Apr 8, 2018
Sask
VetteCoins
Car
2008 corvette z06
Hey guys. Looking to see who all uses a leaf blower to dry your car, and what brand and models you want with? Going to be getting one soon as I hate running anything over my paint!
Thanks.

Hey guys. Looking to see who all uses a leaf blower to dry your car, and what brand and models you want with? Going to be getting one soon as I hate running anything over my paint!
Thanks.

Mitch, I haven't really thought of it before but why wouldn't a smaller leaf blower (like a 2 speed yardman) work just fine (smaller and easier to handle than a Blk & D). I would make sure it's well cleaned, or maybe dedicated only to drying your car might be best. As long as it's not throwing dirt out there with the air, it should work fine. JMO though....

Thanks.

Mitch I agree with Jeffy.
A leaf blower is not even in the same league. The master blaster is the way to go. I just got one last month and it’s fantastic. The air is filtered unlike a leaf blower so you won’t be throwing more dirt on your wet paint.
The air can be concentrated to a small area and also is much higher velocity than a leaf blower. Really great around mirrors and fuel cap, windshield wipers, taillights etc. And especially good on the annoying gap on the rear window that fills with water on the C7 coupe. Plus you have 2 motors and can choose either or both. The air is warmed as well. The hose gets quite warm in your hand.

Really it does a remarkable job and with a black car that has to be washed almost daily when uncovered, has saved me all of the wiping to dry and streak removal off a freshly washed car.
It’s pricy but very well built in the US and worth every penny.

Reactions: Jeffer2013
Mitch I agree with Jeffy.
A leaf blower is not even in the same league. The master blaster is the way to go. I just got one last month and it’s fantastic. The air is filtered unlike a leaf blower so you won’t be throwing more dirt on your wet paint.
The air can be concentrated to a small area and also is much higher velocity than a leaf blower. Really great around mirrors and fuel cap, windshield wipers, taillights etc. And especially good on the annoying gap on the rear window that fills with water on the C7 coupe. Plus you have 2 motors and can choose either or both. The air is warmed as well. The hose gets quite warm in your hand.

Really it does a remarkable job and with a black car that has to be washed almost daily when uncovered, has saved me all of the wiping to dry and streak removal off a freshly washed car.
It’s pricy but very well built in the US and worth every penny.

hmmmmm.... And thus I stand corrected...or rebutted... or whatever.... Yes.... If it's throwing dirt, that would definitely be a concern....

Reactions: ddgermann
hmmmmm.... And thus I stand corrected...or rebutted... or whatever.... Yes.... If it's throwing dirt, that would definitely be a concern....

Certainly not corrected or rebutted Eric. I too looked longingly at my leaf blower the last couple years but knew it would be blowing stuff all over the car.
The master blaster has a very focused discharge and doesn’t blow anything off the ground when doing the sides or lower parts of the car.
My only regret is not buying it sooner.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I have a Master Blaster as well, very effective at drying the car off without having to actually touch the paint. That said a lot of people do use the leaf blower and are happy with the results.

I bought mine off eBay, just kept watching the pricing, it seemed to go in a cycle. Expensive but to me a good deal.

I got mine off Amazon. It really was weird with the pricing, it would be a silly high and then start dropping to bargain basement price. Included shipping to my buddy in Michigan, we picked it up on a visit.

Not sure if they have those companies in Washington state that you can ship products to and then pickup from there. There is a number of them in upper New York state and everyone seems happy with the service. Often companies will ship free in the lower US so take advantage of it if you cannot buy locally.

I got mine off Amazon. It really was weird with the pricing, it would be a silly high and then start dropping to bargain basement price. Included shipping to my buddy in Michigan, we picked it up on a visit.

Not sure if they have those companies in Washington state that you can ship products to and then pickup from there. There is a number of them in upper New York state and everyone seems happy with the service. Often companies will ship free in the lower US so take advantage of it if you cannot buy locally.
Thanks for the info: crazy expensive - looks like $500 + with taxes. I can certainly afford; but, the bigger question is - do I really need one - my car hardly has any surface to dry and I use micro fiber towels now - takes `15 min - dry wheels as well. Only wash my car 2x a year - so, probably not worth the spend - not nearly as anal about my car as I was when I was a young buck - LOL.

Hmmmmm.... I have a near new leaf blower I bought at a garage sale for $ 5.00.... Maybe I'll look for a garage sale CAI.... Surely with enough gorilla tape I can fabricate a filtered air 200 mph car and lawn monster....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies guys! I seen the master blaster on amazon for about 450.. not sure if I would like to spend quite that one. Blower yet. As the car is ceramic coated also, it shouldn't take as much at all to bead off any blower that's small and does over 180mph should do the job eh

• Haha
Reactions: Vegas1500
Thanks for the replies guys! I seen the master blaster on amazon for about 450.. not sure if I would like to spend quite that one. Blower yet. As the car is ceramic coated also, it shouldn't take as much at all to bead off any blower that's small and does over 180mph should do the job eh

Yes Mitch the master blaster is pricey. Mine was US $350 from west coast corvette. (PM me before you order anything there) My car is not ceramic coated so not sure how much of a difference it would make though. But being black it takes a lot of work and time wiping it dry due to every little streak and spot showing up. Other colours possibly would be more forgiving so maybe a clean leaf blower is all a guy needs. Likely the nozzle can be modded to give you a concentration of faster air too.
Also spent $100 bucks on a foam gun... very cool piece of kit. Only have to buy this once as its really sturdy with multiple suction orifices to match the viscosity of your favourite wash soap. Thick rich foam. Works 10 times as good as anything I bought at CT. Recommend this Adams gun to everyone.

The other stuff is just filler for the order so I could get really nailed on shipping. :Ack2:
1529793397856.png

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Derek, I have always wondered how those foam guns work. You are happy with yours? Will it work with any car wash or just Adam's products? I have used their metal polish and was very pleased with it. There master dealer for Canada is in Winnipeg. Maybe hit him up for some MITM goodies.

Hard to you read your invoice but the second last item is that an 8 track player?:Biggrin:

maxresdefault.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.