Thanks. The only time our vehicles, Corvettes included show up online to the general public is until we manually mark them off as sold since the inventory tool pulls in the invoices automatically after the vehicle is built and posts the vehicle to the website which is tied to General Motors as well. This is why our other 6 Corvettes on their way are not showing online. Thought you might want to know.

So how do you get the train to not drop off its rail car in Chicago while the final collection of rail cars with all the other vehicles from other factories is assembled for the trip to their final destination(s)? Is it trucked directly?
Unless it's an Escalade or Tahoe coming out of Arlington, or a pickup truck coming out of Fort Wayne we don't have to deal with Chicago. It's 4 hours in the wrong direction. Recent turn around time from the Chicago rail yard to bring those vehicles is about one day. Corvettes come to us in 9 hours direct.

Last edited:
Reactions: DenisC8
I agree it would be much easier to explain, but it doesn’t work that way with the Z06 or other vehicles that have been known about years in advance.

We get people who contact us lets say a year and a half before orders would eventually be taken. We add another ten or more in the next year. When would any dealer principle or a “good friend” of the company need to put their name down for a vehicle? I think you know that the answer is any time they want. This bumps everybody else after that. So this can happen at any time and always has probably dating back to the Model T.

What I am telling people, now that we have started a C9 Z06 list about a month and a half ago is that they will probably be bumped a few times for this very reason.

Can't imagine putting a deposit down with a dealership 5 years or more early for a C9 Z06 on a list that is meaningless, this is why I hope all manufactures go to direct sales since quite a few stealerships have been so unscrupulous during the pandemic. Wait till the EV only sales start and they don't have line ups at the door to put down deposits.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Can't imagine putting a deposit down with a dealership 5 years or more early for a C9 Z06 on a list that is meaningless, this is why I hope all manufactures go to direct sales since quite a few stealerships have been so unscrupulous during the pandemic. Wait till the EV only sales start and they don't have line ups at the door to put down deposits.
No one said the list is meaningless. It is just flawed

No one said the list is meaningless. It is just flawed
It's an unspoken nudge nudge, wink wink list. Hey money talks. I guess that is why I was 83 on the list, but got an allocation a couple of weeks into production! Cuz I'm such a likable guy! :D

Cam, Jack and Sparro are all my friends and I can attest they're all s**t disturbers lol

Gilles cancel the BS about our group to make you look cool in front of your C7 friends. You know our Mission Statement was about unconditional love, nurturing and mutual respect...

Where do you get the idea that I live in Calgary?
So I just got caught up on this thread and am a bit confused. From what I can gather, you claim to be from somewhere that is not Alberta, but actually do live and work in Calgary, you state in a post that your dealership does not get many Corvettes and is in essence a small volume Corvette dealer, yet you then claim to be the top Corvette salesman in Canada. See my confusion? If you obfuscate the truth yet vociferously defend confidentiality of GM and its dealers….. well, you can see how it be further interpreted as obfuscation by GM and its dealers.
If I were to misrepresented myself and that translated into bad press for my employer, well, you can guess the rest.
Anyway, it was an entertaining read for sure.

Yes very confusing thread? This sounds like a bitter salesman who has promised or informed a customer they are on the top of the list for a car which they are not delivering. I suspect the promised customer has been following this forum and has noted cars being delivered to this dealership when they are on the top of the list and they are calling asking this so called back yard salesman what the deal is? Case in point with a Alberta dealership.....a form member has placed a deposit with this dealer and advised they are #3 on the list for a Z06. This dealer already received a white HTC in January and have a 2nd car being a Z07. His salesman keeps jerking him around by stating the first car is for the dealer principal and the 2nd car was someone high up with GM. I'm sure they next car will be for someone else and on and on. The list doesn't mean s**t at this dealership. Thus his salesman doesn't want to explain why he's not receiving a car when the form shows his dealership has 2 cars already.
Only my thoughts........

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
My vote is to shut this thread down and start fresh. The “confusion” has been cleared up and there’s too much negative energy here. Especially after watching the Edmonton Oilers pull one out of the hat tonight! (lol) Go Oilers! Mods?
Done! Go Kings! (Soup bailed out Skinner)

I do apologize for hiding my identity. Part of it was because I am quite well known. The problems I had with the issue of posting confidential information would ruffle quite a few feathers. Probably why most people here don't use their real names here either.

The thing about allocations is that dealers earn them. For somebody to blindly post what dealers have ordered may seem harmless, but it is not published at least in Canada by General Motors unless the respective dealer allows it to happen. This can be interpreted as a dealer wanting to hide something. However, what are they hiding if the information was never meant to be shown to the public in the first place? Who decided that a dealer, who has a multi-million dollar organization to operate and many people to make sure are properly taken care of, has no say in the matter? Imagine if somebody decided to post the names of the people who purchased the vehicles too? Is that a step too far? Who is policing what is fair game? In my opinion it is anything that is purposely hidden behind a corporate username and password and the permission to access it. How many Z06's a dealer gets is between the dealer and the people who are purchasing them. That goes for any vehicle they sell. Being a Corvette enthusiast shouldn't somehow change this.

The actual thing about allocations is that dealers "sell" them to customers and give them "a place" in line. (a contract verbal or written)
If they want to "give" them to friends, relatives or big volume purchasers they should maintain a spot or spots on
their allocation list for such possibilities and be upfront with all who "buy" their position.
It seems so simple to me!!
My dealer told me I was #4 with the first 2 for the owner and a cousin, the 3rd a customer. I knew where I stood, and there was no deposit.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
I do apologize for hiding my identity. Part of it was because I am quite well known. The problems I had with the issue of posting confidential information would ruffle quite a few feathers. Probably why most people here don't use their real names here either.

The thing about allocations is that dealers earn them. For somebody to blindly post what dealers have ordered may seem harmless, but it is not published at least in Canada by General Motors unless the respective dealer allows it to happen. This can be interpreted as a dealer wanting to hide something. However, what are they hiding if the information was never meant to be shown to the public in the first place? Who decided that a dealer, who has a multi-million dollar organization to operate and many people to make sure are properly taken care of, has no say in the matter? Imagine if somebody decided to post the names of the people who purchased the vehicles too? Is that a step too far? Who is policing what is fair game? In my opinion it is anything that is purposely hidden behind a corporate username and password and the permission to access it. How many Z06's a dealer gets is between the dealer and the people who are purchasing them. That goes for any vehicle they sell. Being a Corvette enthusiast shouldn't somehow change this.
I’m not going to engage other than to say that you will not convince one single forum member of your argument. Not sure how long you plan on pushing this…..

The actual thing about allocations is that dealers "sell" them to customers and give them "a place" in line. (a contract verbal or written)
If they want to "give" them to friends, relatives or big volume purchasers they should maintain a spot or spots on
their allocation list for such possibilities and be upfront with all who "buy" their position.
It seems so simple to me!!
My dealer told me I was #4 with the first 2 for the owner and a cousin, the 3rd a customer. I knew where I stood, and there was no deposit.
Sounds like you found a great store to get your car from. Now can keep them honest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.