C7Driver

May 7, 2014
London
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7
I see the ongoing debate on the U.S forums about Mobil 1 for oil changes, will the dealer provide the recommended Mobil 1 or only allow the cheaper Dexos be used expecting the customer to cover the difference. Seems the dealers are all over the map in the U.S..

My understanding is that GM has said Mobil 1 is the standard for the C7, regardless of Z51 or base. What is or has been your experience in Canada. I did my own first oil/filter change with fully synthetic at 500 miles , now contemplating going in to the dealer for the spring change.

Owais would you pass along your dealerships policy on the oil to be used , and your understanding, thanks !

This is what was communicated to GM dealers, this provided by a U.S dealer...

To: Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC Dealers

The 2014-2015 Chevrolet Complete Care Program for Corvettes was designed to take into account the preferred Mobil 1 oil choice of many Corvette owners. As a reminder, dealers are required to use Mobil 1 when performing oil changes on ALL 2014-2015 Corvettes through the Chevrolet Complete Care Program. Current reimbursement levels for Corvette are based on Mobil 1 usage. Please remind all personnel that only Mobil 1 should be used. In addition, please refer to GlobalConnect message # G_0000205212 for details on dry sump equipped (Z51, Z52, and Z06) Corvettes.

In the event a customer paid an upcharge for Mobil 1 under the Chevrolet Complete Care Program, customers should be directed to contact Chevrolet Customer Service representatives, [email protected], for assistance on reimbursement.

Last edited:
I go to Gateway where Owais is and they only use Mobil 1 on Corvettes. They actually at their cost add on another 2 years 4 additional oil changes!

Tip notch do far. They have 2 full time fully certified corvette technicians on staff for those who need to know! I know I do.

Had my oil changed about a month ago. Dealer first quoted me the semi-synthetic. I emailed them the notice from GM regarding using the Mobile 1. They apologized and said I was correct. Mobile 1 as per GM's notice. They can check their records as all dealers should have been notified (at least that is my understanding).

Hi C7Driver,

I apologise for not getting back at you sooner.

GM Canada issued a revision to their free 2 yr LOF (Lube Oil Filter) program on March 7th, 2015.

Here is an except concerning the 2015 Corvettes.

Quote:
Owners of 2015 MY Corvette Z51 and Corvette Z06 equipped with dry sump systems are now limited to five (5) service events during the program period. The first service should take place immediately after the break-in period which occurs after 800 KM

2015 MY Corvette (base) are now to use ACDelco Dexos1 5W30 in accordance with the Owner Manual.

END QUOTE

Based on the above it is my understanding that the Base 2015 C7's still get 4 free oil changes in a period of 2 years or 40000KM whichever comes first. The approved free oil under the program for Base C7's is ACDelco Dexos1 5W30.

The 2015 Z51's and Z06's are entitled to a total of 5 free oil changes over a period of 2 years or 40000KM whichever comes first (including the first oil change after breaking @ 800KM). The approved free oil under the program for Z51 and Z06 is Mobil 1.

For C7's purchased and serviced at Gateway we offer an additional 4 Free LOF services. This means a total of:

2015 Base C7's get 8 Free Oil Changes over 80000KM or 4 Yrs -- ACDelco Dexos
2015 Z51 and Z06 C7's get 9 Free Oil Changes over 80000KM or 4 Yrs -- Mobil 1

I hope I have answered your concerns above.

10k - 3rd free Mobil 1 change @ dealer drive thru
6.6L w/filter
Reset Procedure:
Turn ignition ON w/engine off
Press TRIP to display oil life %
Press RESET for 2 seconds - oil life 100% will display

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a non-Z51, and got the first one done @ 800km.

At what mileage is it recommended that I do the 2nd and 3rd oil changes? Every 5k?

Thanks Owais !!

In the U.S they have sent a note to all dealers saying the Mobil 1 is the standard to be used on all C7's, base included. I take it your Cdn dealership did not receive this from GM Canada. Personally I don't think unless you are driving your car really hard that the Dexos or Mobil 1 will make much difference but it would seem there is a discrepancy on what is being said by GM U.S and your policy based on the GM Canada's instructions. As well others here are reporting getting Mobil 1 with their free changes. C7Jake above has a base car and is in Windsor.

This letter to all dealers was posted by a U.S dealer on the U.S Corvette forum, so is there another standard in Canada, apparently so.

To: Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC Dealers

The 2014-2015 Chevrolet Complete Care Program for Corvettes was designed to take into account the preferred Mobil 1 oil choice of many Corvette owners. As a reminder, dealers are required to use Mobil 1 when performing oil changes on ALL 2014-2015 Corvettes through the Chevrolet Complete Care Program. Current reimbursement levels for Corvette are based on Mobil 1 usage. Please remind all personnel that only Mobil 1 should be used. In addition, please refer to GlobalConnect message # G_0000205212 for details on dry sump equipped (Z51, Z52, and Z06) Corvettes.

In the event a customer paid an upcharge for Mobil 1 under the Chevrolet Complete Care Program, customers should be directed to contact Chevrolet Customer Service representatives, [email protected], for assistance on reimbursement.

Perhaps if you looked this up in your Global Connect system Owais it might tell you if it applies in Canada...

GM Global Connect: Ref. number: Service / Service Operations / G_0000208346

The notification is there under the number above. Published 1/13/15.

Last edited:
I have a non-Z51, and got the first one done @ 800km.

At what mileage is it recommended that I do the 2nd and 3rd oil changes? Every 5k?

You have 4 free changes, really depends on your driving. If you use it as a daily driver or just leisure. I would try to take advantage of the free changes, did you get the 800km one done last fall? I intend to do one in the spring , one in the fall before I store it for the winter. Once the free ones are done probably once each spring. I only put about 5-6k km's on it each driving season though. If I had it as a daily driver or put a lot of mileage on it after the free ones I would just follow the computer, it will tell you when it's time. I do that with my GMC Acadia which is my daily driver.

@C7Driver: The US LOF Program is slightly different from the Canadian LOF program.

The Canadian LOF program is as I described above.

FYI In the US the LOF program also covers tire rotations and fluid top ups. In Canada it does not.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.