Jul 27, 2023
VetteCoins
Good afternoon!

New 1975 convertible c3 owner here!

Ive posted a couple of questions already, and appreciate the feedback yall!

Just have a few more questions. Im taking my 75 C3 L82 convertible to the mechanic next week, to fix all the problems I KNOW it has, but wanted some feed back first on my issues!

Things I know Im doing:
1-upgrading dash speakers to Kicker (gotta have my tunes)
2-upgrading interior console/dash lights with LED for inproved visibility.
3-little gaudy, but putting in undercarriage lights. Due to the lower profile, Im all about not letting some teen in a raised f250 dually say theuly didnt see me at night.

Things that I know need fixing

1-Also Im replacing the headlights with LED headlights for safety, ordered the octane lighting recommended.

But cant find plug n play LED tail lights, any suggestions on where to find them?

2-drivers side window went out 2 days after I got it. No fuses appear blown, do the switches commonly go out? Or am I looking at the whole window motor unit?

3-the carburetor is a quadrajet, but has a vacuum leak when you kick on the AC (seller sprayed cleaner and showed me where). So im looking at replacing it.
Ive heard of Holly and edelbrock in the forums, this car is for looks and sound, not performance, any suggestions?

4-window on passenger side seems loose, going to tighten up

5-head lights arent popping up like theyre supposed to, worked initially, suspect a leak.

6-windshield wiper fluid not pumping. Any suggestions? Cant see a fuse out.

I know its a lot all at once, but also didnt want to spam the forum with 6 different posts!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Is the Qjet original? If so have it rebuilt by Lars. Qjets if original and not severely damaged by someone who does not know how to rebuild are great carbs. He’s in the US but is probably the best. Here’s his email: [email protected]
If you need to replace right away make sure you buy a spreadbore carb unless you also want to buy a squarebore intake.

Reactions: Luke Hunter
Louisiana! I know it's a Canadian forum, but I love the format and friendliness of everyone so I had to join!
Most definitely email Lars, he will likely ask for pics and carb ID numbers first.I met Lars in person nearly 20 years ago when he came up to the Toronto area on his Tuning for Beer Tour. Great guy absolutely no bs.

Good afternoon!

New 1975 convertible c3 owner here!

Ive posted a couple of questions already, and appreciate the feedback yall!

Just have a few more questions. Im taking my 75 C3 L82 convertible to the mechanic next week, to fix all the problems I KNOW it has, but wanted some feed back first on my issues!

Things I know Im doing:
1-upgrading dash speakers to Kicker (gotta have my tunes)
2-upgrading interior console/dash lights with LED for inproved visibility.
3-little gaudy, but putting in undercarriage lights. Due to the lower profile, Im all about not letting some teen in a raised f250 dually say theuly didnt see me at night.

Things that I know need fixing

1-Also Im replacing the headlights with LED headlights for safety, ordered the octane lighting recommended.

But cant find plug n play LED tail lights, any suggestions on where to find them?

2-drivers side window went out 2 days after I got it. No fuses appear blown, do the switches commonly go out? Or am I looking at the whole window motor unit?

3-the carburetor is a quadrajet, but has a vacuum leak when you kick on the AC (seller sprayed cleaner and showed me where). So im looking at replacing it.
Ive heard of Holly and edelbrock in the forums, this car is for looks and sound, not performance, any suggestions?

4-window on passenger side seems loose, going to tighten up

5-head lights arent popping up like theyre supposed to, worked initially, suspect a leak.

6-windshield wiper fluid not pumping. Any suggestions? Cant see a fuse out.

I know its a lot all at once, but also didnt want to spam the forum with 6 different posts!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Only one I had experience with on my C3 is your #5 - from the day I bought it at age 6, one headlight popped up right away...the other took 5-10 seconds to follow it up. Down they both went at the same rate. I was also told that the vacuum cannister probably had a leak, but during the 15 years that I owned the C3, it never bothered me enough to have it fixed. Twice though the metal brackets that hold the light assemblies in place corroded and I had to get them welded as the lights began to sink and would catch on the body when going up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.