Steve Fontaine

Regular
Nov 23, 2016
Awards
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
89 C4 Corvette
Nice shot of a 2 Generation gap Steve. Myself,i prefer the back of the lot for parking. Further back the better :oops::Cryin:

as do I. i normally park in a corner under a tree beside concrete curbs. its kind of brave parking a $90k car in the middle of a lot like that

Reactions: MikeysZ06

Rruuff Day

Never wrestle with a pig.
Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
Awards
Pine Lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Province
AB
I don't think I've seen the car around Steve. There's several Stingrays the right colour but haven't seen a yellow Z. What mall was that?

ddgermann

Power User
Jul 1, 2017
Awards
VetteCoins
Horror, it was the very reason that I switched from a corvette to a BMW. I just got tired of constantly calling auto licksmith to fix this problem. A very common problem.

You joined a corvette forum just to say that? 😂

Welcome to CCF I suppose. 😀

Darrellg1

Regular
Nov 27, 2017
Awards
Surrey BC
VetteCoins
Car
1987 Corvette coupe,
Hi Steve, been following your troubles, It sounds like a tumbler is hooped. I would do the same as theboss said, send that puppy out and get a locksmith to replace that tumbler(s) IF you decide to go the bypass route, Eric over at South Main Auto in NY has a great video on how to install a proper resistor and how to get the value from your key with a Multi meter, and its then bypassed. Here's the link to THAT:
Check these guys out for locks. I had DOOR locks sent out, and they were reasonable, they also carry ignition locks too. Here is the link to them. Chevy Corvette: PY Classic Auto Locks

Best of luck Steve

D

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann

ddgermann

Power User
Jul 1, 2017
Awards
VetteCoins
I think it’s awesome to have 2 great cars. Your post led me to believe you actually currently do not have a corvette.
There are some fixes for this that should make the locksmith visits a thing of the past. It’s a pretty common flaw with this generation but can be overcome.

Thanks for the clarification.

Welcome and enjoy CCF.

Nik

Blame me if something's broken
Staff member
Administrator
Power User
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Vernon, BC
VetteCoins
Post Style (Members)
Car
Province
BC
You joined a corvette forum just to say that? 😂

Welcome to CCF I suppose. 😀

Spammer boys. Rest easy been dealt with. Human spam even so feeling special.

Rruuff Day

Never wrestle with a pig.
Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
Awards
Pine Lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Province
AB
Human? What? When did we start letting humans become forum members....:Ack2:

1564450458808.png

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann

Rashid 87

I'm New Here
Feb 21, 2021
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
87 Corvette
Province
ON
Hi Steve.
This is exactly 100% what happened to my '87 Corvette yesterday. I had to leave the key in, disconnect the battery and turn the key to 'start' a little bit to shut off the engine after arriving at work.
After work, I connected the battery, started the car but the engine won't idle and had to hold my foot on the pedal. I risked driving it home by having one foot on the gas and the other on the break.
It's now sitting outside my house with the key stuck and the battery disconnected.
Please let me know how you finally resolved the issue as I am looking for a solution to two problems now instead of just one initially.
Thanks and regards.

Reactions: Rubano87

Rubano87

Casual User
Oct 24, 2019
Awards
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
1995 Corvette, admir
Province
ON
Hi Steve.
This is exactly 100% what happened to my '87 Corvette yesterday. I had to leave the key in, disconnect the battery and turn the key to 'start' a little bit to shut off the engine after arriving at work.
After work, I connected the battery, started the car but the engine won't idle and had to hold my foot on the pedal. I risked driving it home by having one foot on the gas and the other on the break.
It's now sitting outside my house with the key stuck and the battery disconnected.
Please let me know how you finally resolved the issue as I am looking for a solution to two problems now instead of just one initially.
Thanks and regards.
hey Rashid, I believe he needed to get a new key cylinder, that's what resolved his problem. hope you get it fixed soon 🙏🙂 👍

Rashid 87

I'm New Here
Feb 21, 2021
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
87 Corvette
Province
ON
hey Rashid, I believe he needed to get a new key cylinder, that's what resolved his problem. hope you get it fixed soon 🙏🙂 👍
Thanks Rubano.
Just ordered a new ignition cylinder from Amazon. I hope it solves the problem. Will upload a video of the process of it works.

Reactions: Rubano87

Users who are viewing this thread