Shall we have a July 14, 2018 national CCF meet in Winnipeg?

• I'm from the USA and coming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from the USA and not coming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
120kms. At Ron Fellows racing school I found out that at 170 I was only in 4th gear. What should we do with the other gears? lol :ohoh:

Give or take Dennis, anything under 240 kph or so you are correct.You don't need any more gears.... But.... If you didn't have more gears, your Corvette would burn way more gas and would have cost you 20% more for the US gas guzzler taxes the government would have levied on the manufacturer..... This PDR shot doesn't show 240 but it gives the general idea.... Oh... And to conform with general common sense and forum etiquette, this is not a real PDR print and that's not my Bell 905 radar detector reflection in the windshield..and just in case no one believes me, this was also not on a public road.... There...I think I'm covered....:rolleyes:

trippin.jpg

Give or take Dennis, anything under 240 kph or so you are correct.You don't need any more gears.... But.... If you didn't have more gears, your Corvette would burn way more gas and would have cost you 20% more for the US gas guzzler taxes the government would have levied on the manufacturer..... This PDR shot doesn't show 240 but it gives the general idea.... Oh... And to conform with general common sense and forum etiquette, this is not a real PDR print and that's not my Bell 905 radar detector reflection in the windshield..and just in case no one believes me, this was also not on a public road.... There...I think I'm covered....:rolleyes:

View attachment 13792
There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that was only a computer generated screen on a private closed circuit with permission on a special equipped car for demonstration purpose's only.:Reddevil:

Just to join the little deviation and show I have no problem with you guys cutting loose on the thread I will join you with this.
I got this off the internet......somewhere ;)

View attachment 13796

275 .........

Who ever this guy is ;) raises you by 47

Fold or deal another card!

200mph.jpg

Last edited:
275 .........

Who ever this guy is ;) raises you by 47

Fold or deal another card!
View attachment 13797

Lol I can’t even read that. Car must have been shaking and shimmying or the driver was struggling trying to use the POV/PDR
The one “I found on the internet” shows the car in 5th gear. Still 2 to go. Notice the throttle position...

Try harder. :Biggrin:

Lol I can’t even read that. Car must have been shaking and shimmying or the driver was struggling trying to use the POV/PDR
The one “I found on the internet” shows the car in 5th gear. Still 2 to go. Notice the throttle position...

Try harder. :Biggrin:

C6 ZR1's didn't have PDR thingy..... I guess this guy ;) had to smartphone himself at 200 mph :)

B

Reactions: ddgermann
C6 ZR1's didn't have PDR thingy..... I guess this guy ;) had to smartphone himself at 200 mph :)

B

I have to agree with Derek on this one Brian... Are we even sure that's mph? My American C6 with the Imperial/US choice for the readouts only registered up to 220 in kph.... Is yours not the same.... regardless.... here's one that has it covered

092715_66.jpg

So put together some distances and times for everyone.
upload_2018-1-12_12-29-1.png

All very similar in both km or hours. We gather form our different areas and "hook up" in Regina or Moose Jaw. The caravan will grow as we travel!!

Attachments

• Edmonton to Regina.JPG
    Edmonton to Regina.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 6
  • reddeer to regina 7h56m.JPG
    reddeer to regina 7h56m.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 6
  • calgary to regina.JPG
    calgary to regina.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 6
That route from Red Deer works too Paul. I had used Hwy 12 across and then down Hwy 41 to Oyen at Monitor...Only because I know Hwy 12 and wasn't sure what shape Hwy 9 from Morrin to Oyen was like..... Good idea though with the spreadsheet... Nice and clear.... :thumbs:

So put together some distances and times for everyone.
View attachment 13830
All very similar in both km or hours. We gather form our different areas and "hook up" in Regina or Moose Jaw. The caravan will grow as we travel!!
Awesome information... and very much appreciate it being posted like that :thumbs:

To those who may :Wideyed: or o_O at 6 1/2 hrs Calgary-to-Moose Jaw ... no worry ...
I know its obvious but worth saying that there will a minimum Medicine Hat AB and/or Swift Current SK stop that will be planned for "freshening up"
and maybe like in my case a pilot/navigator switch for the :(:) = :):( "enjoyment equation"

Thanks Eric, Spence. Just wanted to give everyone a clear idea of the distances and times. there are a few options form Edmonton and Red Deer for sure, the Calgary run is a no-brainer for sure. I agree Spence there will be stops as I know I could make a non-stop run for 6 hours plus but we don't and shouldn't. Plus the navigation control would be punching my right arm! right Eric!

Thanks Eric, Spence. Just wanted to give everyone a clear idea of the distances and times. there are a few options form Edmonton and Red Deer for sure, the Calgary run is a no-brainer for sure. I agree Spence there will be stops as I know I could make a non-stop run for 6 hours plus but we don't and shouldn't. Plus the navigation control would be punching my right arm! right Eric!
Hmmmmm 6 hours......
You obviously don't drink coffee Paul.... which surprises me.... an engineer who doesn't drink coffee is as rare as an engineer who can spell.....lol..either that or you have a drain in the floor
for travel drainage on the fly...lol

Users who are viewing this thread