AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Hello all and I am from Niagara, Ontario, and just put my deposit down this morning on my place in line for a 15 Vette Z series.... TONS OF QUESTIONS so when the day comes to list specifics I know exactly the build.

My 'handle' here is the plate I just ordered for the Vette.

To start though, it is definitely going to be Daytona Orange with the single blck decal on the upper hood. Depending on pricing, I may go anywhere from the straight LT1 package to the fully loaded Z51 with the LT3/4 kit....as well as the exterior upgrades...

Some questions though...

1. Idea on pricing or posting dates to build?
2. I saw one set of rims that were black with a red ring when looking at some of the mock ups.... Is this standard?
3. The rear break air vents... Is this body style part of the Z51 packaging?
4. Regardless of whether you seek an upgrade, are all the roof options a removable roof? So if you go with the straight painted roof, is it still removable?
5. Will they have a 'performance look' package that is much cheaper as they did with the 14 Vettes?

I guess thats a start for now! This is the look I am hoping to achieve.

2015-chevrolet-corvette-color-palette-to-feature-daytona-sunrise-orange-metallic-81025-7.jpg

Last edited:
Hi AllFlash!

Welcome to the forum!

First off the Daytona Orange is a late availability choice so likely sometime next Spring. (Actually I found out today that the Shark Grey Metallic is also a late availability which means at present in the absence of the Cyber Grey Metallic in 2014 there is currently no "Grey" color available in the 2015 C7's.)

1. Idea on pricing or posting dates to build?

No official pricing released for Canada. Daytona Orange would likely be build in Spring 2015.

2. I saw one set of rims that were black with a red ring when looking at some of the mock ups.... Is this standard?

The Red ring is not standard from what i know. It could be a mod. Although GM did offer similar Black Rims with Red ring from factory for the 2013 Centennial trim package.

3. The rear break air vents... Is this body style part of the Z51 packaging?

Yes these are standard in Base and Z51.

4. Regardless of whether you seek an upgrade, are all the roof options a removable roof? So if you go with the straight painted roof, is it still removable?

Yes all Coupes have a manual removable roof and secure storage anchors in the hatchback.

5. Will they have a 'performance look' package that is much cheaper as they did with the 14 Vettes?

If you mean the ZF1 package then yes it will be available for 2015 base C7's in Canada. It was never offered in Canada for MY 2014.

Best of luck!

Thank you very much! Can't wait until pricing is set and we are called to sit and create this sweet machine! I expected no less than Spring delivery, although I would do anything for the fall! Just sit and wait now I guess! I figured it might be a smart move to get on the list before the pricing came out and the possibility of a rash of new buyers occured then.

BTW if tyou would like one rigth away we have one coming in late August. Please see specs below:

2014 C7 3LT Coupe Auto
Summit White Exterior, Black Interior
Red Calipers
Transparent Black Roof
NPP Performance Exhaust
Nav (standard in 3T)

Let me know if you need additional info on this. It has a TPW of 08/04 so it should be here by 3rd week of August.

Regards,

Sorry HAS to be a 2015...

I do have a question though....

So I have paid 5K just to get a spot on the list. At some point they will call me to configure the car and place that 5K towards the car.

Can I say I want to configure that car today and then increase my down payment which would bump me on that list at all?

the amount of downpayment does not give you priority over others.

Whats crucial is for the dealer to have allocation. And if they havent even taken your specs then they likely dont have allocation and so you will need to keep waiting till GM gives them one for you.

FYI we have allocation on hand for factory orders for 2015 C7's (Coupe and Convertible Base and Z51. Our first 2015 delivery is scheduled for later August/early September.

Goodluck!

Further

This has all been a whirlwind for me done in a few days. I am going to guess that, as it is at Wilson Niblet who is one of the largest dealers in Canada, all will be in order. The withdrawal was only made this morning and our salesman is off until tomorrow am.

Also in your last... I am going to guess you meant your first arrivals are late 2014!

Hi AllFlash,

The white 3LT with TPW 08/04 is a late 2014.

However the Convertible 2LT with Z51 (Pre-Sold factory order) is a 2015. TPW of 08/11. We expect to deliver it early September.

Goodluck!

This has all been a whirlwind for me done in a few days. I am going to guess that, as it is at Wilson Niblet who is one of the largest dealers in Canada, all will be in order. The withdrawal was only made this morning and our salesman is off until tomorrow am.

Also in your last... I am going to guess you meant your first arrivals are late 2014!

Hi AllFlash and welcome!

I too have ordered a 2015 (Z51/2LT) but from a much smaller dealer than Wilson-Niblet. I wouldn't think for moment they do not have sufficient allocations. In fact, I would think W-N would be in line to receive a Z06. W-N is a go-to dealer for Corvette service from what I am hearing here.

Regarding Allocations

It would be nice if someone could clarify this because I really don't think that the top Vette dealer in Canada would pull the wool over my eyes as well.

I was told this, not only from them, but other dealers as well....

For my specific configuration, the idea of a fall delivery is unrealistic, both for the reasong that I am ordering so late and that I am ordering a late delivery color (orange).

I was then told that a deposit would be necessary to get my spot in line for ordering as an allocation comes available but, there is a line right now.

Once my turn comes up, I can configure and order the car and that order will then be placed in the queue.

With respect to this, placing my order right now would make no sense and not help at all, since my option choices may change dependent on pricing....ergo, it makes more sense to place the order when pricing is set as I am already on the list and in line.

Does this make sense at all? I have spoken to numerous dealers, large and small, and all have stated thast a fall delivery with my configuration is not a feasible option at this point; Spring is more likely...March.

If I am wrong...ya... it would be nice to have the proper facts now and thanks ahead all for the assistance.

First time in my life I have been in a position to buy a car, configured how I want it and to buy now...and am being told to that it isn't feasible just yet as I am in line but it might be smarter to wait until pricing, and even the option to configure myself on line, in a few weeks...

Hi AllFlash,

You are definitely in good hands with W-N. If you like you can start building your vehicle with the specs and pricing "leaked" for US so that you are better prepared.

You can make any changes to your order before your order gets upgraded to Status 2000 so at our dealership we would have submitted your order in with your exact specs and given you an order number. Ofcourse whats holding it up is that you are not yet sure of your desired specs.

The Daytona Orange color is a late availability as you already know. We should have all prices and initial options list confirmed within the next couple of weeks.

At my dealership we are on schedule to deliver 3 factory order 2015 C7's this fall.

Best of luck!

Further...

Ojamali,

All respect for taking the time to assist and answer my questions, even knowing that I have a holding position with WN. Having said that, all know that, should an early arrival come available that might talk me into a Fall purchase, I might seriously consider that before final order processed; my down payment was made a refundable one to cover the period between now and the listing of pricing specs when I actually place my order.

Never know what could pop up right.... mind you the orange look will be one of a kind!!!!

It would be nice if someone could clarify this because I really don't think that the top Vette dealer in Canada would pull the wool over my eyes as well.

I was told this, not only from them, but other dealers as well....

For my specific configuration, the idea of a fall delivery is unrealistic, both for the reasong that I am ordering so late and that I am ordering a late delivery color (orange).

I was then told that a deposit would be necessary to get my spot in line for ordering as an allocation comes available but, there is a line right now.

Once my turn comes up, I can configure and order the car and that order will then be placed in the queue.

With respect to this, placing my order right now would make no sense and not help at all, since my option choices may change dependent on pricing....ergo, it makes more sense to place the order when pricing is set as I am already on the list and in line.

Does this make sense at all? I have spoken to numerous dealers, large and small, and all have stated thast a fall delivery with my configuration is not a feasible option at this point; Spring is more likely...March.

If I am wrong...ya... it would be nice to have the proper facts now and thanks ahead all for the assistance.

First time in my life I have been in a position to buy a car, configured how I want it and to buy now...and am being told to that it isn't feasible just yet as I am in line but it might be smarter to wait until pricing, and even the option to configure myself on line, in a few weeks...

Hi Allflash

All I can do is give you my experience to date. I have ordered a 2015 2LT Z51 A8 coupe in Crystal Red. This *may* matter with respect to when I will get my Vette.

I ordered mine on June 18 from a dealer who typically sells about a half dozen Corvettes a year. When I placed the June 18th order, I was the second 2015 order for the dealership.

On June 18 my "event code" was 1100. After 3 weekly live chats with GM Customer service and a couple of emails with my salesman, I have NO idea whether or not GM has accepted my order for the coupe I described above. They cannot or will not give me any further information other than the order is placed.

Now comes all the hearsay and gossip. I 'heard' that GM will not ship to Canada between November and March and yet one fella here says he received his C7 in January. A thread on a US forum says the '15 Z51 is on constraint (read as: a shortage of parts somewhere in the supply chain). Production of the standard for-revenue production of C7s does not start until August 11. I have two options that are a tad unique for the 2LT. One is the A8 tranny. This will be the first production years for the A8 and I have no idea if there is a constraint on it yet. The other option is the Navigation. It is not standard for the 2LT. The Nav option itself has changed for 2015 and there is another option called the Performance Data Recorder that is now bundled with the Nav option. More hearsay - I signed my order based on actual 2014 prices and options because neither were available at the time. I am on the books to pay $750 for the Nav (the non-PDR '14 price) while the interweb is intimating the '15 price will be $1795 US. So what will the CDN price be? I 'bought' the NPP dual-mode exhaust at about $1400 and now I hear the NPP is standard equipment on the Z51 but the Z51 price will increase by about a grand.

About delivery. The 2015 Corvette orered before mine has a target production week (TPW) of 8/11 (the first week of real '15 C7 production). Assuming Bowling Green produces the C7 in that week, the dealer believes it will arrive by end of September. They can predict closely their first C7 delivery but they are mum on the second C7 delivery (mine). Best 'guess' my salesman would offer is December (so much for no winter delivery I suppose). I have no idea what the time difference was between my C7 order and their first but if December is accurate then that timing caused a build-to-delivery of 8 weeks my C7 will have a TPW November 3rd.

My fear is BG will not get a lot of things right in the first TPW and will produce far less than what they are capable of as of this writing. Add start-up production issues AND any constraints, the first C7s off the lot may be flawed and/or will be limited to the parts they have as part of their inventory. I suspect anyone who ordered the new orange or gray paint may have to wait and if the bulk of orders for '15s are Z51s, then there may be limited production of Z's.

One thing that is dissettling, and correct me if I am wrong, you have ordered yours from Wilson-Niblet, placed a $5K deposit and there is absolutely NO pricing for you. In my case, I only needed $1K down and we optioned and priced based on the 2014 order guide and price list. My order is complete with the C7 cost, protection package costs, taxes and extraneous fees.

There just does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for timing. I have to resign myself to I'll get my C7 when I get it - maybe. Maybe since I have NO idea if GM has accepted the order and, if they have, has BG accepted the order. [sigh]

The plot sickens.

:banghead:

Last edited:
Why is this company still in business? What a screwed up business model, nobody knows what is going on. We bailed these guys out? How many times?

Does this not sound like the old "Who's on first" comedy?

Good luck to both of you. Call me if you want a really nice C5.

Why is this company still in business? What a screwed up business model, nobody knows what is going on. We bailed these guys out? How many times?

Does this not sound like the old "Who's on first" comedy?

Good luck to both of you. Call me if you want a really nice C5.

Thanks for the offer. I got to drive C5 on the weekend. Never should have done that. No my appetite is whetted even further. The yearnings just went up a notch.

It was a 2000 coupe 345hp. Been a long time since I drove that number of horses. I was proud of myself though. It was a 6-speed stick and I didn't put the fire out once. :rofl:

Further...

Thanks for taking the time to run through all that...yes it is a bit unsettling. Wilson-Niblet told me the same thing....no deliveries during the winter months. They stated that this wasn't their choice, but rather policy of GM???

So.. my order is not in. My place in line is. This is what I really don't understand, but to state that, they said it made no sense for me to order yet as pricing has not been set and it wouldn't change my positioning. In other words, if Joe Blow comes tomorrow and orders..with a down payment...he is still behind me in line...this is what is so confusing but WN states that it is a straight list and, regardless of whether you order now or when the allocation for submission gets to you, your order placement doesnt change.

Confused? Most definitely. I don't expect my car before March though. WN states that that is latest, bar anything that happens on the product line with GM.

Having said all that....we are ordering 2015 cars in June/July 2014, before pricing...and really...final info and specs are even out yet. Gotta put some of the responsibility in our own hands....for wanting to be the first on the block... eheh

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to run through all that...yes it is a bit unsettling. Wilson-Niblet told me the same thing....no deliveries during the winter months. They stated that this wasn't their choice, but rather policy of GM???

So.. my order is not in. My place in line is. This is what I really don't understand, but to state that, they said it made no sense for me to order yet as pricing has not been set and it wouldn't change my positioning. In other words, if Joe Blow comes tomorrow and orders..with a down payment...he is still behind me in line...this is what is so confusing but WN states that it is a straight list and, regardless of whether you order now or when the allocation for submission gets to you, your order placement doesnt change.

Confused? Most definitely. I don't expect my car before March though. WN states that that is latest, bar anything that happens on the product line with GM.

Having said all that....we are ordering 2015 cars in June/July 2014, before pricing...and really...final info and specs are even out yet. Gotta put some of the responsibility in our own hands....for wanting to be the first on the block... eheh

Oh I hear you loud and clear. Just two weeks prior to actually placing the order (submitting to GM), I had flashed my credit card and gave Mike Jackson Motors in Collingwood a grand to also get in line. My thinking was I didn't want delivery until at least April 2015 after the snow. They took the gig and we wrote up the order. I was in line for 2015 C7. That does match then what W-N told you. After hearing about constraints and the overwhelming number of orders for C7s in 2014, I went and firmed up with Mike Jackson telling them I would take the car anytime it becomes available. The salesman said that was the better way to go.

Perhaps it is just wishful thinking on my part but I am hoping after hearing Mike Jackson's 2015 C7 order 1 may arrive in late September, that my C7 my follow on in October and I will get a chance to drive it before I have to put it away for the winter.

Doug

FollowUP...

On the good side of things for you... I have read 3-4 instances of similar frustrations stateside where they hadn't a clue, only to find out it was about to be shipped.

Myself... I hate waiting and this will be hell for me. Always been a have to have it now guy and thought I might get ahead of the fold on this one. Wrong. On the other hand, so long as it isn't still being built when the news of the 2016 comes out... I'm ok I guess.

Found this.... Interesting choices that confuse me a bit... No Kalahari seat colors? Z51 only with manual transmission? Shows orange Daytona color, Pacific Design Package worth it definitely but only allows choice of black rims with red trim on rims.. How will this look on the orange colour? and many other questions...

This is the first I have ever seen of a selection though...

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray at NewRoads GM, Newmarket, Ontario

These prices will see me getting the Z06 Z51 package with the Pacific Design double stripe package and performance exhaust though...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.