Wrong side of the country. I don't live in Alberta.
Clavet71;
"Yes owners and important people within dealer groups many times get the first of hard to get vehicles."
"Do people on waiting lists get bumped? Yes. All the time."
"If you want to get to the head of the line every time, buy and own your own dealership. I can guarantee that you will not have a problem."

Nice.
Who is an "important" person in your eyes?
The Dealer? Fine. Get him on the list as #1, so I at least know where I stand.
How about the Manager of the bank that the Dealer works with? I guess you will just 'slide him in', right?
How about the Brother-in-Law of the Manager of the bank that the Dealer works with? Get him in there too, right?
How about the third cousin of the Brother-in-Law of the Manager of the bank that the Dealer works with? He's important too, right?
Last, but definitely not least, how about the pizza delivery guy that just won the lottery and is offering an extra $50,000.00 'consideration'. Get him in as #2, right?

Here you are all 'up in arms' about a group of guys on a Forum trying to get a handle on when they can expect their cars, and this is your attitude?
Clearly, while you feel on one hand it is ok to change the rules as we move along, it's also very much a one way street, in your favour.
You really wonder why the members try to find out what is happening, through any channels available to them?

Is the information 'public', or 'confidential'? I really don't know, or care, but if it is such a sacred 'secret', somebody is doing a pretty lousy job of keeping it that way.
I simply view it as an 'unverified rumor', and give it all the same credence as everything else obtained on-line.

With your concern of "damage to General Motors", rest assured, in my opinion, you've done your fair share here today.
You have, in my opinion, not only insulted the great majority of its Corvette customers, but also parlayed to them a truly sleezy side of your moral code of conduct.
If I owned the Dealership you lurk around in, there would be a spare cubicle on Monday morning.
I suppose as an added bonus, I would at least be 'entitled' to a car then, without having a problem, eh?

Important people at a dealership are those that can get managers fired for not putting in an order for them. There is nothing that I have written here today that should surprise anybody who is part of any corporate organization with internal data not meant for the public. Imagine an employee of yours posting confidential data that can directly affect your business online. Because this is the Corvette forum it does not make it right. Shame on all of you. I thought there would be a few people who would say, yes this is not forum material, it is unpublished information and we should not consider it our right to see it. However, that unfortunately is not the case. And whoever in Alberta you want to place as me, I am sorry they got caught up in this. If you want to try to destroy an innocent person's career, that is the one thing I regret by posting.

At some point most people would realize that perhaps they should change tact. Since apparently that is something you are not capable of doing so I would suggest seeing if you could get first in line for one of these. Keep digging deeper but take this as a warning stop insulting this forum and the good folks who participate on it.

900x0_s3-42761-MNSW-CAT-336-EXCAVATOR-1.jpg

• Happy
Reactions: Rruuff Day and Nik
Important people at a dealership are those that can get managers fired for not putting in an order for them. There is nothing that I have written here today that should surprise anybody who is part of any corporate organization with internal data not meant for the public. Imagine an employee of yours posting confidential data that can directly affect your business online. Because this is the Corvette forum it does not make it right. Shame on all of you. I thought there would be a few people who would say, yes this is not forum material, it is unpublished information and we should not consider it our right to see it. However, that unfortunately is not the case. And whoever in Alberta you want to place as me, I am sorry they got caught up in this. If you want to try to destroy an innocent person's career, that is the one thing I regret by posting.
Craig. Did you not see my previous post showing your previous post from Jan. 2022.

craig2-png.108176

None of the admin or staff here has any intentions of trying to ruin your career and I would encourage our members to take the high road with this as well. But quit the BS about who you are and where you are and let this go. We have 5600 members that are not pleased so take some advice and don't bury yourself any deeper.

I REALLY hope I find Z06 allocations fulfilled by Capital Chev. A few of us on this forum have a feeling one of my informative posts stirred up some complaints at potentially this dealership or one affiliated with said Craig.

Thanks for the support here guys...we all know this takes time and I'm happy to provide the info.

We don't even have this much drama on our chat group lol...
Cam, Jack and Sparro are all my friends and I can attest they're all s**t disturbers lol

Imagine the guy who put down anywhere between $1000 to $5000 years ago to be first on a dealers Z06 list, I'm sure at the time the dealer happily took his money as an important buyer not knowing how rare these cars would be .

Fast forward to present seems there's more important buyers at the VIP club

I can tell you that my small dealership ( approx. 6 C8's sold per year ) hasn't received a Z06 allocation yet and likes knowing CAMC8 allocation chart

Last edited:
Reactions: CamsC8
Yes, I am who you say. I am also a person who has done his best to balance honesty, fairness and transparency as much as I can provide in my profession. I am told I am one of the top Corvette salespeople in the country. My concern is still the same. Posting confidential information is not a game. Capital Chevrolet has maintained selling at MSRP since day one. We have done this so that our customers get fair treatment compared to far too many other stores.

What isn’t fair is that we would still be considered a terrible dealer when we order a Z06 for somebody that never would need to be on a waiting list if you know what I mean. This practice isn’t new and happens not just for the Z06 but for many desirable vehicles. Most dealer owners and other company officials are car nuts too. You can say it sucks but they have spent the millions and the countless hours to be successful. (You own the restaurant, you get the first bite.)

I would get fired for posting allocation information. I would probably also lose my license for doing so. So I am quite disgusted to see this information posted with no care for the consequences.

When we get another Z06 allocation I honestly don’t know who is getting the vehicle. I have no say in the matter. Those that know me, know that I will show them what I can. And they also know, I provide the best information I can.

Providing allocation information, when that information should not be known to anybody but GM and the dealers themselves for the purpose of operating their business can create opinions that may paint all dealers with the same brush.

The people on our waiting list are very important. I wish that we could get more vehicles to order. But I have no say in the matter. So I ask that people not use the allocation information to go after your salesperson on why they haven’t been able to order their car yet. The salesperson can only do so much. Nothing from knowing the allocation information will speed up the process for anybody waiting to put their order. But it sure is creating animosity and tempers are flaring which is completely unnecessary. I can guarantee you that I am very replaceable and don’t need any outside assistance.

• Sad
Reactions: Murray20c8
Craig, seriously, "Shame on all of you." For someone who has been in the business for 3 decades you sound massively out of touch.
As soon as a car gets released for shipping the information becomes public domain. GM Canada puts it up on their website!
All you have to do is click on the "View Specifications" button and all the information that our Forum mentions, is there for everyone to see including the dealer's stock number! How does reporting facts make us "the forums are at times far too one-sided."
This forum is actually here to help people and report the truth not hide the truth. In order to make a point here, this week a friend of mine who is also a salesman at a big Chevrolet dealer here in Ontario had his Z06 built on Wednesday. I made a few calls and let him know within a few minutes of when his car came off the line. We made a couple more calls and had the car moved through quality and bayed in one day. Next call will get it expedited and shipped here in a day. I may only have an MBA in business but I have a Ph.D. in Corvette and if you try and take us on your going to lose huge!

Craig, seriously, "Shame on all of you." For someone who has been in the business for 3 decades you sound massively out of touch.
As soon as a car gets released for shipping the information becomes public domain. GM Canada puts it up on their website!
All you have to do is click on the "View Specifications" button and all the information that our Forum mentions, is there for everyone to see including the dealer's stock number! How does reporting facts make us "the forums are at times far too one-sided."
This forum is actually here to help people and report the truth not hide the truth. In order to make a point here, this week a friend of mine who is also a salesman at a big Chevrolet dealer here in Ontario had his Z06 built on Wednesday. I made a few calls and let him know within a few minutes of when his car came off the line. We made a couple more calls and had the car moved through quality and bayed in one day. Next call will get it expedited and shipped here in a day. I may only have an MBA in business but I have a Ph.D. in Corvette and if you try and take us on your going to lose huge!

Yes, I am who you say. I am also a person who has done his best to balance honesty, fairness and transparency as much as I can provide in my profession. I am told I am one of the top Corvette salespeople in the country. My concern is still the same. Posting confidential information is not a game. Capital Chevrolet has maintained selling at MSRP since day one. We have done this so that our customers get fair treatment compared to far too many other stores.

What isn’t fair is that we would still be considered a terrible dealer when we order a Z06 for somebody that never would need to be on a waiting list if you know what I mean. This practice isn’t new and happens not just for the Z06 but for many desirable vehicles. Most dealer owners and other company officials are car nuts too. You can say it sucks but they have spent the millions and the countless hours to be successful. (You own the restaurant, you get the first bite.)

I would get fired for posting allocation information. I would probably also lose my license for doing so. So I am quite disgusted to see this information posted with no care for the consequences.

When we get another Z06 allocation I honestly don’t know who is getting the vehicle. I have no say in the matter. Those that know me, know that I will show them what I can. And they also know, I provide the best information I can.

Providing allocation information, when that information should not be known to anybody but GM and the dealers themselves for the purpose of operating their business can create opinions that may paint all dealers with the same brush.

The people on our waiting list are very important. I wish that we could get more vehicles to order. But I have no say in the matter. So I ask that people not use the allocation information to go after your salesperson on why they haven’t been able to order their car yet. The salesperson can only do so much. Nothing from knowing the allocation information will speed up the process for anybody waiting to put their order. But it sure is creating animosity and tempers are flaring which is completely unnecessary. I can guarantee you that I am very replaceable and don’t need any outside assistance.
Thanks for owning up Craig. Both yourself and Capital have a pretty decent rep when it comes to dealerships here in Alberta. The information that concerns you may be coming from a dealer somewhere but by the time it reaches here, it is has been removed from any link to a dealership many times, and as stated is very accessible. Most also realize that a salespersons power within a dealership is limited at best, but that being said, most buyers are just looking for that return call and the most honest answers you can provide. Unfortunately frustration is often taken out further down the food chain than it should but that is a result of peoples only contact source being the sales personnel.

Have a good evening.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Thanks. The only time our vehicles, Corvettes included show up online to the general public is until we manually mark them off as sold since the inventory tool pulls in the invoices automatically after the vehicle is built and posts the vehicle to the website which is tied to General Motors as well. This is why our other 6 Corvettes on their way are not showing online. Thought you might want to know.

So how do you get the train to not drop off its rail car in Chicago while the final collection of rail cars with all the other vehicles from other factories is assembled for the trip to their final destination(s)? Is it trucked directly?

All a dealer has to say it the first allocation is the dealers car. Or even the second or maybe even third allocation is for the dealers own use where he can assign it to whoever he wants. What's not cool is when you're number one or two or even three and your dealer blindsides you by taking those allocations for themselves. Be transparent from the beginning. Cause if you tell me I'm number one and then you get the allocation and assign it elsewhere... well.... I'm gonna be pissed and you'll hear about it. Kind of simple, no?

All a dealer has to say it the first allocation is the dealers car. Or even the second or maybe even third allocation is for the dealers own use where he can assign it to whoever he wants. What's not cool is when you're number one or two or even three and your dealer blindsides you by taking those allocations for themselves. Be transparent from the beginning. Cause if you tell me I'm number one and then you get the allocation and assign it elsewhere... well.... I'm gonna be pissed and you'll hear about it. Kind of simple, no?
I agree it would be much easier to explain, but it doesn’t work that way with the Z06 or other vehicles that have been known about years in advance.

We get people who contact us lets say a year and a half before orders would eventually be taken. We add another ten or more in the next year. When would any dealer principle or a “good friend” of the company need to put their name down for a vehicle? I think you know that the answer is any time they want. This bumps everybody else after that. So this can happen at any time and always has probably dating back to the Model T.

What I am telling people, now that we have started a C9 Z06 list about a month and a half ago is that they will probably be bumped a few times for this very reason.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.