Ceramic as I can apply some sort of wax to my car myself.....I am however interested in Paint protection from stone chips etc, so I'm thinking about doing PPF once my C8 comes in, but probably only on the front bumper / hood and mirrors.....but at the end of the day, it's all about what you want and how much $$ you want to spend...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.