Shall we have a July 14, 2018 national CCF meet in Winnipeg?

• I'm from the USA and coming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from the USA and not coming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
look I am still bedridden (not in a good way thanks to pneaumonia not sex) so please be kind to my words not thinking properly today

I would like to try red deer as a starting point, never been that far before,

next would be hiway 16 as I like that route and do not care for hiway 1 as I have done that a bunch of times butif that was the decision then we could stay at my aunts and meet up towards medicine hat the next day

also think Calgary would be ok at spence has outlined and it would be nice to wave at mikey as I leave (we have waved to guys before in pictures inside joke just saying we are here and you are not, as a joke and proud to be on the road and not stuck at home nothing else intended )

I was hoping to be part of a smaller group for a couple of reasons (most of which I will keep private at this time as they are part of a post that might be made about crusing in general and do not wish to reveal my inner brain from what others have told me about crusing)

one thing though it might be fun to meet oth3er groups on the way rather than just get 20 of us and away we go, altogether

sometimes small groups 3 to 6 are better than one big group from Calgary of 20 or so

sorry to be going down yet another path so in sum red deer or Edmonton then gladly calgary (WISH WE COULD DO THEM ALL)

later back to bed as hospital still has 6 hour wait times Jeff
Jeff: Get well soon. We need you in the loop!
Take care and stay strong.

Where to meet?????? Don't matter to me. North, Central, South. Eventually we will all head east. I'm willing to start in Calgary, Red Deer or Edmonton. We have too many choices.

OR.......................

Possibly the Northern group could go east and pick up the Saskatoon group and head to .............................Moose Jaw
Possibly the Red Deer group could go east on an adventure and head to ..........................................................Moose Jaw
Possibly the Calgary group could go east on a different adventure and head to.................................................Moose Jaw
This is where we meet in the Middle before we meet in the Middle
That night as we gather to dine, we will share our stories and adventures of our trips so far. Then rest in a peaceful slumber.
Next day we will be one big happy group as we cruise together and ................................................................."Meet in the Middle"

That's what I call .................................................................Meeting in the Middle

any idea what the starting time would be on departure day? I don't mind driving to Edmonton or Calgary but I don't really want to leave red deer at 4:00 am and I prefer not to spend the night before in Calgary or Edmonton..
A smaller group departing from red deer to Sask would work for me then hook up and wagon train it to the middle the next day.

So that's middle-west as opposed to a middle-middle meeting, heading to meet in the middle. Now srarting from west-north, west-middle or west-south we ARE going to wind up meeting somewhere of west-middle. Methinks we all have waaay to much time on our hands to dicuss these very fine and needed details. Lol we are good from where ever as long as we are with the good people of CCF.
Thank you. I feel so much beer for getting that off my chest. And yes I will sport a corvette modified cowboy hat!

No of us would be having these conversations if it wasn't so cold and we could drive our Corvettess
The best part is when its time to travel, it will all fall into place without an issue. This is due to the great group of guys and gals that are excited to travel/cruise/socialize/chat and "Enjoy the Journey"
I know that many of us check this forum many times a day to see what's been posted next, by whom and see who will comment or just chime in.
Its always fun to read a new entry, laugh at the comments or next post and in the end it puts a smiles on our faces'
Does it get any better when we can "Laugh out Loud"
I truly believe that this is what it's all about.

Just to add more complexity, if we all meet in MJ for the big cruise out east. I wonder if it would be a good thing to split into different speed enjoyment groups. Not advocating speeding but we are all adults with our own decisions. But, we can have one group, where people enjoy setting the cruise right on the speed limit. Another group that is the 10-15 over crowd, and lastly, the 120+ crowd that likes to live dangerously. That way no one is bored having to hang back with everyone else, and no one feels pressured to driving faster than they like, causing the trip to be more stressful then fun.
Just some thoughts to throw a wrench in your day! :D

Reactions: marty
any idea what the starting time would be on departure day? I don't mind driving to Edmonton or Calgary but I don't really want to leave red deer at 4:00 am and I prefer not to spend the night before in Calgary or Edmonton..
A smaller group departing from red deer to Sask would work for me then hook up and wagon train it to the middle the next day.

A & W opens at 6:30. Car wash opens at 7:00 am.

Reactions: Rick9456
Time to leaving Calgary shall be reasonable ... no different than when we come from Calgary for the Red Deer Starts of 2017.
Wake up time is one's preference but a "blast-off" from Calgary would be determined by the route - hence why I might appear to be big headed to having this discussion.
Calgary has no problem getting to Red Deer at 8am for a 9am start - we (I) have been doing this successfully during the past year.
The role however reverses for a Calgary (or maybe a Strathmore) start when originating from Red Deer and North ...
But no sense defining it - unless we know if the route from Calgary to Red Deer merely heads back south again to Moose Jaw / Regina (which may appear to be the case).
Have not heard anything more on whether Hwy 16 has an accommodation option part way to Winnipeg from Saskatoon ... that would offer a Red Deer Start ...
and then BC/Calgary and Edmonton start just might embrace the idea of Hwy 16 and adjust to work with an awesome start from Red Deer to the East.

Last edited:
Honestly, for myself, I'm really not concerned with the "Run Hards" in this group. If this were a Mustang forum, then I would be a little more concerned as, with all due respect to Mustang owners, typically they are a little younger, have more interest in showing off/having fun, and get caught up in who's car is the fastest. Not to say we are a boring group, but we understand "time and place" a little better, and they feel they have to prove their cars are fast, where we just know ours are fast.. :D

Routes:

I spoke with a friend who takes highway 16 from Saskatoon to Churchbridge quite often. Highway 16 was flooded by quill lake and ~3-4 km of it is in rough condition. Also, from Saskatoon to the last mine ( I am guessing it is Lanigan, 125km away) is busy and in not good condition from all the traffic. This road hosts a lot of semi's and the route around to the north of Yorkton is absolute garbage that he wouldn't even take his truck on. Other than that, the highway is in decent condition. So, Long story short, for the extra 40km in travel to take the Number 1, I would suggest this route to reduce the stress of getting chips/cracks in the paint/windshield from semi's. Plus it's a pretty boring drive from what he said. Nothing really great to see.
I'm also sure as the days get closer, we should be able to snag some Regina boys for the trip, so it would be nice to meet up with them.

OK good knowing - it's a no to Hwy 16 east of Saskatoon - so Calgary is heading East on hwy 1 - done ...
now that it's determined I can be off to work with a room rate for those who stop here as this town won't have blocks of rooms during Stampede if I procrastinate

Last edited:
Honestly, for myself, I'm really not concerned with the "Run Hards" in this group. If this were a Mustang forum, then I would be a little more concerned as, with all due respect to Mustang owners, typically they are a little younger, have more interest in showing off/having fun, and get caught up in who's car is the fastest. Not to say we are a boring group, but we understand "time and place" a little better, and they feel they have to prove their cars are fast, where we just know ours are fast.. :D

Routes:

I spoke with a friend who takes highway 16 from Saskatoon to Churchbridge quite often. Highway 16 was flooded by quill lake and ~3-4 km of it is in rough condition. Also, from Saskatoon to the last mine ( I am guessing it is Lanigan, 125km away) is busy and in not good condition from all the traffic. This road hosts a lot of semi's and the route around to the north of Yorkton is absolute garbage that he wouldn't even take his truck on. Other than that, the highway is in decent condition. So, Long story short, for the extra 40km in travel to take the Number 1, I would suggest this route to reduce the stress of getting chips/cracks in the paint/windshield from semi's. Plus it's a pretty boring drive from what he said. Nothing really great to see.
I'm also sure as the days get closer, we should be able to snag some Regina boys for the trip, so it would be nice to meet up with them.
I would take hiway 16 to regina and not churchbridge so it is not over,

Jeff

I would take hiway 16 to regina and not churchbridge so it is not over,

Jeff
Hi Jeff, I was speaking for the Calgary Start only in regard to Hwy 16 as I will not suggest that our friends from BC (or myself) to drive North and then East and Back South when we can just drive East .... Nurse! Jeff needs another shot of that special stuff .... (get well bud)

I'm gonna try and get my Calgary MITM Accommodation Info posted before that teaser exposes the 2018 Mountain Run stuff ...
Just returned from getting my price negotiated and just need the booking name & number confirmed ...

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
As of this moment, but obviously this early anything is subject to change especially if Trump bombs Alberta for our oil; Brenda and I will be leaving east from Red Deer the morning of July 12. As it gets closer to the day, we will fine tuning the times and route but tentatively Red Deer to Stettler, to Morrin, to Oyen, to Kenaston, to Moose Jaw(or Regina) looks good. The driving time (at 110 kph) to Moose Jaw is 7 hours (no stops) so pee breaks and lunch breaks add to that.

Anyone interested is more than welcome to join us but I will warn you; unscheduled stops for pictures, leg stretches or for an ice cream may not be uncommon. Yeah Yeah... I eat ice cream in my Corvette.... carefully....
ice-cream.gif

If anyone still intends to leave from Edmonton, the portion of Hwy 16 Riley has condemned is all southeast of Saskatoon to Winnipeg, so the run to Saskatoon on Hwy 16 and then 11 south to Moose jaw or Regina should still be an option if anyone cares. We will be entering Hwy 11 at Kenaston which is 45 minutes south of Saskatoon on Hwy 11 and 1.5 hours north of Moose Jaw (or just under 2 hours NW of Regina),so throw me a tow rope if you go by that way....
:Hurray:

I like it Eric, that's the route I was looking at. We'd like to join you and Brenda.
If you'll have us.
Pee breaks, lunch, picture ops all good with us.

Sorry Rick...We're taking the Corvette and only have seating room for two.... o_O... Oh.... Never mind... I see what you mean.... lol... Of course you're welcome to join us. :thumbs: The more the merrier... And excuse my warped sense of humour... ;)

Just to add more complexity, if we all meet in MJ for the big cruise out east. I wonder if it would be a good thing to split into different speed enjoyment groups. Not advocating speeding but we are all adults with our own decisions. But, we can have one group, where people enjoy setting the cruise right on the speed limit. Another group that is the 10-15 over crowd, and lastly, the 120+ crowd that likes to live dangerously. That way no one is bored having to hang back with everyone else, and no one feels pressured to driving faster than they like, causing the trip to be more stressful then fun.
Just some thoughts to throw a wrench in your day! :D
120kms. At Ron Fellows racing school I found out that at 170 I was only in 4th gear. What should we do with the other gears? lol :ohoh:

Sorry Rick...We're taking the Corvette and only have seating room for two.... o_O... Oh.... Never mind... I see what you mean.... lol... Of course you're welcome to join us. :thumbs: The more the merrier... And excuse my warped sense of humour... ;)
Warped sense of humor, isn't that a prerequisite for this forum????
Works for me very well.:Hurray::Cheers2:

Users who are viewing this thread