work has been at a standstill for a couple of weeks while waiting for the floor trusses. i am hoping they arrive this week and my framing crew can get started. the backfilling and grading can't be done until the floor is on to give stability to the block walls. the hydro came and did a site plan. there is an existing pole and lines but the pole must be replaced with a higher one for a transformer. the new pole will be about 40 ft from the current one and i have cleared path for the bucket truck to get in. poison ivy doesn't seem to bother the kubota !!!

Nice to hear you're making progress. We have the electrician coming here on Monday. Be glad to get back to normal.

things are starting to move now. the floor trusses are here and the sill plates are on. we got rained out today but the stone slinger arrived to cover the big O drain pipe around the perimeter. the floor will go on tomorrow and the backfilling will begin. :D

my generator is getting a good workout. 6500 watt with a marine shore power cord i adapted. plenty of power for compressors and saws etc. :D

Wow those guys work in a neatly Doug -- or do you crack the whip??? Looks like a good crew you have there.
I like the lumber. It looks clean and straight.....

Coming along great -- won't be long now. You got the plans for the 418" ready?

C.

lol colin, between buildings and cars my old noggin is justa' spinin'. budget - wise i think i'm good but an early spring sale of the lake house would be ideal. perfect home for someone that likes to fish and golf......i do neither so i wont miss it even though its been in the family for 50 years and i have lived here for 22. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread