Just did the 500 mile oil change on my 2015 Z51, and asked for Mobil 1, they didn't seem to blink, but it was at a dealership in Vancouver that others on the forum have stated they had issues with regarding Mobil 1.

The invoice just lists 10 L of oil (with a code - no mention of type) would anyone know if that code can determine what type of oil they used?
My last service states 10 units of part 10953468 Oil

But if you look here it shows that part as being Mobil 1

I went back to re-look at my bill , in the header it states specifically Mobil 1 but I did find that same code, 10953468, in the Parts Number description in the body
of the bill under oil. Sorry didn't notice that before.

I see the ongoing debate on the U.S forums about Mobil 1 for oil changes, will the dealer provide the recommended Mobil 1 or only allow the cheaper Dexos be used expecting the customer to cover the difference. Seems the dealers are all over the map in the U.S..

My understanding is that GM has said Mobil 1 is the standard for the C7, regardless of Z51 or base. What is or has been your experience in Canada. I did my own first oil/filter change with fully synthetic at 500 miles , now contemplating going in to the dealer for the spring change.

Owais would you pass along your dealerships policy on the oil to be used , and your understanding, thanks !

This is what was communicated to GM dealers, this provided by a U.S dealer...

To: Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC Dealers

The 2014-2015 Chevrolet Complete Care Program for Corvettes was designed to take into account the preferred Mobil 1 oil choice of many Corvette owners. As a reminder, dealers are required to use Mobil 1 when performing oil changes on ALL 2014-2015 Corvettes through the Chevrolet Complete Care Program. Current reimbursement levels for Corvette are based on Mobil 1 usage. Please remind all personnel that only Mobil 1 should be used. In addition, please refer to GlobalConnect message # G_0000205212 for details on dry sump equipped (Z51, Z52, and Z06) Corvettes.

In the event a customer paid an upcharge for Mobil 1 under the Chevrolet Complete Care Program, customers should be directed to contact Chevrolet Customer Service representatives, [email protected], for assistance on reimbursement.

I looked at the the TSB. and what you quote is for USA models only, not sure how that works, there is no difference. I am going back to dealership to talk to service manager on this mine is not a dry sump system. Most info I see states GM came to a deal with Mobil one and this gave way to the change.
As a note it says on filler cap Dexon 5w30.
Owners manual states Mobil one recommended by GM for dry sump engines.
Dexon 1 for non dry sump engines. Or cars being used on track.
If you have a new 17, non dry sump what does it state now?

Here is he link for the TSB.
2014 - 2018 Corvette: Service Bulletin: [HASHTAG]#PIP5290E[/HASHTAG]: Oil Change information For 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet Corvette (US Only)

Either way it's your ride do what you feel is right, ensure the oil bottle states Dexon 1 approved.

I just had my 800 break-in oil change... I took it to Leggat Chevrolet in Burlington Ontario. My 2017 has Mobil 1 on the oil cap, as well as it came with a sticker for me to install (why the factory don't do it is beyond me, they install all the other stickers). I asked if they used Mobil 1 on Vettes and he said they do, and it was on my receipt stating Mobil 1. I didn't not get any "remainder" from a bottle though. leggatchevrolet.ca

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.