Funny story though...what a small world. Clavet and I have a mutual acquaintance in Calgary...lol
Wrong side of the country.
Totally understand dealership principals receiving the first of special edition cars like the Z06 as my dealership has done this...am I bothered? Nope...fully expected it.

Why myself and others extract this information is to glean clarity on what's going on with allocations, what's offered to Canada, where the cars are going etc.

From this "unofficial" information we have seen that rural or low volume dealership's have received allocations. So as a potential purchaser I may want to put a deposit at one of those dealers.

Canada receives more Z07 equipped allocations as a percentage of allocations over the US! That's awesome for us...

There's only a single 1LZ so far built for the Canadian market. That's useful information because if you are on one of the many lists out there and hell bent on getting a 1LZ you may say to your dealer "I'll wait for the next allocation". Well you might be waiting a very long time. Wouldn't you want to know that it's heavily constrained so without knowing any better you could be putting yourself at a disadvantage.

I could go on and on and do you honestly think GM Canada or even the dealership level would have this information? Hell no. GM Canada can't even get those souvenir models out to us owners...I'm still owed one!

Additionally, GM used to have Corvette Concierge and scrapped that which has meant zero transparency since the C8 came out.

I understand your concerns but your car, truck and SUV owners are equally frustrated that we often know more than the dealers and GM Canada.
Ultimately my original concern remains. If information comes from sources that are not confidential or from people who are not using such sources, there is no problem with that, such as the website you linked to. Otherwise there is a major issue that must be resolved. Whether you think it is helpful or not doesn't matter. The Z06 issues are just going to make the argument even stronger as to why GM Canada doesn't publish this stuff themselves for all to see. You can't even use the consumer locator on the build and price section for the Z06. You simply don't have the right to post the information. You will need to find another source, otherwise you have to simply accept that you are not authorized to divulge the information. I know I would lose my job if I was found out to be posting such information. Other dealers would contact my store and that would be my last day. I could even lose my license if the dealer decided to press it further. Good luck to you.

GM and Dealerships should learn lessons from the likes of Amazon, wayfair. Heck even my dentist! All are forthcoming with all information I request. I know where my shipment is and where it comes from and when I can expect it! Someone should grow up and listen to their customers!

GM and Dealerships should learn lessons from the likes of Amazon, wayfair. Heck even my dentist! All are forthcoming with all information I request. I know where my shipment is and where it comes from and when I can expect it! Someone should grow up and listen to their customers!
It would save me a bunch of grief for sure. Until GM can ship vehicles by airplane instead of trains where stuff can sit in Chicago or Kansas City for several weeks it will be difficult to come up with more accurate information than what we get now.

Ultimately my original concern remains. If information comes from sources that are not confidential or from people who are not using such sources, there is no problem with that, such as the website you linked to. Otherwise there is a major issue that must be resolved. Whether you think it is helpful or not doesn't matter. The Z06 issues are just going to make the argument even stronger as to why GM Canada doesn't publish this stuff themselves for all to see. You can't even use the consumer locator on the build and price section for the Z06. You simply don't have the right to post the information. You will need to find another source, otherwise you have to simply accept that you are not authorized to divulge the information. I know I would lose my job if I was found out to be posting such information. Other dealers would contact my store and that would be my last day. I could even lose my license if the dealer decided to press it further. Good luck to you.
One of your Calgary customers is my best friend. Small world.

Half of my information has come from dealers themselves or the Chevrolet.ca website where Z06 cars, their specs and dealership are all public information.

For you to continue to chime in on the legality of said information leads me to believe that in fact dealers don't want to be transparent, don't want to provide customer service and don't want to assist their customers?

Just compare the transparency between the information US dealers give out, the Museum gives out, and various publications to that of Canada.

GM Canada and it's dealer network need to be better...

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
One of your Calgary customers is my best friend. Small world.

Half of my information has come from dealers themselves or the Chevrolet.ca website where Z06 cars, their specs and dealership are all public information.

For you to continue to chime in on the legality of said information leads me to believe that in fact dealers don't want to be transparent, don't want to provide customer service and don't want to assist their customers?

Just compare the transparency between the information US dealers give out, the Museum gives out, and various publications to that of Canada.

GM Canada and it's dealer network need to be better...
Where do you get the idea that I live in Calgary?

Are you saying that the OP somehow illegally obtained this information or do you agree that someone or some organization posted it on line?

If you indeed have no association with the dealership mentioned are they aware that you are, probably illegally, using their electronic communications?

Suspect that it must be a slow sales day. Clearly a Sales Manager would wonder why you are starting a "Bun Fight" on an Internet forum that honestly has no impact on you? Make the manager happy and sell a pickup or two today.

Where do you get the idea that I live in Calgary?

Craig. We know exactly what side of the country and what dealership you sell for? You forget a year ago you posted an advertisement for your services and your dealership publicly here on this forum. Here. I'll remind you.

craig2.png

If that's not enough I can post a screenshot with your smiling face from Capitals current website as well. Nice try though.

Rule of thumb. Never put anything in writing you think may drag you through the mud later in life......

Clavet71;
"Yes owners and important people within dealer groups many times get the first of hard to get vehicles."
"Do people on waiting lists get bumped? Yes. All the time."
"If you want to get to the head of the line every time, buy and own your own dealership. I can guarantee that you will not have a problem."

Nice.
Who is an "important" person in your eyes?
The Dealer? Fine. Get him on the list as #1, so I at least know where I stand.
How about the Manager of the bank that the Dealer works with? I guess you will just 'slide him in', right?
How about the Brother-in-Law of the Manager of the bank that the Dealer works with? Get him in there too, right?
How about the third cousin of the Brother-in-Law of the Manager of the bank that the Dealer works with? He's important too, right?
Last, but definitely not least, how about the pizza delivery guy that just won the lottery and is offering an extra $50,000.00 'consideration'. Get him in as #2, right?

Here you are all 'up in arms' about a group of guys on a Forum trying to get a handle on when they can expect their cars, and this is your attitude?
Clearly, while you feel on one hand it is ok to change the rules as we move along, it's also very much a one way street, in your favour.
You really wonder why the members try to find out what is happening, through any channels available to them?

Is the information 'public', or 'confidential'? I really don't know, or care, but if it is such a sacred 'secret', somebody is doing a pretty lousy job of keeping it that way.
I simply view it as an 'unverified rumor', and give it all the same credence as everything else obtained on-line.

With your concern of "damage to General Motors", rest assured, in my opinion, you've done your fair share here today.
You have, in my opinion, not only insulted the great majority of its Corvette customers, but also parlayed to them a truly sleezy side of your moral code of conduct.
If I owned the Dealership you lurk around in, there would be a spare cubicle on Monday morning.
I suppose as an added bonus, I would at least be 'entitled' to a car then, without having a problem, eh?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.