Doug, it's really progressing and looking good. The floor looks smooth enough to be a roller rink. Get the blades on and try it out. Either that or put the Shark in there and do a burnout to make it feel more at home.

Hell of an idea Rob -- Doug , get the shark in there and christen it early on. Smoke her up good. :rofl:

C.

waiting for the hydro to come and put in the new pole and hook up. the generator has been as handy as a pocket in a shirt !!! but i've spent somewhere around 500 bucks in gasoline so far :eek: the genny will still see use though. i wired my table saw at 220v so i made up a 240v patch cord to operate the saw. i did the same thing with my stick welder, it allows for a greater degree of mobility.

my buddy and i have installed all but two of the windows and a couple of doors. this guy is dead on meticulous about his work and isn't satisfied until it's perfect. he's like a friggin' surgeon with a sheet metal brake. he's quite pleased about the shop and that there will be a four post lift, he only lives a 1/4 mile away and will bring his stage 3 roush here to service it. if anyone in this area needs windows, doors, aluminum work, etc, let me know - shane is the man.

work may be coming to a standstill. i think the index knuckle of my right hand may be broken. my big framing nailer took an 8 foot fall and my hand stopped it's descent - dead on the knuckle. very swollen and painful and the hand is almost useless. i'm a lefty so i guess it could've been worse. :swear:

don't think it's broken. not as painful this morning and a little more mobility than last night. i'm lucky that i recover from injuries quickly cause i really know how to hurt myself :eek: hell i don't even bruise :rofl: so off to work this morning.

more progress. hydro is coming tuesday to put up the pole and transformer and i hope the E.S.A. WILL SHOW UP TODAY to inspect the meter base and panel box etc. the hvac guy should be here this week and maybe the overhead doors as well. the pump is in the well, the line is buried and the pressure tank is in. :D

Doug, may be a dumb question but why don't you have the meter base installed on the new pole. That way you don't have to try to get your siding around that ugly thing. Looks like it's just an in and out to the panel somewhere in the middle of the house or is it in your shop.

hi rob - good ol' hydro one insisted that this is where the meter base must go. not my first choice, as i wanted the breaker panel centre of the basement back wall, so that is where the line out runs to. i can't really kick though, due to several lucky breaks i made out like a bandit on the fee [saving thousands ] :D siding will be easy because we spaced for it and the strapping.

Back in `75 they wanted the meter on the front wall or no more than ten feet down the side wall. We put the meter on the back wall and of course the main panel inside right under the kitchen. The kitchen is where nearly all the heavy electrical draw is and a lot of the heavy wiring. It seemed to be the most sensible place to put it. Our next door neighbour has the meter on the south end of his bungalow and the kitchen is at the north end. That`s a lot of 14-2, 14-3 and stove wire to run the length of the house for no good reason other than it was easier for the meter readers. As long it is to code, it should be none of Hydro`s business where the meter goes. They are an eye sore for sure. Ontario Hydro is on more of a power trip today I guess.

we have power !!! i am now filling in those damn trenches, my little kubota makes it a much funner job :D i never did see or hear from E.S.A. but the hydro boys had a connect order so it was a go . i have the electrical permit so i can now start running a few circuits. now i will only use the genny for the 220v table saw and lights when i am working in the breaker box.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread