Hi Steve, been following your troubles, It sounds like a tumbler is hooped. I would do the same as theboss said, send that puppy out and get a locksmith to replace that tumbler(s) IF you decide to go the bypass route, Eric over at South Main Auto in NY has a great video on how to install a proper resistor and how to get the value from your key with a Multi meter, and its then bypassed. Here's the link to THAT:

Check these guys out for locks. I had DOOR locks sent out, and they were reasonable, they also carry ignition locks too. Here is the link to them. Chevy Corvette: PY Classic Auto Locks

Best of luck Steve

D

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
I think it’s awesome to have 2 great cars. Your post led me to believe you actually currently do not have a corvette.
There are some fixes for this that should make the locksmith visits a thing of the past. It’s a pretty common flaw with this generation but can be overcome.

Thanks for the clarification.

Welcome and enjoy CCF.

Spammer boys. Rest easy been dealt with. Human spam even so feeling special.

1564443386325.jpeg

Hi Steve.
This is exactly 100% what happened to my '87 Corvette yesterday. I had to leave the key in, disconnect the battery and turn the key to 'start' a little bit to shut off the engine after arriving at work.
After work, I connected the battery, started the car but the engine won't idle and had to hold my foot on the pedal. I risked driving it home by having one foot on the gas and the other on the break.
It's now sitting outside my house with the key stuck and the battery disconnected.
Please let me know how you finally resolved the issue as I am looking for a solution to two problems now instead of just one initially.
Thanks and regards.

Reactions: Rubano87
Hi Steve.
This is exactly 100% what happened to my '87 Corvette yesterday. I had to leave the key in, disconnect the battery and turn the key to 'start' a little bit to shut off the engine after arriving at work.
After work, I connected the battery, started the car but the engine won't idle and had to hold my foot on the pedal. I risked driving it home by having one foot on the gas and the other on the break.
It's now sitting outside my house with the key stuck and the battery disconnected.
Please let me know how you finally resolved the issue as I am looking for a solution to two problems now instead of just one initially.
Thanks and regards.
hey Rashid, I believe he needed to get a new key cylinder, that's what resolved his problem. hope you get it fixed soon 🙏🙂 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.