Jun 12, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2021 conv
Province
ON
Hi all. Looking for a little advice here please. I own a 2021 non z51 car. No intention of tracking it .strictly for cruising and trips. I have had the 2 free oil changes done already as I have Passed 10,000 km and I always change oil before I winter store . My question is about the transmission flush and filter change, I think I should do this now before another season of driving yet my dealership says it is not necessary yet. Reading online about some of the transmission problems owners have had I think this is a good preventative measure. What do you think? also is this covered by gm? Thanks

Reactions: WHITELIGHTNING59
Hi all. Looking for a little advice here please. I own a 2021 non z51 car. No intention of tracking it .strictly for cruising and trips. I have had the 2 free oil changes done already as I have Passed 10,000 km and I always change oil before I winter store . My question is about the transmission flush and filter change, I think I should do this now before another season of driving yet my dealership says it is not necessary yet. Reading online about some of the transmission problems owners have had I think this is a good preventative measure. What do you think? also is this covered by gm? Thanks
I could be wrong but I think it started in 2022 so no it is not covered. You can do it any time, but the closer to 12k(?) the better simply to keep in the recommended window for the next change. Remember GM is a lot safer about their recommendations than you are.

Reactions: Maximus74
If a trans is going to fail this early in its life, it won't be because the lubricant didn't do its job. Will it do any harm to change the oil, absolutely not. It will prolong the life of any hard working part.

Generally speaking, I stick to the manufacturers intervals for PM.

Reactions: Dik
I sent Chevrolet Canada a few questions regarding the DCT filter change and the reply was it is free for the 2022 but not 2020/21 in Canada. I really pressed that considering free in US and now free in Canada for 2022 but they held firm. The first DCT filter change is recommended at 12,000 km so I will stick with that and I expect it to be costly.

I sent Chevrolet Canada a few questions regarding the DCT filter change and the reply was it is free for the 2022 but not 2020/21 in Canada. I really pressed that considering free in US and now free in Canada for 2022 but they held firm. The first DCT filter change is recommended at 12,000 km so I will stick with that and I expect it to be costly.
Don't forget the filter replacement procedure as been updated with a fluid cleaning procedure...

image_40258.jpg

image_40259.jpg

Don't forget the filter replacement procedure as been updated with a fluid cleaning procedure...
Thanks, I spoke with the service tech who did my oil change and he was aware of the DCT filter change procedure. I hate to embarrass the tech by giving them the printout but what I do is to leave a copy on the passenger seat to tell them I know. Subtle? Maybe not !!! I also left a print out of the lift points for hoisting and I noticed when I got the car back, the printout had been examined.

Thanks, I spoke with the service tech who did my oil change and he was aware of the DCT filter change procedure. I hate to embarrass the tech by giving them the printout but what I do is to leave a copy on the passenger seat to tell them I know. Subtle? Maybe not !!! I also left a print out of the lift points for hoisting and I noticed when I got the car back, the printout had been examined.
When I took my car in they were still very new. I mentioned the jack points and when they said they had done this before, I showed them the pic of the C8 that had fallen off the hoist and said. "So have they!" lol

Reactions: gone
As a former transmission repair facility owner if you are not experiencing any transmission issues, I would recommend you leave well enough alone. GM will not cover the cost of a transmission service unless there is a warrantable problem. Follow your owner's manual instructions and your local dealer's advice. Cheers

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.