I think it goes without saying that some if not all of the information that is being presented on allocations and deliveries is being gleaned from General Motors internal reporting system. I am wondering if the poster cares that GM has strict confidentiality guidelines. Honestly, it is nobody's business on how many Z06 orders have been submitted, built, shipped and delivered unless the information is publicly published by General Motors or the dealers themselves. Secondly, many dealers have removed their Corvette orders from being able to be seen on the "Locator" used by other dealers. They have their reasons for it and somehow somebody has decided on their own accord that they don't need to respect those decisions. It is quite disappointing that CamsC8 and others believe it is in the public interest to post confidential corporate information. Notwithstanding the legal ramifications of violating corporate policies of gathering confidential information and posting it publicly, there is also a moral issue of simply believing it is proper to do so.

So the question is, does anybody who has spent many millions to own and operate their own dealerships and General Motors have a right to keep confidential information confidential? I believe so. These posts though seemingly harmless are not that at all. Please stop posting this information unless somebody can prove that it comes from sources that allow them to do so with the complete approval of not only General Motors but the dealerships themselves. Until then all of these posters need to stop.

@Clavet71

Or is it that the dealers don't want their customers knowing what's being delivered as we know all dealers are good guys.

Here's something to stew on...

www.C8tracker.com

I'm not affiliated with this website but you are merely barking up the wrong tree respectively.

If GM didn't want anyone publishing anything then they would restrict the site folks are using and refrain from posting inventory on www.chevrolet.ca or www Chevrolet.com

But then why wouldn't dealers want to be transparent...LoL.

Edit...the site folks are using is published on other Corvette forums and does not state any limitations, passwords, or legal jargon to warn users of any prohibition of information.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
What I have posted is information gleaned from that website above. You are implying that I am taking data from GM internally or have nefarious reasons to post the information which is simply not true.

I much like other Corvette enthusiasts are the ones who purchase cars, trucks and SUVs from *possibly* your dealership and GM which in turn help support you. We love tracking these cars, knowing what's popular, what's happening with allocations (e.g. Z07, 70ths, etc) yet here you are somewhat offended that the information is here.

If you are so transparent then what do you care? It's not like the first Z06 at your dealership was kept for yourself or other staff correct? Did a customer get mad?

Thank you for your concern and I'll be waiting for the GM Cease and Desist.

Reactions: Gilles27 and Sparro
What I have posted is information gleaned from that website above. You are implying that I am taking data from GM internally or have nefarious reasons to post the information which is simply not true.

I much like other Corvette enthusiasts are the ones who purchase cars, trucks and SUVs from *possibly* your dealership and GM which in turn help support you. We love tracking these cars, knowing what's popular, what's happening with allocations (e.g. Z07, 70ths, etc) yet here you are somewhat offended that the information is here.

If you are so transparent then what do you care? It's not like the first Z06 at your dealership was kept for yourself or other staff correct? Did a customer get mad?

Thank you for your concern and I'll be waiting for the GM Cease and Desist.
On the website you refer, the dealers are all American unless I am missing something.

On the website you refer, the dealers are all American unless I am missing something.
I'm at my kids water polo tournament with my C8. I'll continue watching them.

Go review the mid engine C8 forum and the main Corvette forums. The information is widely available.

Enjoy your weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: Gilles27
Correct me if I am wrong, but Clavet71 is seemingly insinuating CamsC8 is somewhat of a thief, publishing confidential information to the masses.
So much for CCF being a Forum without the drama.
Love it.

We don't even have this much drama on our chat group lol...

Here's what happened. A customer found out through CamsC8 tracking that his dealership screwed him out of his allocation by either taking it for themselves or giving it to a "higher bidder" and now he's butt hurt that his customer found out the truth and that his dealer has taken his money and lied to him and now that said dealer has to deal with a "rightly so" pissed off customer. Boohoo......

Well, it's not my 'fight', but my Lawyers would have a field day with the accusations alone, proven or otherwise.

Yes, I too would be 'put off' if my spot in the cue was circumvented.
If there is truth to it, the 'buddy system', or basic greed tactics, are highly deceitful to the consumer, and should carry hefty consequences.

That said, where's my car, and why is it taking so long?
Just kidding - I've got a long time to wait, but I would like to believe those 'listed' ahead of me are at least 'legit'.

We don't even have this much drama on our chat group lol...

But there are some similarities...

A couple of Big Beef Albertian Elk Bucks are prancing around like they know it all and are fighting for Herd Supremacy and the love of the lone Cow. Little do they know that the Cow doesn't give a scat...

They may or may not be some BS comments or opinions that can or cannot be substantiated...

The "Butt Hurt" Factor...

Water Polo...

A lot of unpaid work of passion work goes into maintaining these Forums by members such as @CamsC8 and thousands of others. We are GMs ambassadors and customers. We are their biggest fans and loudest critics.

When a fresh member comes into a thread containing information publicly available and shouts foul we tend to frown upon this with some degree of skepticism.

Any further derogatory insinuations and otherwise debasing off topic feedback against the OP in this thread will be moderated.

Reactions: 12cents
I'm at my kids water polo tournament with my C8. I'll continue watching them.

Go review the mid engine C8 forum and the main Corvette forums. The information is widely available.

Enjoy your weekend.
When inaccurate information is presented in these forums there are consequences. I do indeed work at a dealer in Canada but not where it has been mentioned. That is the problem. These forums allow people to put stuff out there and somebody who is not part of the conversation has to deal with the repercussions. I came across this post when checking out what is happening on the forums and being a recent post, was right near the top. I was curious about what is showing online. I was shocked to see information my manager said he wouldn't normally be able to see. Being adults, I would hope people would police themselves and act accordingly. Unfortunately that is not the case. Where do I get the right to act on General Motors behalf? Well I do know this. We are required to go through a yearly course that logging into Global Connect is privileged. That the information contained within can be used to cause damage to General Motors and its affiliates. I have the right to remind others of this. All I focused on was that no information marked confidential which is pretty much anything in Global Connect can be posted online without General Motors permission.

Why focus on Z06 allocations and deliveries? It is because I know for a fact that the information is definitely not from public sources. At our store, we don't sell too many Corvettes and won't get a Z06 allocation to sell for this year anyway. Salespeople have Corvette customers who come armed with all this information about when they should get a car and how a dealer should divvy up the allocations. As much as it would be very democratic to have systems in place that would guarantee when somebody would get the Z06 or any hard to get vehicle, it doesn't work that way. Customer survey results, hitting sales targets, delivering vehicles within certain time frames and more all play a part of when, what and how many vehicles a dealer can order. These individual businesses need to navigate this to get the product they need for their customers. I just want to caution people here that the forums are at times far too one-sided.

Yes owners and important people within dealer groups many times get the first of hard to get vehicles. This has happened for the past three decades I have been in the business, no matter the brand I have been at. They are the ones who have spent the millions of dollars and countless hours working to make their businesses a success. Why would it surprise anybody that these same people aren't Franciscan Monks and want to enjoy some of the best products their brands have to offer? Do people on waiting lists get bumped? Yes. All the time. Again, nothing new. If you want to get to the head of the line every time, buy and own your own dealership. I can guarantee that you will not have a problem.

Reactions: Dik
Totally understand dealership principals receiving the first of special edition cars like the Z06 as my dealership has done this...am I bothered? Nope...fully expected it.

Why myself and others extract this information is to glean clarity on what's going on with allocations, what's offered to Canada, where the cars are going etc.

From this "unofficial" information we have seen that rural or low volume dealership's have received allocations. So as a potential purchaser I may want to put a deposit at one of those dealers.

Canada receives more Z07 equipped allocations as a percentage of allocations over the US! That's awesome for us...

There's only a single 1LZ so far built for the Canadian market. That's useful information because if you are on one of the many lists out there and hell bent on getting a 1LZ you may say to your dealer "I'll wait for the next allocation". Well you might be waiting a very long time. Wouldn't you want to know that it's heavily constrained so without knowing any better you could be putting yourself at a disadvantage.

I could go on and on and do you honestly think GM Canada or even the dealership level would have this information? Hell no. GM Canada can't even get those souvenir models out to us owners...I'm still owed one!

Additionally, GM used to have Corvette Concierge and scrapped that which has meant zero transparency since the C8 came out.

I understand your concerns but your car, truck and SUV owners are equally frustrated that we often know more than the dealers and GM Canada.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.