Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
Well let me tell you, for months leading up to the build, I kept playing around with video ideas on how to shoot an epic car music video. I ended up purchasing a drone (DJI Mini 3 Pro) and mastered how to use it. I purchased a 360 cam (Insta360 x3) and figured out how to video edit from 360 footage. I purchased a bunch of multi-suction cup brackets to mount the 360 cam both to the vette as well as to a follow car (for rolling footage).

Got tons of footage from a full-frame DSLR (Canon 6Dmkii) mounted to a hand held gimbal rig (Zhiyun) complete with external video monitor. In other words, I treated this like a Hollywood video car shoot. And man was I rushed, some footage was captured in ON, some here in QC (trying to get ideal shooting locations was not easy). I even convinced the wife to drive the follow car next to me with 360 mounted on it. She has so much patience and willing to entertain my crazy ideas !!

I listened to dozens of hyped up songs for the car scene, and then spent days painstakingly editing every second of video footage to line up with the music. Then once that was all done collored the video (LUTS) to give it a more dramatic look.

Here it is, the world premiere Grand Prix reveal posted to YouTube this evening (which will be shared with all of the aftermarket companies for use on their sites if they wish). Can't wait to take it downtown and drive it around and park it in the middle of the GP action.

Am here for questions if you guys need any info on the equipment above or editing techniques/software.
(make sure to click on the settings wheel in YouTube to set it to 1080 HD, it sometimes defaults to the lowest quality)

Good job on the video. Making videos is not as easy as people think it is and music choice is very personal and subjective.

I suggest for your next videos to shoot in 60FPS for smoother video and it will give you an option to slow it down in post production without losing quality if you must.
If you have an option, shoot at 4K60FPS, but if your choice is only between 1080p60fps or 4K30fps, then you should use 1080p60fps.

Good job on the video. Making videos is not as easy as people think it is and music choice is very personal and subjective.

I suggest for your next videos to shoot in 60FPS for smoother video and it will give you an option to slow it down in post production without losing quality if you must.
If you have an option, shoot at 4K60FPS, but if your choice is only between 1080p60fps or 4K30fps, then you should use 1080p60fps.
agreed Dennis, while the 6Dii is a high end full frame camera it “only” does 1080/60. The drone footage is smoother as the mini 3 pro does 4K/60 as does the insta 360. I will have to check how I had the drone and 360 setup but things just happened so fast that I just grabbed gear and ran to get the footage done in a couple days.

To the comment about music (Black 03 Z06), if you search for any Vossen video on YouTube you will hear similar music, everyone uses the same stuff from an artist called “Memphis.”. It is very unique sounds and beats, some higher energy than others, meant for the car scene. If you go on any music platform and search for JDM, the music gets even crazier and faster beat. In other words, you won’t be conveying exotic & speed & custom car for a car video with Sweet Home Alabama.

I was a DJ and still have a DJ studio so am used to cruising around with rap music and feeling “gangsta”, as well as enjoying dance, electronic and house music. So like you said it is a personal choice but when you see the Vossen vids it has the same vibe !!

Last edited:
Whole damn car needs cleaning already. Car will be downtown for GP this weekend but they are calling for rain tomorrow and Sat and light blue leaves water marks all over. I know third world problems (on a side note I had to look up the diff between 1st and 3rd world problems, 3rd being the more serious of the two, my tip for the day, and for free).

Whole damn car needs cleaning already. Car will be downtown for GP this weekend but they are calling for rain tomorrow and Sat and light blue leaves water marks all over. I know third world problems (on a side note I had to look up the diff between 1st and 3rd world problems, 3rd being the more serious of the two, my tip for the day, and for free).
Lol- I think people in the third world would be ecstatic if their problems revolved around water spots on their Corvettes, rather than not actually having drinking water

I saw this reveal on crosby and cars before this came out - sweet looking ride, love the wheels Vossen HF7's 20 and 21 - it was a decent video of a typcial crosby style - but the order options to have other various parts painted factory side was news to me - the clear engine cover nice option for those with convertibles - factory now offering a new one apparently as well - not as wide open but still very nice. My coupe wont need one of course being glass however sweet option regardless. I would consider this a very well thought out build, imho of course ... lol

Reactions: Neils
Well let me tell you, for months leading up to the build, I kept playing around with video ideas on how to shoot an epic car music video. I ended up purchasing a drone (DJI Mini 3 Pro) and mastered how to use it. I purchased a 360 cam (Insta360 x3) and figured out how to video edit from 360 footage. I purchased a bunch of multi-suction cup brackets to mount the 360 cam both to the vette as well as to a follow car (for rolling footage).

Got tons of footage from a full-frame DSLR (Canon 6Dmkii) mounted to a hand held gimbal rig (Zhiyun) complete with external video monitor. In other words, I treated this like a Hollywood video car shoot. And man was I rushed, some footage was captured in ON, some here in QC (trying to get ideal shooting locations was not easy). I even convinced the wife to drive the follow car next to me with 360 mounted on it. She has so much patience and willing to entertain my crazy ideas !!

I listened to dozens of hyped up songs for the car scene, and then spent days painstakingly editing every second of video footage to line up with the music. Then once that was all done collored the video (LUTS) to give it a more dramatic look.

Here it is, the world premiere Grand Prix reveal posted to YouTube this evening (which will be shared with all of the aftermarket companies for use on their sites if they wish). Can't wait to take it downtown and drive it around and park it in the middle of the GP action.

Am here for questions if you guys need any info on the equipment above or editing techniques/software.
(make sure to click on the settings wheel in YouTube to set it to 1080 HD, it sometimes defaults to the lowest quality)

Nice Car Neils, couldn't finish watching the video, music was hard on the ears, sorry

Nice Car Neils, couldn't finish watching the video, music was hard on the ears, sorry
going to create a music video version just for this forum, taking your requests (DJ leaning over table headphones removed to take your request). I am tempted to use some country music and see how that goes here :)

On a side note I usually listen to old and new school rap in the car plus this type car show music (high energy) . Drake concert in July and Kendrick Lamar in August. Grew up a DJ pounding (mega watt systems) the electronic dance, hip hop, rap and house, spinning the vinyl on Technics SL-1200’s (black 1210’s actually). So it’s in the DNA. Yes I did have to play the love ballads at weddings (cringe), hmmm maybe I’ll try a love balad and see how that goes over here.

(Edit: just remembered going to see Tears For Fears in Atlantic City and most likely Metallica at the Stadium, so have a very wide taste in music)

Just pulling your legs, I realize music is subjective and personal !!! Grand Prix / Grad day today, pouring rain which sucks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: OL Yeller

Attachments

• IMG_3357.jpeg
    IMG_3357.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3354.jpeg
    IMG_3354.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3353.jpeg
    IMG_3353.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 13
Congrats to you and your son. I hope what I will say next will not take a way from your big day.
It must be a cultural phenomenon that I don't fully understand: why is high school graduation made such a big deal of? its fully expected that every member of society graduates from high school. It's not an achievement, it's normal, like potty training or getting dressed in the morning.

I grew up in a family where education was normal and expected and not something special to celebrate.
I have graduated from high school early, went to college and graduated early, went to university and graduated early, completed 2nd accelerated bachelor degree in my career field, followed by Master's Degree, and culminating with a Post-Master's Diploma. I only celebrated when all my studies were done, board exams passed, I got my professional licence and my dream job.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.