I intend on taking my C8 drag racing. What I want to know , is it ok to do it , right after the engine unlocks at 805 kms or should I wait longer?
I think the book says wait until 2000 kms. Maybe I read that elsewhere than the GM book. I want to make sure GM does not cancel my 7, extended year, warranty , which I bought for 2750$.

I intend on taking my C8 drag racing. What I want to know , is it ok to do it , right after the engine unlocks at 805 kms or should I wait longer?
I think the book says wait until 2000 kms. Maybe I read that elsewhere than the GM book. I want to make sure GM does not cancel my 7, extended year, warranty , which I bought for 2750$.
What they don't know won't hurt you. ;)
You might want to wait until after the first free oil change.

I thought they knew just about everything we do because of all the updates on the C8 computer etc. As for oil change, I will probably do only once a year thing.
That's what I meant. Not this summer. Race next summer.
They only know what OnStar reports. I stopped getting OnStar reports a year ago.

If it were me, and it's not, I'd try to be patient and wait, but it's not me.
I think you're right about the "big brother is watching" ECU logging. I just saw one of those "murder and mayhem" shows on TV, and they couldn't track the perps location by his cellphone pings. They got him by dumping the logs in his pickup truck's computer.

Reactions: Bunny hop
They'd need the car for that and location doesn't prove anything. OnStar for 3 years is being forced on 2023's isn't it? Or is it 2024's?
Wouldn't he have to take the car to them, once in a while, for "warranty maintenance work"? They could scan his ECU then, and I'm pretty sure they don't just hold location data. I think the 2023 has something about OnStar for quite a stretch. I read it but it didn't seem like a big deal.

Wouldn't he have to take the car to them, once in a while, for "warranty maintenance work"? They could scan his ECU then, and I'm pretty sure they don't just hold location data. I think the 2023 has something about OnStar for quite a stretch. I read it but it didn't seem like a big deal.
Ya, but I doubt they'd scan the ecu for no reason. OnStar won't even track your stolen car without a police request, so I doubt they'd scan your car unless requested. And what would they find that could prove you raced it? The car is designed to go full throttle just like any other car.

Wring it out!
Your manual explains how to beat the s**t out of it.
Get it out of your system BEFORE the warranty runs out!
If it falls apart doing zero to 100, or a ¼ mile, your warranty is good.
Don't worry.
I took my Z06 to the dragway the day after I bought, and sent the dealership the video.
True. I guess if there is going to be an issue, it's better to find out now. I was thinking he should wait to make sure his car is a good one before tracking it.

Ya, but I doubt they'd scan the ecu for no reason. OnStar won't even track your stolen car without a police request, so I doubt they'd scan your car unless requested. And what would they find that could prove you raced it? The car is designed to go full throttle just like any other car.
Assume the worst. He takes it to the track and spins a bearing, snaps a rod, or toasts a clutch, or some other drive train item fails "that shouldn't have failed in a brand new car". Since a catastrophic failure will be unpredictable, it's still a gamble, and they'd surely scan for abuse of any sort. Or, he could beat the crap out of it, and hope the dealer will just pony up the warranty repair costs without questioning how it happened. Or, he could beat the crap out of it, and it performs flawlessly. Life's like that sometimes...... box/chocolates :Nono1::Hurray::Biggrin:

I will wait until the 805 kms , for sure, so that it is fully unlocked , for rpms. As for the rest I will go , if it ever stops raining. :Arghh: No way I could wait till my first oil change. I already have the itch but again , rain , rain, rain. As for the warranty, GM did screw me out of 500+$. They said I had modified the C7 because I put drag radials on it, which is the equivalent of the summer tires I have on this one.

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
I will wait until the 805 kms , for sure, so that it is fully unlocked , for rpms. As for the rest I will go , if it ever stops raining. :Arghh: No way I could wait till my first oil change. I already have the itch but again , rain , rain, rain.
Have fun.
Remember always, "$h1t happens, usually when you least expect it".
Been cold/raining here for the last week or two, after that nice little taste of summer. SW Ontario.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.