Casual User
Nov 23, 2018
Kawartha Lakes, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06/Z07 3LZ
Province
ON
Had quite the negative experience at Nurse Chevrolet in Whitby yesterday morning, so I figured I would share.

At 10am I drove my 2015 Z06 to the dealership arriving there at 10:15am, was welcomed by a friendly service technician whom walked me over to the lube counter. Being my first time at the dealership they took down the appropriate information and asked what I was in for and I replied "just a simple oil change w/Mobil1". The female at the counter (Shana I believe her name was) gave me the pricing $104.95 then mentioned that a complimentary carwash and vaccum was included, I was pleased to hear as I hadn't done so in a week or so. They promptly brought my car in and parked it in a specific bay designated for "sports cars" and to my knowledge began work on it. I took a seat in the wait room and proceeded to kill time, 45mins goes by, 1hr 30mins, 2hrs goes by and I then walk up to the counter to see what is taking so long, the same female (whom is also training another) informs me that she does not know, then another service technician (Mitchell) whom overheard our conversation pipes in that they only have 1 service technician that is allowed to work on "highend / sports cars" as they had a previous occurrence of a tech destroying an Audi that was in. I then asked to speak with a service manager. After the trainee does some running around to locate one for 10mins, Steve Good arrives in the wait room. I ask him what the delay is/what is taking so long and he replies that they only have 1 bay available to work on sports cars, I reply that there was no delay in getting the car in as there was no other vehicle occupying that bay and they appeared to begin work on it shortly thereafter. He replied that they take special care to do a very detailed job on vehicles of higher value, I replied "2.5hrs?" his response was that "yes it can take some time", to which I replied "2.5hrs for an oil change is rediculous". I made mention that the other technician stated they only have 1 tech available to work on these vehicles, to which he replied "that is not true" and it was because they only have one bay in which they can work on these vehicles. The 2hr 45mins mark rolls around, I see the technician that was "working on it" run in from outside towards the bay and he finally brings the car out. They call me to the counter and hand me a bill for $218.48 stating the oil/filter was changed using Mobil1 5W30, reset OLM, topped up fluid levels, set tire pressue to 30psi, ran vehicle and checked oil level - ok. I questioned the bill for a moment as she had stated $104.95 to which she replied that is only upto 5L and the vehicle required 10L. I signed the paper and paid, then walked outside to notice the car was not washed and/or vaccumed. I walked back in and stated to the her that it was not done, she said I could bring the car back in and I said no thank you, so she handed me a complimentary car wash card, I again left and walked back out to the car, started it up and what pops up on the dash but my tire pressure monitor showing all 4 corners with varying numbers... so much for setting the tire pressures to 30psi all around. I walk back in and ask them to send the service manager Steve Good out to the vehicle where I would be waiting. He comes out and I explain to him that this was my first time at the dealership and likely my last, I inform him that they did not wash or vaccum the car to which he replies "we do not take these vehicles thru the car wash as it is not touchless", I replied "so why did the female at the counter offer it and furthermore provide me with a now useless complimentary car wash card when I mentioned it was not done", his response was "I'm not sure". I made it very clear I was not looking for anything in return, just providing my first impressions and service feedback... he did not seem to care. I drive home and promptly call the dealership to speak with the general manager Dave Duggan, explain my experience to him to which he says "that is horrible service and not acceptable" and he will look into it, he offered me a free oil change should I give them a second chance in the future and suggested I book the appointment directly through him so he could oversee it all as he mentioned he watched me pull in, his son ran the car over to the bay for the technician and everything appeared to be as it should so he wasn't sure where it all fell apart.

Fast forward 7hrs it is now 9:20pm and I have decided to meet a friend for a coffee and little drive. Take the car out for approx. 3hrs for a coffee and cruise, non-spirited driving as usual. Upon arriving home and parking at around 1:15am I hear a sporadic hissing noise coming from under the vehicle, I get down with flashlight and see that there appears to be a slow drip/leak landing on the exhaust pipe/catalytic converter and then the garage floor. I leave the car parked overnight suspecting perhaps condensation, wake up this morning move the car around 8am and notice there is still a small/fairly fresh puddle of what appears to be oil on the garage floor. I've had enough, 9am comes around and I call the dealership and leave a voicemail for Dave Duggan to call me back, it is now 10:25am and I've heard nothing back....... ughhh.

Sorry for the long read, just extremely frustrated.

Had quite the negative experience at Nurse Chevrolet in Whitby yesterday morning, so I figured I would share.

At 10am I drove my 2015 Z06 to the dealership arriving there at 10:15am, was welcomed by a friendly service technician whom walked me over to the lube counter. Being my first time at the dealership they took down the appropriate information and asked what I was in for and I replied "just a simple oil change w/Mobil1". The female at the counter (Shana I believe her name was) gave me the pricing $104.95 then mentioned that a complimentary carwash and vaccum was included, I was pleased to hear as I hadn't done so in a week or so. They promptly brought my car in and parked it in a specific bay designated for "sports cars" and to my knowledge began work on it. I took a seat in the wait room and proceeded to kill time, 45mins goes by, 1hr 30mins, 2hrs goes by and I then walk up to the counter to see what is taking so long, the same female (whom is also training another) informs me that she does not know, then another service technician (Mitchell) whom overheard our conversation pipes in that they only have 1 service technician that is allowed to work on "highend / sports cars" as they had a previous occurrence of a tech destroying an Audi that was in. I then asked to speak with a service manager. After the trainee does some running around to locate one for 10mins, Steve Good arrives in the wait room. I ask him what the delay is/what is taking so long and he replies that they only have 1 bay available to work on sports cars, I reply that there was no delay in getting the car in as there was no other vehicle occupying that bay and they appeared to begin work on it shortly thereafter. He replied that they take special care to do a very detailed job on vehicles of higher value, I replied "2.5hrs?" his response was that "yes it can take some time", to which I replied "2.5hrs for an oil change is rediculous". I made mention that the other technician stated they only have 1 tech available to work on these vehicles, to which he replied "that is not true" and it was because they only have one bay in which they can work on these vehicles. The 2hr 45mins mark rolls around, I see the technician that was "working on it" run in from outside towards the bay and he finally brings the car out. They call me to the counter and hand me a bill for $218.48 stating the oil/filter was changed using Mobil1 5W30, reset OLM, topped up fluid levels, set tire pressue to 30psi, ran vehicle and checked oil level - ok. I questioned the bill for a moment as she had stated $104.95 to which she replied that is only upto 5L and the vehicle required 10L. I signed the paper and paid, then walked outside to notice the car was not washed and/or vaccumed. I walked back in and stated to the her that it was not done, she said I could bring the car back in and I said no thank you, so she handed me a complimentary car wash card, I again left and walked back out to the car, started it up and what pops up on the dash but my tire pressure monitor showing all 4 corners with varying numbers... so much for setting the tire pressures to 30psi all around. I walk back in and ask them to send the service manager Steve Good out to the vehicle where I would be waiting. He comes out and I explain to him that this was my first time at the dealership and likely my last, I inform him that they did not wash or vaccum the car to which he replies "we do not take these vehicles thru the car wash as it is not touchless", I replied "so why did the female at the counter offer it and furthermore provide me with a now useless complimentary car wash card when I mentioned it was not done", his response was "I'm not sure". I made it very clear I was not looking for anything in return, just providing my first impressions and service feedback... he did not seem to care. I drive home and promptly call the dealership to speak with the general manager Dave Duggan, explain my experience to him to which he says "that is horrible service and not acceptable" and he will look into it, he offered me a free oil change should I give them a second chance in the future and suggested I book the appointment directly through him so he could oversee it all as he mentioned he watched me pull in, his son ran the car over to the bay for the technician and everything appeared to be as it should so he wasn't sure where it all fell apart.

Fast forward 7hrs it is now 9:20pm and I have decided to meet a friend for a coffee and little drive. Take the car out for approx. 3hrs for a coffee and cruise, non-spirited driving as usual. Upon arriving home and parking at around 1:15am I hear a sporadic hissing noise coming from under the vehicle, I get down with flashlight and see that there appears to be a slow drip/leak landing on the exhaust pipe/catalytic converter and then the garage floor. I leave the car parked overnight suspecting perhaps condensation, wake up this morning move the car around 8am and notice there is still a small/fairly fresh puddle of what appears to be oil on the garage floor. I've had enough, 9am comes around and I call the dealership and leave a voicemail for Dave Duggan to call me back, it is now 10:25am and I've heard nothing back....... ughhh.

Sorry for the long read, just extremely frustrated.
Wow. Man.... you have every right to be frustrated.... I'd damn near be going postal by now.... Good luck and let us know how it all runs down....

Right? I actually remained very calm all things considered lol until I woke up this morning.

And to top it all off, after giving myself a 2hr window to get the oil change done yesterday morning in order to start work at 12pm, I then was nearly 2hrs late starting work.

:downdown:

well that is sick , The boss man sounds ok but he sure doesn't know what his employee's are doing. Does it really take 10 L of oil , look in the book if that is the actuall capacity ?? sounds like the filter is loose, or maybe the plug is not tight , geese they can't even put air in the tires right . thumbs down on that place.....👎 $218 to change oil, I'd blow a gasket right there.

well that is sick , The boss man sounds ok but he sure doesn't know what his employee's are doing. Does it really take 10 L of oil , look in the book if that is the actuall capacity ?? sounds like the filter is loose, or maybe the plug is not tight , geese they can't even put air in the tires right . thumbs down on that place.....👎 $218 to change oil, I'd blow a gasket right there.

Yeah, exactly.

According to my online search it takes approx. 9.3L of oil. I suspect the added cost was due to the use of Mobil1. I chalked it up as "gotta pay to play Corvette tax" but I'd love to hear what others are paying at the dealerships for a similar service if it varies.

That's a horrible service, on top of it all you now have leaking oil. This is very disturbing... I hope this gets rectified properly and quickly, but judging by the first experience it may not happen so quickly. Please let is know.

That's a horrible service, on top of it all you now have leaking oil. This is very disturbing... I hope this gets rectified properly and quickly, but judging by the first experience it may not happen so quickly. Please let is know.

If I don't get a response from the GM shortly I may just cut my losses, file a report with BBB and take it to a different dealership (likely make the drive to Wilson-Niblett) to get rectified by technicians who service Corvettes on a more frequent basis.

Reactions: gone911postal
If I don't get a response from the GM shortly I may just cut my losses, file a report with BBB and take it to a different dealership (likely make the drive to Wilson-Niblett) to get rectified by technicians who service Corvettes on a more frequent basis.

Wow that is totally unacceptable. You damn well know how much oil goes into your car. @XFIRE82
Obviously you need to pick a different dealership. Personally I don’t mind waiting around as I’m always BSing with the techs and folks. But ya.. my car always comes out mint and clean. Not a mark on it.
Definitely cut your losses and move on. Lots of good dealerships out there man

I take my car only to Roy Nichols in Courtice, I have never had anything like that happen to me. Once they had trouble with one of the role up doors and it took a little longer than expected. When I received the dealership survey I mentioned having to wait. About a week later I received a $25. discount card for the dealership. The owner of Roy Nichols is a big Vette guy.

So if it holds 9.3 L of oil and they put in 10 , that means they over filled it , did you pull the dipstick and see ? overfill is not the thing to do on any engine.

Ya wow. He got screwed. Nothing about that dry sump oil change sounds good. You very well know the process for this as we have been talking about it very recently.
These “modern” cars take a ton of synthetic oil.
I really hope his dealership lives up to the promise.
Wow.... Z has the top of the line Z06.

I just recieved a phonecall from the Service manager Steve, willing to give them 1 last chance tomorrow morning at 8am to rectify the situation. He sounded as though he got an earful from the GM.

If you do end up giving a bad review, Yelp and Google Reviews, as well as BBB are good places to post and well read. Might save someone else a headache.

The first thing I read that got my attention was $104.95 and the rest of the events I honestly would not have chanced - I would have left the building.
Curious - is this your first dry-sump oil change? It's the only thing that I can figure how a flag did not wave with hurricane force for you.

I just did a 2008 non-dry-sump 6.2 Corvette with 6 litres of Mobil 1 and it was $179.95 - so that $104.95 would have instantly lead me to think
I was not going to get Mobil 1. (I also have learned to know that they just state 10litres on my dry-sump Corvettes as they just round it up when talking about it
- similar to documenting 6 litres of Mobil 1 for the 2008) I find the pricing similar to many GM Dealerships and Cadillacs too - so not just a "Corvette Tax"
but just GM Dealership Parts & Servicing Profitability (where much of the money is apparently made versus in sales).

All aside ... I do hope everything gets remedied for you without lingering issue. The good news of all the bad news is that
you have a much stronger background and wiser for your next service (where ever that may be) and not sign the work order and wait - without reading & listening.
This is our Millennial Age where we actually cannot 100% trust our service needs to those who may have been raised to be given everything perfectly in life.
I'm finding more and more examples each day as I dread the thought of living in retirement some day. JMO

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
I paid $305 at Shaganappi in Calgary and $309 and Western Corvette in Calgary. Your price is actually pretty good. As for the 10 litre thing, at Western they put in a full 10 and added another 1/4 lire to bring it it above the middle mark on the stick. Every car is a little different. Running at temp I am at the top of the hash mark.

Z06 , here is how they should of done the oil change on your car . When you go back to them, ask how many foot lbs did they torque the 2 plugs and oil filter at ? , you'll know the answer when you look at the video here. that way you will know if they did it right. And also if they watched if the oil filter gasket was removed or did they just overlook it and that could be why you have a leak now too ? click on :

..........this is not rocket science, changing oil in a 57 -67 chev V8 was alot more complicated with the canister filter than this is.

Last edited:
Update: So I went in yesterday morning at 8am and met with the GM Dave Duggan, extremely nice gentleman with great business etiquette. We chatted for afew minutes and he allowed me into the bay as they pulled my car in. They did an inspection and determined the fresh "leak" was actually condensation from the evap canister which then hit the exhaust/catalytic converter which was alittle dirty and then the ground (I had never noticed the sound/puddle on the floor previous so it was new to me). I apologized for wasting their time with regards to the "leak". Dave then asked if there was anything else I needed addressing, I said I had just lowered the car on the factory bolts and was planning on bringing it in for an alignment, he then had his technician Pat (also a very nice and knowledgeable gentleman) do the 4wheel alignment right then and there while I stood/waited in the bay, at no cost (set to a less aggressive Non-Z06 Corvette setup). In my opinion the GM saved me as a potential future customer at this location, I will likely give them another shot once my next (free) oil change is due, providing Dave is in and Pat is the technician working on my vehicle.

Sidenote: They also set the tire pressures to 30psi and gave me the unused 0.7L of Mobil1 that was left after the oilchange.

Update: So I went in yesterday morning at 8am and met with the GM Dave Duggan, extremely nice gentleman with great business etiquette. We chatted for afew minutes and he allowed me into the bay as they pulled my car in. They did an inspection and determined the fresh "leak" was actually condensation from the evap canister which then hit the exhaust/catalytic converter which was alittle dirty and then the ground (I had never noticed the sound/puddle on the floor previous so it was new to me). I apologized for wasting their time with regards to the "leak". Dave then asked if there was anything else I needed addressing, I said I had just lowered the car on the factory bolts and was planning on bringing it in for an alignment, he then had his technician Pat (also a very nice and knowledgeable gentleman) do the 4wheel alignment right then and there while I stood/waited in the bay, at no cost (set to a less aggressive Non-Z06 Corvette setup). In my opinion the GM saved me as a potential future customer at this location, I will likely give them another shot once my next (free) oil change is due, providing Dave is in and Pat is the technician working on my vehicle.

Sidenote: They also set the tire pressures to 30psi and gave me the unused 0.7L of Mobil1 that was left after the oilchange.

Now that’s a great follow up and this sounds like the dealership you want to do business with.
Real glad it came right for you. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.