This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

finally,the new shop starts !

well my basement guy and i measured and staked out the building perimeter today in preparation for the arrival of the high hoe excavator on monday morning. i guess the next picture i post will be of a big hole in the ground. doug.

now we're getting somewhere, the excavating finished about 6:30 this evening. here are some pics as it's just getting underway this morning. everything went well and the footings are to be poured wednesday. bert hendren is a top notch equipment operator and coincidently is keith tedford's cousin.

thanks justin. i'm very excited about the project and really looking forward to spending my remaining years playing with hot rods. living on the lake has been nice but it no longer suits my needs........now, if only i could find someone interested in a one year closing date on the lake house. doug.

Sweet! I'm hoping to get 12 ft ceilings when I build my garage in a few years. Awesome!

My shop is 12ft and I want like 20' Can't fit in an overhead crane at 12'. Just goes to show that you always want more even when what you have is awesome.

Looking good so far. A word of advice - although a level floor is really nice consider putting in slop to a pit for drainage. My shop floor was poured (before I owned it) and they attempted to make it level. now when snow or rain drips off my vehicles and bobcat the water runs to random places against walls and under benches. Strongly advise a drainage plan.

T

the block work is all done !!! a very skilled crew, they started around 7:00 saturday morning and were finished at noon monday. quality work. now my imagination is seeing the shark getting his makeover and a racecar to keep him company !!!

i have found a fairly local dealer for a 4 post car lift. actually in keith tedford's backyard - omemee. i hope to have one in this fall and the shark snoozing comfortably on it for the winter. doug.

Users who are viewing this thread