I talked to the shop and they told me they found some loose wires and thst was shorting the battery and draining it. they are fixing it on Friday and will keep over the weekend and if it's ok on Monday morning they found the problem. And I will get my car back on Monday. Let's hope that's the problem bc im getting to the point where I got it in January and it's been in the shop longer than I have driven it and it may not be worth it anymore..

I got my car back today and the battery seems to be ok but as I got in the car to drive off I noticed the tachometer wasn't working and the needle was reversed. omg I think the shop did something. its been a month now and now this..they said it was the dome light that was causing the battery drain.
Look at it this way, you've made some good progress. The tach not working may be a minor issue. If the vette is an automatic, it will not blow itself up by overrevving. I spent about 2 years fighting an intermittent no start, but I finally won, keep at it, eventually it will get resolved.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I got my car back today and the battery seems to be ok but as I got in the car to drive off I noticed the tachometer wasn't working and the needle was reversed. omg I think the shop did something. its been a month now and now this..they said it was the dome light that was causing the battery drain.
May be something stupid like reversed wiring.
If the battery problem is rectified you will have beaten the major problem.

Well, with the tach discombobulated it sorta proves the mechanics were troubleshooting all/most/many (?) electrical circuits. They, unfortunately, reconnected the tach incorrectly. As a semiretired electrician, instrument mechanic, electrical technician I know it happens sometimes ....
Lets hope this will be the end of your problems. :Hurray:

:Cheers2:

Reactions: OL Yeller
Hey guys my 1978 Stingray is dead after a new battery was put in last month. it was good for about a month and now completely dead..Tow truck jumped the battery and it started right up but has no power and battery is dead. Shop said the battery is getting drained somehow and they don't know why. Any suggestions? Thanks guys..
My 81 used to do this after a couple days. It was the factory security system. I just unplugged the relay in the center consol.
The drivers door key cylinder had a switch in it to turn the system on and off but wasn’t working properly. Not sure if the 78’s have this in the door or on the drivers fender.
Let me know I’d this is the culprit.
Thanks.

Reactions: Dik
Well, with the tach discombobulated it sorta proves the mechanics were troubleshooting all/most/many (?) electrical circuits. They, unfortunately, reconnected the tach incorrectly. As a semiretired electrician, instrument mechanic, electrical technician I know it happens sometimes ....
Lets hope this will be the end of your problems. :Hurray:

:Cheers2:
unfortunately they charged me 640 dollars for there mistake

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Dik and OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.