I see the aluminum mesh allows 77% air flow. My C8 will see a lot of track use. Wondering if the restriction of air flow should be of concern. Also. Why doesn’t somebody come up with a removable option (without having to partially disassemble the front end)
If you wanted to eliminate all the bug splatter on your rad the holes would have to be so small you would only get 30% air flow

I just ordered some plastic chicken fencing. I thought a little wider might be better.
I'll let everyone know how it works.
I just remembered that I saw it on MECF and not here. Someone used gutter guard and black ties of some sort and it can all be attached from the outside without removing anything because it's flexible and can be slid through the openings.

I just ordered some plastic chicken fencing. I thought a little wider might be better.
I'll let everyone know how it works.
I've used that stuff before ... it is fairly flexible and may bend out of shape. Not cheap either as you have to order an entire roll which you can use to keep pet frogs in, I guess. I used mine at a cottage I sold and left the remaining part of the roll with the new owner (I never thought I would ever need it again).

It was only 20 bucks for the roll.
Here's a pic of what it looks like installed.

1605910572949.png

Ama
That looks good. Where did you buy it?
Amazon. I linked it in my message above. The pic is from a fellow on MECF that used the stuff for the gutters. It's 6 inches wide and comes in a roll. The stuff I bought is a little wider. Thinking it would give me installation options.

looks cool now tell us all how you put it in as most of us are not rocket scientists
Because it's pliable one can slip it in and then when in place, use twist ties or cable straps (your choice) to hold them in place. I'll think about it before I do it. Any suggestions I can try shoot em out.

what happened to all our points ???
Lots missing. I guess the upgrade did a downgrade.

Easy guys... The bank vault was left open by mistake and all the Vettecoins are missing. We are investigating as the video footage shows someone wearing a racoon mask lurking around....... Insurance will cover the loss and we all will get our coins back soon.... :Biggrin:

Here's two photos showing the driver side install of the CustomCarGrills on my C8 non-Z51 convertible. One photo shows just the driver side corner grill, covering the rad fins. The second photo shows both grills installed on the driver side. I purchased the 2-piece set (2 pieces per side) even though you can get away with only the one larger corner piece. The second smaller grill is for aesthetics only (to match the "honeycomb look" of the larger piece) since it doesn't cover up any rad fins. I'm posting this so people who want to do this, can better decide whether to install only the one corner piece over the rad fins, or both pieces. And to do this install, you need GOOD lighting, it would have been quicker with another person and I recommend raising the front end for better access. Smaller hands would have been nice as well; it's a tight fit. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• C8 Driver Side One Grill Cover.png
    C8 Driver Side One Grill Cover.png
    693.7 KB · Views: 46
  • C8 Both Front Grill Covers.png
    C8 Both Front Grill Covers.png
    703.8 KB · Views: 47
So you just went in from underneath and didn't take anything apart?

No I took off the six 7 mm bolts and also the 15+? (I never counted them) T15 torx bolts, to take off the lower splash guard and allow the corner black rubber sides to be pulled down, giving access. Unless you're installing something over top of the outer "grill" and not close to the rad fins, you have to take things apart.

14 torx bolts ( You found the hidden one?). :) as shown in this video with another option.
This video game me another thought. How about a furnace type filter? Or an air intake filter?
The gutter mesh you can install from the outside and do not need to take anything apart.

14 torx bolts ( You found the hidden one?). :) as shown in this video with another option.
This video game me another thought. How about a furnace type filter? Or an air intake filter?
The gutter mesh you can install from the outside and do not need to take anything apart.
The car does not have Covid so a tight mask is not required like that for a furnace.
Those red filters shown in the video I have checked out ... too restrictive.
The mesh that is made of plastic is the best in terms of installation ease because it is easy to cut and is flexible so it is less likely to catch the cars rad fins when being installed. You do have to remove some nuts/bolts but that is easy.
Amazon product

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.