Oct 12, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Z51 LT2
Province
ON
I see the aluminum mesh allows 77% air flow. My C8 will see a lot of track use. Wondering if the restriction of air flow should be of concern. Also. Why doesn’t somebody come up with a removable option (without having to partially disassemble the front end)

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
In answer to your question, right now there look to be 2 different types: the ones you install below the "grill" and closer to the rad, then the other which goes over the "grill". The first is the one you say you don't want, due to the hassle of taking it off for track use, since you need to remove some lower screws and get it in/out through a small gap and remove the zip tie connectors. The second type may suit your purpose since it looks to be more easily installed and removed, being accessible from the outside only and no disassembly of the C8 required because it's attached only by tape. But I don't know how difficult it is to remove with that tape.

The second type is found here:

And there's a YouTube video showing its install here:

For anyone interested in the first type, I purchased mine from customcargrills.com and here's a video showing its install:

Hope this helps out.

Reactions: ShawnC8
Those things are way too expensive IMO. There is a template posted on here somewhere. I'd make my own and just zip tie them on.

Attachments

• MESH TEMPLATE SHT 1.pdf
    229.4 KB · Views: 85
  • MESH TEMPLATE SHT 2.pdf
    312.3 KB · Views: 42
  • MESH TEMPLATE SHT 3.pdf
    301.1 KB · Views: 39
Those things are way too expensive IMO. There is a template posted on here somewhere. I'd make my own and just zip tie them on.

The second type (installed on the outside) looks to be super expensive (US$349 + ship + tax!) and the first type (installed on the "inside" of the grill) cost me about US$130 delivered (+ the "duty" to cross the border) but that was for the 4 piece set with the 2 piece set being even less expensive. And as always, you're right Murray: buying your own materials and creating what you need is cheaper if you've got the time.

As an addendum for anyone interested: I just got hit with a Can.$45+ FedEx bill for them delivering the mesh set from the States. Had I known and considered the car would be parked soon anyways, I would have opted for "regular ship" rather than the quicker FedEx delivery. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: COP8
1604710033616.png

This is the only thing I think that would be functional but is ugly and would require the front to have PPF. I can't see those mesh inserts doing much and my rads got beat up on track days so why take them out unless you think the car will overheat which I doubt very much

Last edited:
First, all these suppliers have made `disclaimers` with using their mesh. Even the latest vid points out ` not for track use and not for temp above 100 F` and I would guess that they take no responsibility for GM warranty issues for overheating.
Second, we have heard NOTHING from GM re aftermarket or homemade will NOT void warranty and I don`t know of anyone who asked GM about this. Read your warranty about mods.
Imagine the long rad hoses break or rad leaks, you loose fluid and engine seizes, you get towed and forgot or can`t remove the mesh you bought.
Put on the mesh( in front of the rad, not on your face) , drive to your dealer and ask. See the answer you get, yes, no, maybe.

View attachment 45351

This is the only thing I think that would be functional but is ugly and would require the front to have PPF. I can't see those mesh inserts doing much and my rads got beat up on track days so why take them out unless you think the car will overheat which I doubt very much
HAHAHAAHA! The 90's called ... they want their bra back....

Read on other USA forum that one person had a rock hit that damaged the A/C rad and GM would not pay .
So if a rock flies into a rad , Gm does not cover. So If you attach a mesh, to prevent damage and expense, and the rad or hose cracks and leaks, GM does not cover ? Where is the answer ?

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Has anyone established that attaching a mesh will cause your rad or hoses to crack? I can see GM's point for not covering damage caused by outside sources though. Where would the line be drawn? If a rock flies up from a vehicle and damages a windshield, a headlight, or the paint, would drivers expect GM to cover that? Many of us have had rads plugged by bugs and debris over the years but I've never heard of anyone expecting GM to cover costs for this. If a mesh causes your car to run hot and cooks an engine, I would expect GM would deny a claim based on the modification and the owner not recognizing that his ride is running hotter than it did before the mesh. JMO

Has anyone established that attaching a mesh will cause your rad or hoses to crack? I can see GM's point for not covering damage caused by outside sources though. Where would the line be drawn? If a rock flies up from a vehicle and damages a windshield, a headlight, or the paint, would drivers expect GM to cover that? Many of us have had rads plugged by bugs and debris over the years but I've never heard of anyone expecting GM to cover costs for this. If a mesh causes your car to run hot and cooks an engine, I would expect GM would deny a claim based on the modification and the owner not recognizing that his ride is running hotter than it did before the mesh. JMO
Sounds right on the money to me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.