I agree that $104 for a dry sump oil change on a C7 just doesn't sound right. I was quoted $220 all in 2 years ago. I went to Race Ready Garage and had all the fluids done. Doesn't the dry sump C7 take 9.8 liters? I'm sure that is what I read 9.8, or maybe my eyesight makes the 3 look like a 8.

Reactions: YFCvii
I agree that $104 for a dry sump oil change on a C7 just doesn't sound right. I was quoted $220 all in 2 years ago. I went to Race Ready Garage and had all the fluids done. Doesn't the dry sump C7 take 9.8 liters? I'm sure that is what I read 9.8, or maybe my eyesight makes the 3 look like a 8.
I found a couple of Dealerships who will let me bring my own Mobil 1 and they both
stated that bringing two 4.73 litre Mobil 1 will do the trick for the dry-sump oil renew
with very little left over ... and saves the funds for close to a full tank of premium fuel.

• Haha
Reactions: tyho and ddgermann
Glad everything worked out at the end. It could of been scary :Ack2:
I had my oil changed on my C6 twice at the same dealership. The first one, was when I first purchased my car in August, and had an oil change prior to putting it up for the winter. No issues. The 2nd oil change was the follwing year, in mid summer after a 3 week road trip. Also was without any issues with the service manager, or technician. They also performed the yearly provincial safety inspection as well.
When the Spring came, I decided I would do my own oil change using Mobil1, Mobil 1 filter.
I drained the oil, then I put the wrench on the GM oil filter, and it would not move. It was stuck hard. I tried everything I had, and finally put a screwdriver through the filter to try to get it off that way. That just torn the filter to shreads.
I'm now pissed, and realise that the AC Delco filter was put on without a bead of oil on the gasket, and it is now welded to the block.
I had to use a cold chiesel, and hammer to get that sucker loosened and finally off.
That was my last oil change at the GM dealer. Hard to believe that they can screw up a simple oil change.
Here is what was left of the filter when it was finally removed. You can see where I used the cold chiesel to lossen it.

Had quite the negative experience at Nurse Chevrolet in Whitby yesterday morning, so I figured I would share.

At 10am I drove my 2015 Z06 to the dealership arriving there at 10:15am, was welcomed by a friendly service technician whom walked me over to the lube counter. Being my first time at the dealership they took down the appropriate information and asked what I was in for and I replied "just a simple oil change w/Mobil1". The female at the counter (Shana I believe her name was) gave me the pricing $104.95 then mentioned that a complimentary carwash and vaccum was included, I was pleased to hear as I hadn't done so in a week or so. They promptly brought my car in and parked it in a specific bay designated for "sports cars" and to my knowledge began work on it. I took a seat in the wait room and proceeded to kill time, 45mins goes by, 1hr 30mins, 2hrs goes by and I then walk up to the counter to see what is taking so long, the same female (whom is also training another) informs me that she does not know, then another service technician (Mitchell) whom overheard our conversation pipes in that they only have 1 service technician that is allowed to work on "highend / sports cars" as they had a previous occurrence of a tech destroying an Audi that was in. I then asked to speak with a service manager. After the trainee does some running around to locate one for 10mins, Steve Good arrives in the wait room. I ask him what the delay is/what is taking so long and he replies that they only have 1 bay available to work on sports cars, I reply that there was no delay in getting the car in as there was no other vehicle occupying that bay and they appeared to begin work on it shortly thereafter. He replied that they take special care to do a very detailed job on vehicles of higher value, I replied "2.5hrs?" his response was that "yes it can take some time", to which I replied "2.5hrs for an oil change is rediculous". I made mention that the other technician stated they only have 1 tech available to work on these vehicles, to which he replied "that is not true" and it was because they only have one bay in which they can work on these vehicles. The 2hr 45mins mark rolls around, I see the technician that was "working on it" run in from outside towards the bay and he finally brings the car out. They call me to the counter and hand me a bill for $218.48 stating the oil/filter was changed using Mobil1 5W30, reset OLM, topped up fluid levels, set tire pressue to 30psi, ran vehicle and checked oil level - ok. I questioned the bill for a moment as she had stated $104.95 to which she replied that is only upto 5L and the vehicle required 10L. I signed the paper and paid, then walked outside to notice the car was not washed and/or vaccumed. I walked back in and stated to the her that it was not done, she said I could bring the car back in and I said no thank you, so she handed me a complimentary car wash card, I again left and walked back out to the car, started it up and what pops up on the dash but my tire pressure monitor showing all 4 corners with varying numbers... so much for setting the tire pressures to 30psi all around. I walk back in and ask them to send the service manager Steve Good out to the vehicle where I would be waiting. He comes out and I explain to him that this was my first time at the dealership and likely my last, I inform him that they did not wash or vaccum the car to which he replies "we do not take these vehicles thru the car wash as it is not touchless", I replied "so why did the female at the counter offer it and furthermore provide me with a now useless complimentary car wash card when I mentioned it was not done", his response was "I'm not sure". I made it very clear I was not looking for anything in return, just providing my first impressions and service feedback... he did not seem to care. I drive home and promptly call the dealership to speak with the general manager Dave Duggan, explain my experience to him to which he says "that is horrible service and not acceptable" and he will look into it, he offered me a free oil change should I give them a second chance in the future and suggested I book the appointment directly through him so he could oversee it all as he mentioned he watched me pull in, his son ran the car over to the bay for the technician and everything appeared to be as it should so he wasn't sure where it all fell apart.

Fast forward 7hrs it is now 9:20pm and I have decided to meet a friend for a coffee and little drive. Take the car out for approx. 3hrs for a coffee and cruise, non-spirited driving as usual. Upon arriving home and parking at around 1:15am I hear a sporadic hissing noise coming from under the vehicle, I get down with flashlight and see that there appears to be a slow drip/leak landing on the exhaust pipe/catalytic converter and then the garage floor. I leave the car parked overnight suspecting perhaps condensation, wake up this morning move the car around 8am and notice there is still a small/fairly fresh puddle of what appears to be oil on the garage floor. I've had enough, 9am comes around and I call the dealership and leave a voicemail for Dave Duggan to call me back, it is now 10:25am and I've heard nothing back....... ughhh.

Sorry for the long read, just extremely frustrated.
Hi, not sure what’s going on with GM service these days. I had to wait 25 days for head gaskets to be replaced on my Duramax (while on vacation in Oregon) Dealing with GM customer service was an absolute nightmare. I have finally found a reasonably good dealership in Calgary but have yet to let them touch my ‘09 ZR1. I have a reliable mechanic that works evenings at his home for that. It’s bad when customers are fearful to use a dealership. Poor service and high prices seem to be the rule.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Had quite the negative experience at Nurse Chevrolet in Whitby yesterday morning, so I figured I would share.

At 10am I drove my 2015 Z06 to the dealership arriving there at 10:15am, was welcomed by a friendly service technician whom walked me over to the lube counter. Being my first time at the dealership they took down the appropriate information and asked what I was in for and I replied "just a simple oil change w/Mobil1". The female at the counter (Shana I believe her name was) gave me the pricing $104.95 then mentioned that a complimentary carwash and vaccum was included, I was pleased to hear as I hadn't done so in a week or so. They promptly brought my car in and parked it in a specific bay designated for "sports cars" and to my knowledge began work on it. I took a seat in the wait room and proceeded to kill time, 45mins goes by, 1hr 30mins, 2hrs goes by and I then walk up to the counter to see what is taking so long, the same female (whom is also training another) informs me that she does not know, then another service technician (Mitchell) whom overheard our conversation pipes in that they only have 1 service technician that is allowed to work on "highend / sports cars" as they had a previous occurrence of a tech destroying an Audi that was in. I then asked to speak with a service manager. After the trainee does some running around to locate one for 10mins, Steve Good arrives in the wait room. I ask him what the delay is/what is taking so long and he replies that they only have 1 bay available to work on sports cars, I reply that there was no delay in getting the car in as there was no other vehicle occupying that bay and they appeared to begin work on it shortly thereafter. He replied that they take special care to do a very detailed job on vehicles of higher value, I replied "2.5hrs?" his response was that "yes it can take some time", to which I replied "2.5hrs for an oil change is rediculous". I made mention that the other technician stated they only have 1 tech available to work on these vehicles, to which he replied "that is not true" and it was because they only have one bay in which they can work on these vehicles. The 2hr 45mins mark rolls around, I see the technician that was "working on it" run in from outside towards the bay and he finally brings the car out. They call me to the counter and hand me a bill for $218.48 stating the oil/filter was changed using Mobil1 5W30, reset OLM, topped up fluid levels, set tire pressue to 30psi, ran vehicle and checked oil level - ok. I questioned the bill for a moment as she had stated $104.95 to which she replied that is only upto 5L and the vehicle required 10L. I signed the paper and paid, then walked outside to notice the car was not washed and/or vaccumed. I walked back in and stated to the her that it was not done, she said I could bring the car back in and I said no thank you, so she handed me a complimentary car wash card, I again left and walked back out to the car, started it up and what pops up on the dash but my tire pressure monitor showing all 4 corners with varying numbers... so much for setting the tire pressures to 30psi all around. I walk back in and ask them to send the service manager Steve Good out to the vehicle where I would be waiting. He comes out and I explain to him that this was my first time at the dealership and likely my last, I inform him that they did not wash or vaccum the car to which he replies "we do not take these vehicles thru the car wash as it is not touchless", I replied "so why did the female at the counter offer it and furthermore provide me with a now useless complimentary car wash card when I mentioned it was not done", his response was "I'm not sure". I made it very clear I was not looking for anything in return, just providing my first impressions and service feedback... he did not seem to care. I drive home and promptly call the dealership to speak with the general manager Dave Duggan, explain my experience to him to which he says "that is horrible service and not acceptable" and he will look into it, he offered me a free oil change should I give them a second chance in the future and suggested I book the appointment directly through him so he could oversee it all as he mentioned he watched me pull in, his son ran the car over to the bay for the technician and everything appeared to be as it should so he wasn't sure where it all fell apart.

Fast forward 7hrs it is now 9:20pm and I have decided to meet a friend for a coffee and little drive. Take the car out for approx. 3hrs for a coffee and cruise, non-spirited driving as usual. Upon arriving home and parking at around 1:15am I hear a sporadic hissing noise coming from under the vehicle, I get down with flashlight and see that there appears to be a slow drip/leak landing on the exhaust pipe/catalytic converter and then the garage floor. I leave the car parked overnight suspecting perhaps condensation, wake up this morning move the car around 8am and notice there is still a small/fairly fresh puddle of what appears to be oil on the garage floor. I've had enough, 9am comes around and I call the dealership and leave a voicemail for Dave Duggan to call me back, it is now 10:25am and I've heard nothing back....... ughhh.

Sorry for the long read, just extremely frustrated.
That's the reason why I do my own. If you at least know where to locate the oil dip stick or maybe read your manual, 10 liters of oil is way too much. Your oil level on the dip stick is safer below the recommended level. Just a friendly recommendation, perform another oil change on your own if you can or take it to more reliable mechanic before any damage can and will happen because of too much oil. Don't wait too long. (Are you certain that they used SYNTHETIC OIL or do you know if they even replaced the filter)?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.