This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

First and very likely last experience with Nurse Chevrolet in Whitby

I agree that $104 for a dry sump oil change on a C7 just doesn't sound right. I was quoted $220 all in 2 years ago. I went to Race Ready Garage and had all the fluids done. Doesn't the dry sump C7 take 9.8 liters? I'm sure that is what I read 9.8, or maybe my eyesight makes the 3 look like a 8.

Reactions: YFCvii
I found a couple of Dealerships who will let me bring my own Mobil 1 and they both
stated that bringing two 4.73 litre Mobil 1 will do the trick for the dry-sump oil renew
with very little left over ... and saves the funds for close to a full tank of premium fuel.

Reactions: tyho and ddgermann
Glad everything worked out at the end. It could of been scary
I had my oil changed on my C6 twice at the same dealership. The first one, was when I first purchased my car in August, and had an oil change prior to putting it up for the winter. No issues. The 2nd oil change was the follwing year, in mid summer after a 3 week road trip. Also was without any issues with the service manager, or technician. They also performed the yearly provincial safety inspection as well.
When the Spring came, I decided I would do my own oil change using Mobil1, Mobil 1 filter.
I drained the oil, then I put the wrench on the GM oil filter, and it would not move. It was stuck hard. I tried everything I had, and finally put a screwdriver through the filter to try to get it off that way. That just torn the filter to shreads.
I'm now pissed, and realise that the AC Delco filter was put on without a bead of oil on the gasket, and it is now welded to the block.
I had to use a cold chiesel, and hammer to get that sucker loosened and finally off.
That was my last oil change at the GM dealer. Hard to believe that they can screw up a simple oil change.
Here is what was left of the filter when it was finally removed. You can see where I used the cold chiesel to lossen it.

Hi, not sure what’s going on with GM service these days. I had to wait 25 days for head gaskets to be replaced on my Duramax (while on vacation in Oregon) Dealing with GM customer service was an absolute nightmare. I have finally found a reasonably good dealership in Calgary but have yet to let them touch my ‘09 ZR1. I have a reliable mechanic that works evenings at his home for that. It’s bad when customers are fearful to use a dealership. Poor service and high prices seem to be the rule.

Reactions: OL Yeller
That's the reason why I do my own. If you at least know where to locate the oil dip stick or maybe read your manual, 10 liters of oil is way too much. Your oil level on the dip stick is safer below the recommended level. Just a friendly recommendation, perform another oil change on your own if you can or take it to more reliable mechanic before any damage can and will happen because of too much oil. Don't wait too long. (Are you certain that they used SYNTHETIC OIL or do you know if they even replaced the filter)?