I’m not going to engage other than to say that you will not convince one single forum member of your argument. Not sure how long you plan on pushing this…..
Fair enough. I don’t know what industry or business you are in but I guess there are some rules about gathering and posting confidential information to the general public without permission to do so. . No matter what the information is. I hope the integrity of the security policies put in place are better than what is being ignored here.

You know it seems that most people would have moved on from a discussion like this. You insinuate that we have lax policies here and ignore "issues". When the accusations come from someone who for many posts in the original exchange openly lied and deceived the participants in that thread as to who you are and your location in Canada. Yet you are concerned about a document that you have no idea where it originated but seem to believe the OP had the information perhaps illegally.

I mentioned to you yesterday that you were on shaky ground with our rules of respect for each other on this forum. For that reason I am putting you in a "Time Out", it is not that you are not allowed to post it is just your posts will be reviewed prior to them being visible on this forum. Fair enough? It is to me.

Must be one of Capital Chevrolet " Important buyers" by the way he parks!

thumbnail_IMG_3878.jpg

@Clavet71

I do not access anything from GM internally that requires a password, encryption or being a GM employee. As a matter of fact I'm a very loyal GM customer who has two GM preferred codes per year, bought 3 C8s, 8 Suburbans and referred countless fellow employees friends and family to the dealership and others I communicate with. All of whom are more than happy to share information with me being very transparent.

Trust me...the only thing that I'm doing that has a questionable moral issue is posting said dealerships. But I feel it's harmless because we glean:

A - who's receiving allocations
B - where they seem to be going
And,
C - when they appear in the VIN cycle which should collaborate when allocations are issued

This information helps us consumers make choices as to where to order, what our chances are, and whether dealers are in fact communicating allocations as they come. Like another user said...it's pretty lucrative holding a 200 person deep list at $5k per...

Props bro, Clavet71. I've been pushing the envelope for 3 years and haven't earned that status. Well, probably until now. Might be time to cash out your 235 VetteCoins...
Actually Jack you've been on a 'time out' since October 22, 2019. We just haven't ever told you. :rofl:

@Clavet71

I do not access anything from GM internally that requires a password, encryption or being a GM employee. As a matter of fact I'm a very loyal GM customer who has two GM preferred codes per year, bought 3 C8s, 8 Suburbans and referred countless fellow employees friends and family to the dealership and others I communicate with. All of whom are more than happy to share information with me being very transparent.

Trust me...the only thing that I'm doing that has a questionable moral issue is posting said dealerships. But I feel it's harmless because we glean:

And,
C - when they appear in the VIN cycle which should collaborate when allocations are issued

This information helps us consumers make choices as to where to order, what our chances are, and whether dealers are in fact communicating allocations as they come. Like another user said...it's pretty lucrative holding a 200 person deep list at $5k per...
You know it seems that most people would have moved on from a discussion like this. You insinuate that we have lax policies here and ignore "issues". When the accusations come from someone who for many posts in the original exchange openly lied and deceived the participants in that thread as to who you are and your location in Canada. Yet you are concerned about a document that you have no idea where it originated but seem to believe the OP had the information perhaps illegally.

I mentioned to you yesterday that you were on shaky ground with our rules of respect for each other on this forum. For that reason I am putting you in a "Time Out", it is not that you are not allowed to post it is just your posts will be reviewed prior to them being visible on this forum. Fair enough? It is to me.
@Clavet71

And,

Thanks for the thoughtful post. I know at our store we need to manually mark and remove all of our sold orders as soon as they appear online. This is to try to prevent the insinuation of false advertising or bait and switch tactics. We still get a bunch of inquiries in the few hours they are showing. People must have wish lists with notifications. If you wouldn’t mind, would it be possible to let me know where we have missed? Thanks.

Last edited:
For all the ribbing Jack gets, I must be honest in that he certainly adds humour (occasionally questionable lol), to the forum. Once in a while there's useful information as well. ;)

Hmmmmm.... It must be early in the day for me to be tossing sideways compliments around.... :butt:

Can we move this to a Featured Content Post 'cause I don't think the rest of the membership would believe this lol...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.