my calculations appear to be good. it looks like the shop walls will be 12ft and with the scissor-style roof trusses gives me an inside ceiling ridge height of almost 15ft. that puts the roof line of the whole building at the same level without having to step it. the guy that is supplying and installing the roll-up doors is another fella i have known many years. he will be installing tracks that follow the the angle of the trusses so the doors roll up out of the way and provide plenty of clearance when there is a car on the lift. :D

they sure do greg. they all work together as if it was choreographed and everything is dead nuts accurate. really something to see. the guys that did the block work were the same. before the framers started the floor they checked out the building for square. the block guys had done such a great job that the building was only out of square overall by 1/16 inch - ONE SIXTEENTH !!! keith tedford's cousin, bert hendren who is doing all the excavating, is so good that i told him he should be instructing at fleming college. bert said he will look into that rather than plow snow in the winter. :D

That's cool to see it progressing Doug. It's really taking shape now.
You must be very excited about its progress.

Keep the pics coming with every step, and thanks for sharing with us.

C.

Cool to see how you build out east...... Little different than us here in booming Alberta. Why no sheeting on outside walls??
When they door your garage overhead doors look into high-lift rails, they just run rails straight up to ceiling as far as possible then turn and run on ceiling.... This makes more room for car lift if needed, is what I did to make appropriate room for the lift.

Cool to see how you build out east...... Little different than us here in booming Alberta. Why no sheeting on outside walls??
When they door your garage overhead doors look into high-lift rails, they just run rails straight up to ceiling as far as possible then turn and run on ceiling.... This makes more room for car lift if needed, is what I did to make appropriate room for the lift.

walls were too heavy to lift with the sheeting on. the garage roof is getting scissor trusses which are similar to cathedral. the door tracks will follow the ceiling angle, up out of the way. :D

the 12 foot shop walls went up yesterday. they were too much for three of us so i drafted a couple friends. with five of us it was a breeze. sheeting and bracing today and hopefully tomorrow the roof trusses arrive on the boom truck. getting there. :D

Really making progress now, eh Doug? :D

I spent most of yesterday removing 4 layers of kitchen flooring so I can get the hardwood installed. I'll be back at it again today. :eek:

May be a little interesting getting the car in and out of the garage, but whatever you're comfortable with. Well, at least there is a little less of a lip to get over in the right side:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread