This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

My C3 died again

I talked to the shop and they told me they found some loose wires and thst was shorting the battery and draining it. they are fixing it on Friday and will keep over the weekend and if it's ok on Monday morning they found the problem. And I will get my car back on Monday. Let's hope that's the problem bc im getting to the point where I got it in January and it's been in the shop longer than I have driven it and it may not be worth it anymore..

Look at it this way, you've made some good progress. The tach not working may be a minor issue. If the vette is an automatic, it will not blow itself up by overrevving. I spent about 2 years fighting an intermittent no start, but I finally won, keep at it, eventually it will get resolved.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
May be something stupid like reversed wiring.
If the battery problem is rectified you will have beaten the major problem.

Well, with the tach discombobulated it sorta proves the mechanics were troubleshooting all/most/many (?) electrical circuits. They, unfortunately, reconnected the tach incorrectly. As a semiretired electrician, instrument mechanic, electrical technician I know it happens sometimes ....
Lets hope this will be the end of your problems.

Reactions: OL Yeller
My 81 used to do this after a couple days. It was the factory security system. I just unplugged the relay in the center consol.
The drivers door key cylinder had a switch in it to turn the system on and off but wasn’t working properly. Not sure if the 78’s have this in the door or on the drivers fender.
Let me know I’d this is the culprit.
Thanks.

Reactions: Dik
Robert, take a step back, couple of deep breaths. Don't give up. Try and find yourself an older electrical guru that doesn't need a computer to diagnose...you will prevail

Reactions: 12cents
unfortunately they charged me 640 dollars for there mistake

Reactions: Dik and OL Yeller